When Saturday comes...

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

When Saturday comes...

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 am

Forget the England game on Saturday because something far more important happens that day...
It's the 1 year anniversary of mummy's recruitment drive to poach the cream of the 606 posters and introduce them to thewanderer. And what a year it's been!

On the 10th of June 2005 the following members joined up largely thanks to the one whose maternal parent thinks that brightly coloured wax pencils will wreak havoc on his digestive tract:
MasGib
boltonboi
Zulus! Thousands of 'em!
Phil_Brown's_Sun_Tan
WesthoughtonWanderer
enfieldwhite
TonyZicoKelly
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
FinchleyWhite
Waz
yorkwhite
8WFC Forever
knobpolisher
CrazyHorse
LKAFG is too longaname!
gav
dubwhite

Out of the 17 above names above two have gone on to be site moderators, although your guess is as good as mine as to what favours the admin asked of them in return for the privilege. :shock: :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I've had some great times over the past year and it seems that because 606 is facing a definite demise we're getting more and more new members all the time which can only be a good thing. Just yesterday the 'most users online' record increased by 50%! So it's a big thanks to everyone on here because we all make it what it is and a warm welcome to all new members who've joined recently.

TW forever! Right I'm off for a brew, though I'll not need sugar because that was sweet and sickly enough to last me the rest of the day... :D
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:39 am

Shouldn't a copy of this be on the Banter Forum Hoss?

And you're right, it is sickly sweet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: When Saturday comes...

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:04 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Seriously though, I've had some great times over the past year and it seems that because 606 is facing a definite demise we're getting more and more new members all the time which can only be a good thing. Just yesterday the 'most users online' record increased by 50%! So it's a big thanks to everyone on here because we all make it what it is and a warm welcome to all new members who've joined recently.
That might just have been a spike caused by the rather surprising WHAM factor. I didn't contribute to that (somewhat idiotic) thread even when the name-calling stopped. I was a bit distressed by several references to (I think) Spurs as the Yids. I am hoping I have misunderstood the etymology here.

Still happy birthday ex 606ers.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:12 pm

clique alert :pray:

remove arse from thumb :mrgreen: :whack:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:18 pm

are we just moving this between sections until it finds a home? What's it doing in "new members"??
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 pm

I'm renewing my membership and this is as good a place as any to make my first post.

Besides I often feel that this is the forgotten forum as it never receives half as much attention as it's bigger and more handsome older brothers The Trotters and General Banter. I just felt a bit sorry for it, ok? :D
Businesswoman of the year.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:51 pm

you big jessie
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
That might just have been a spike caused by the rather surprising WHAM factor. I didn't contribute to that (somewhat idiotic) thread even when the name-calling stopped. I was a bit distressed by several references to (I think) Spurs as the Yids. I am hoping I have misunderstood the etymology here.

Yids is a name spurs fans call themselves aswell so I dont think its a bad thing, but what do I know Im just a stoopid norvener

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Yids is a name spurs fans call themselves aswell so I dont think its a bad thing, but what do I know Im just a stoopid norvener
After some conversation with Sluffy I checked into this - apparently Alf Garnett, a WHAM fan, called Spurs a bunch of Yids and they took this up as a rallying cry in real life. I am certain it is not intended to be offensive in this context, but it is a racial epithet and certainly must be offensive to some. American blacks call themselves niggers, but I wouldn't. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:11 pm

Exactly!! theree words for you my wise old yank mate.

"double Stand Ards"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:Exactly!! theree words for you my wise old yank mate.

"double Stand Ards"
I can live with Yid (barely) but yank????? :twisted: That's OTT.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:44 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Exactly!! theree words for you my wise old yank mate.

"double Stand Ards"
I can live with Yid (barely) but yank????? :twisted: That's OTT.
sorry bud, got you mixed up with AT... I wouldnt wish yank upon anyone!!

Please accept my profound apologies sir..

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:42 pm

14th July for mine

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:55 pm

7/15 for mine...apparently Batman uses the site more than me even with an extended absence!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:58 pm

AT surely you mean 15/7 ? :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:07 pm

Batman wrote:14th July for mine
Why am I not surprised - Bastille Day! :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:09 pm

Oui, le poulet Monty. Oui le poulet.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Batman wrote:14th July for mine
Why am I not surprised - Bastille Day! :wink:
We seek him here, we seek him there, that damned elusive pipistrelle.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:10 am

Batman wrote:AT surely you mean 15/7 ? :D
:D That's where you can definitely tell I am an American Trotter :wink: