Heart Problems and Footballers

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

montroig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by montroig » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 pm

It saddens me to hear that yet another young footballer, Morosini, has suffered heart problems, just weeks after young Muamba! Unfortunately, this poor young man did not survive! My thoughts are with his family and friends.

As a mother of two boys (well, young men really ages 22 and 25)one a rugby player, the other a keen footballer it tugs at my heart strings to keep hearing of this happening to obviously fit young men, who almost certainly maintain healthy diets too. It bugs me that there could be some link! Surely this has been looked into though, I could not possibly be the only one with these feelings!

I keep returning to the same thought! there has been such an increased consumption of Isotonic drinks over the years! I know its probably a crazy theory, but these drinks contain sometimes large amounts of Sodium and Caffeine, large amounts of these would surely affect the blood pressure and in turn the heart!

Maybe a Cardiologist reads the Wanderers Forum and could educate me with regards to my theory and put my thought to rest!
I have never done anything like this before, but I feel so strongly about it and just have to get it out of my head and onto paper!