Hello

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hello

Post by BWFC76 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi there, thought I would join up.

My 1st BWFC game was way back in 1976 a nice 4-0 win for us over Oldham, no better was to start a football love affair! Lets hope there are a few 4-0 victories this season - but the pre-season game results so far don't inspire much hope of that, but you never can tell.

See you all there at the Rebok this season :mrgreen:

Here are some pics of the program from 1976-04-17

And best of all I got in contact with someone at ITV some years back to see if I could get a copy of the VHS tape of the broadcast of the "Big match" Sunday afternoon programme that featured the game the previous day & was lucky that the chap just asked for £20. Then the VHS tape was left collecting dust with no VHS player to watch it, so I got it converted to DVD and then with some messing around managed to just trim out the 8:30 mins section of the Bolton game and have posted it up on youtbe :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwV1nrgP5uc

Hope you enjoy watching the game - you can see me in the crowd 2:57-3:01 behind a UNIPART hoarding standing behind the blue metal stand rail wearing a brown parker with a yellow stripe down the arm. :D Aged 10.

Interesting point relating to the vintage kit thread in the trotter section about the 76-77-78 kits. The game was played in April 17th 1976 and we wore the Bukta kit, but in the program notes there is a pic from the Nottingham Forest game played 2 weeks earlier and they are wearing the Admiral strip!!! Which I thought was not worn til the 1976-77 season, not a big deal just a little side point.

Andrew
Means we'll miss out Monday, but come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Welcome 76 and thanks for that brilliantly retro introduction! Loved reading the program but the youtube clip :pray:

I see a couple of the duffers on the Oldham side that day ended up at Burnden 8 or so years later
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

Brilliant. And welcome.

I managed to track down the programme to my first game, 28 Sep 1974, a 1-1 draw with Notts County (Jimmy Armfield's last game in charge) on Ebay, though no footage exists that I'm aware of.

How fecking good was Peter Thompson?! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:31 am

and look at the prices at smithills coaching house!!! :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 am

thebish wrote:and look at the prices at smithills coaching house!!! :shock:
Aye, and the menu back then is exactly the same as it is now. No wonder it's shutting down!

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:...
Exactly what I thought, he was bossing the left wing that day. I remember that Peter Thompson was one that stood out that day. Peter Thompson & Roy Greaves were my favourite players back then.

What I also remember was how Burnden park pitch was elevated and from were I stood just behind the hoardings at the Railway end was how the football action was up at eye-level and the action; seemed more 3Dimensional and right on top of you, if that makes sense?
Means we'll miss out Monday, but come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:...
Exactly what I thought, he was bossing the left wing that day. I remember that Peter Thompson was one that stood out that day. Peter Thompson & Roy Greaves were my favourite players back then.
Here's a 10 year old me with the legend of the left wing.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Brilliant. And welcome.

I managed to track down the programme to my first game, 28 Sep 1974, a 1-1 draw with Notts County (Jimmy Armfield's last game in charge) on Ebay, though no footage exists that I'm aware of.

Very. line, corner, cut in a propper winger who got some real bad stuff thrown at him but skipped over it, Ronaldo without the diving :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Bienvenue, Monsieur Heywood. Great intro and enjoyable video.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:16 am

Welcome! Great memories. What a team that was!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!