Hello from Reading!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Hello from Reading!

Post by daib0 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Welcome fella. Always liked Reading and your lot showed a lot of class after the game at Wembley in 95 when you must have been gutted. Good luck for this coming season
Funnily enough, the Swansea final a couple of seasons back was almost harder to take in than '95. I think that in '95 we had no idea what the bigtime was about, and somehow you don't miss what you never experienced after the initial gutting disappointment. But after Swansea many of us thought we wouldn't get another stab for yonks and the Coppell premier days weren't so far behind us so we knew what we were missing ... (full credit to McDermott for doing it right just one season later). Unfortunately, it has to be said that we were honestly totally out of our class last season, just showed nice touches in about 15-20 minutes per game! Funnily enough, quite a few posters on my site are not too worried about being back in the championship where they feel we're actually going to compete. One thing is competing, another is being in cloud-cuckoo land thinking we are going to walk it - that doesn't exist on the RR site I can promise.

Of course, we'll rub shoulders right at the beginning of the season - really look forward to hearing your views
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:41 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
daib0 wrote:Here goes ...

I’m a Reading fan since the later 70s – and it’s always going to be ‘in peace’ here, that’s a promise. I was a season ticket holder for many seasons and a later move to live in Spain (‘Spanglish’ family so now speak fluent Spanish) has not blunted my optimism in following Reading, although visits are far and few unfortunately. I’ve seen over half the teams in the league, but if I’m honest that hasn’t included the Wanderers yet.
I’m in touch cos I was one of the founding-fathers of “Royals Rendezvous” in late 2010 plus its biggest contributor, and they sort of entrust me as their person for ‘outreach activity’ (won’t give you any link first post off in case it’s thought of as ‘spam’!). But I would be interested in getting some of your opinions before our matches this season, plus any other big news connecting us. We're not an arrogant bunch, many of us in the forum started in the old third and fourth division days. All the best for the new season guys ...
Welcome

Right, I have been living in Wokingham for the last 10 years and go to school in Winnersh (presuming if you have lived in the Reading area you will know of which school I speak off) and I can tell you that while what you state about your fans on your site may be true you are speaking about a small portion of them, I have found few fans to be as big headed and cocky as Reading fans and given I go to school with over 1000 of them I have a very large spectrum to form such a large opinion, last season I was told at the start of the season by 100s of new Reading fans (they had all supported the Munich's the season before) that "you weren't going to go down" and "that you were going to finish in Europe" and "you were going to become a superpower of English football" because of your new fancy owner (who we all know doesn't have ay money, otherwise where were your big signings last season, there weren't any you bought players from Crawley FFS). While I am sure you and your pals and that forum are perfectly nice blokes I can tell you that being surrounded by your super plastic fans for the last 10 years has bread into me a vile hatred of your football club especially as I know 100s of lads that supported United until Coppell took you up and then they all started supporting Reading (a new definition of glory hunters), you went down and everyone went back to supporting United and Chelsea again until Brian took you up and the cycle started all over again, I am looking forward to seeing how few Reading shirts are in town centre next season.
I should continue by saying just how poor our support is in fact myself and Fat Frank could and will out sing the "not very Mad stad" as you will see next season (fingers cross we take 3000 or 4000 down there), I think the way you treated McDermott last season was appalling especially as he is an excellent manager (and he got you up) compared to Atkins who is average and look forward to seeing you survive next season by the skin of your teeth. I have constantly got it in the ear from 100s if not 1000s of your plastic Chelsea's one day, loyal royals the next for the past 7 years and therefore you can understand my hatred of the Royal b**tards.

However having never met you I will reserve judgement and would be happy to contribute to your forum/group.

:roll:

You don't half talk some shit

Don't think i know any teenagers who are not big headed and cocky
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:17 pm

All in all looks a nice site indeed, and you're right to be cautious first off!

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Out of interest, the Reading FC Official Site says this about you guys:

Reading FC Official Site

Get the lowdown on our opponents

Bolton

Only a last minute goal denied the Wanderers a shot at an immediate return to the Barclays Premier League via the play-offs, having been relegated from the top flight in 2011/12.

The Lancashire side managed an impressive late Championship season surge, similar to the Royals' roll two seasons ago, but after winning nine out of 13 games - they came up agonisingly short on the final day. A 2-2 draw with Blackpool, combined with a last minute goal for Leicester against Nottingham Forest, meant that the Trotters would have to miss out.

But, boosted by the signings of Alex Baptiste and young winger Robert Hall, Dougie Freedman's charges will surely be one of the favourites to go one better in 2013/14.

When we meet: Saturday 10th August, 3pm (A) & Saturday 18th January, 3pm (H)
Distance between us: 216 miles
Former Royal: Matt Mills
Last five vs Bolton: WWWLL