Not

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Not

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 pm

No where near new, in fact I'm old and jaded. I just happened to no longer remember my exact username and/or password...
There's always the possibility I couldn't access the site coz I'm banned, but it's probably just late onset senility...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Not

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Ivan the Terrible wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 pm
No where near new, in fact I'm old and jaded. I just happened to no longer remember my exact username and/or password...
There's always the possibility I couldn't access the site coz I'm banned, but it's probably just late onset senility...
Welcome back (depending on whom you were of course).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Thank you. Think cats and spots.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Ivan the Terrible wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 pm
Thank you. Think cats and spots.
Really? Long time no hear. Hope you're well.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 pm

I, for one, are delighted to see you back mate. Hope you're well and fighting fit... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 pm
I, for one, are delighted to see you back mate. Hope you're well and fighting fit... :wink:
Cheers, I'm feeling fitter than Bruce Forsythe, probably.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:04 am

G'day, Spotty. Good to see you typing again. You've been missed (by this bloke, anyway). :drink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:28 am

Ivan the Terrible wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
You seriously abused several worthwhile contributors to this site who've subsequently left without returning. You've pulled this stunt a couple of times now whereby, after involving yourself in battles of wit whilst being clearly unarmed, you disappear for months only to return under an alternative alias. That you've posted something relating to current traffic on this site being sparse is utterly hilarious. Do us a favour, you stupid c*nt, and feck off now before you further lessen our number with your brain-dead and purposely antagonistic tirades!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:28 am
Ivan the Terrible wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
You seriously abused several worthwhile contributors to this site who've subsequently left without returning. You've pulled this stunt a couple of times now whereby, after involving yourself in battles of wit whilst being clearly unarmed, you disappear for months only to return under an alternative alias. That you've posted something relating to current traffic on this site being sparse is utterly hilarious. Do us a favour, you stupid c*nt, and feck off now before you further lessen our number with your brain-dead and purposely antagonistic tirades!
:conf: Must have missed something....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ivan the Terrible wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hiya Monty. So must I.

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ivan the Terrible wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Go on then, remind me, coz I don't know who it is I 'abused' who subsequently disappeared.
I'm quite happy to return as LLS if the administrators can arrange it, I'm not masquerading as anybody.
Nice to hear from you again Bruce, I see you too have retained your utterly charming personality. (PS. As far as I remember the only 'battle' I had was with Mr Enfield, to whom I later apologised, and between us amicably settled our differences. And as for disappearing, I was very unwell for a large period of the recent past and was not up to posting or many other activities).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ivan the Terrible wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
You must. There was plenty of it at the time. It was moderated out shortly after the first event and then shortly after the second event upon return from the initial "yellow card" when a scatter gun "your a c*nt" approach was taken to anyone (and more than just Enfield iirc) who posted anything he didn't agree with.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am

A request:

For the sake of forum etiquette, it might help to keep things in perspective if the use of the collective "us" is not used when a member is expressing personal views. Argue your cases, present your views as you will, we're not kids, but keep them as your own and not those of anyone else.
Thank you in advance, you know it makes sense... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am

For the sake of forum etiquette, it might help keep things in perspective if the moderation team could remember why someone was banned in the first place.

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am
For the sake of forum etiquette, it might help keep things in perspective if the moderation team could remember why someone was banned in the first place.
I had a week's ban month's before I fell ill. I posted plenty of stuff after the ban. I didn't 'leave' because of the ban. You and Bruce appear to be conflating history into one enormous row with me as instigator, perpetrator and sole actuator. I had a barney with yhebish, so did plenty of others: he didn't, as I recall, leave the site as a result. The only person I recall who stormed off into the sunset was Jaffka, and that (if I remember right) was a result of a row between him and bish. Many others were very fractious against each other without me being involved: I suggest that your memory is over selective. I don't deny I had exchanges of opinion in which I and the corespondents went over the top, but as I say, the only battle I recall was with Mr Enfield which was resolved before I 'left'.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 am

Ivan the Terrible wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am
I had a week's ban month's before I fell ill. I posted plenty of stuff after the ban. I didn't 'leave' because of the ban. You and Bruce appear to be conflating history into one enormous row with me as instigator, perpetrator and sole actuator. I had a barney with yhebish, so did plenty of others: he didn't, as I recall, leave the site as a result. The only person I recall who stormed off into the sunset was Jaffka, and that (if I remember right) was a result of a row between him and bish. Many others were very fractious against each other without me being involved: I suggest that your memory is over selective. I don't deny I had exchanges of opinion in which I and the corespondents went over the top, but as I say, the only battle I recall was with Mr Enfield which was resolved before I 'left'.
This is an introductory forum and you've pleaded your case. Welcome back, stay within the rules and we'll all get along.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ivan the Terrible wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
You must. There was plenty of it at the time. It was moderated out shortly after the first event and then shortly after the second event upon return from the initial "yellow card" when a scatter gun "your a c*nt" approach was taken to anyone (and more than just Enfield iirc) who posted anything he didn't agree with.
The trouble is, young Worthy, that I'm a bit old. I will remove the abbreviation IIRC from usage as, apparently, I don't. :wink:

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:11 pm

I'd still like to know which worthwhile contributors I supposedly seriously abused who then left and never returned as a consequence.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:16 pm

It were William the white.
Neither of you were blameless nor behaved like the rational adults I'm sure you both are. But then that's the internet for you.

Can we move on now?
Businesswoman of the year.

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:16 pm
It were William the white.
Neither of you were blameless nor behaved like the rational adults I'm sure you both are. But then that's the internet for you.

Can we move on now?
Really? I had no idea.
I've moved on many times since. I'm the very definition of moved on. I'll try very hard to behave myself and not upset too many folk, although I reserve the right to hold opinions, that after all is the very basis of social media, forums, and internet interactions. But, I will try extremely hard to be amiable, non-aggressive, unprovocative, and laid back.