Bolton Fan In Colorado USA

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Theido
Hopeful
Hopeful

Bolton Fan In Colorado USA

Post by Theido » Tue May 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Everyone

I have been a Bolton fan for two years. I started watching the EPL because a friend was a Liverpool fan. Then the Red Sox owners (US baseball) bought Liverpool. They marketed to all Red Sox fans to be Liverpool fans. This enraged me as I refused to be told who I should be cheering for. I immediately looked at the table and picked a team on a whim.

Bolton Wanderers were honestly chosen because my home town I grew up in is also named Bolton. An arbitrary decision I know, but watching them I fell for how they played. With Coyle yelling from the sidelines as Elmander and Davis would manage to find the back of the net. That first season watching them cemented me as a Bolton fan forever.

I have also managed to convert my Australian girlfriend from an Arsenal fan to a Bolton fan. She is even more fanatical then I am for Bolton.

I will continue to support Bolton as much as I can. They have even caused me to buy tickets to my local MLS team to see 5 games this season. The Rapids aren't anything special but, they have a few players of quasi EPL talent with their best striker going on loan to Aston Villa for half a season (Villa wanted to keep him but his Jamaican Visa only worked for the US).

I really want to buy a Bolton jersey but, I don't even know who will be staying around. I was going to buy one before the season but hated how their away jerseys have turned to black. Are they going to go back to blue for the next season? My girlfriend wants a Bogdan jersey, but I would love a Mark Davies Jersey or a Lee Jersey but I'm just not sure they will be with the club next year. Are there any safe bets for who is staying this coming season?

Sorry for the extremely long meandering post, I love Bolton and no matter what league they are in will continue to support them.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Bolton Fan In Colorado USA

Post by jaffka » Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Greetings and well done for making the correct choice.

We have quite a few posters from North America and like you girlfriend have a female Arsenal fan who is in the process of being Wandererfied.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Welcome in.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome aboard fellah.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Welcome Theido. I have been to Colorado a few times and love the national parks. Once made the mistake of staying in Greeley though - without doubt the smelliest town I have ever stayed. Do you support the Avalanche?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Theido
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Theido » Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm from near Boston Massachusetts. What little hockey I do watch I support the Boston Bruins.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Theido wrote:I'm from near Boston Massachusetts. What little hockey I do watch I support the Boston Bruins.
Right, well you know where you get off! :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.