Doing the decent thing

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

eric snookes
Hopeful
Hopeful

Doing the decent thing

Post by eric snookes » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:42 pm

Hello,

As requested, I'm just letting you know of an extra member.

I intend to become the one poster's opinion you can rely upon on. :oops:

So then, who knocks about on here at this time of a Friday night....

Eric
You think it's bad now

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:19 pm

Well, there's always me. The Voice of Reason.

Welcome!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

eric snookes
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eric snookes » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:28 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Well, there's always me. The Voice of Reason.

Welcome!
I'm a little concerned now.
Surely they give you something like 3 - 6 a.m off? :?

Cheers
You think it's bad now

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:31 pm

I'll be in bed and sawing logs very soon! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:52 am

G'day, eric snookes. You'll find the odd bod banging around at these hours - mainly from overseas as you U.K. lot (assuming that's where you are) do tend to value your beauty sleep.

Get stuck in, lad, else we'll be unable to verify the veracity of your statement in the post above. As a matter of interest (this is asked of most who land here) why on this Earth do you follow BWFC - if you do - and for how long have you suffered from this terrible ailment? Having had the disease for many years now and not being able to throw it off you have my genuine sympathy. Should you have only just been infected then take my advice and stop right now. 'They' tell me that it will go away in time, but abstainance is essential.

Good luck.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:43 am

Dujon wrote:G'day, eric snookes. You'll find the odd bod banging around at these hours - mainly from overseas as you U.K. lot (assuming that's where you are) do tend to value your beauty sleep.

Get stuck in, lad, else we'll be unable to verify the veracity of your statement in the post above. As a matter of interest (this is asked of most who land here) why on this Earth do you follow BWFC - if you do - and for how long have you suffered from this terrible ailment? Having had the disease for many years now and not being able to throw it off you have my genuine sympathy. Should you have only just been infected then take my advice and stop right now. 'They' tell me that it will go away in time, but abstainance is essential.

Good luck.
Is that what you are calling yourself these days Dujon :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site eric, get yourself stuck in.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:39 am

Greetings, Snookeso. Strangely, I did consider adopting the gingerun's monicker myself at one point.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:12 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Dujon wrote:G'day, eric snookes. You'll find the odd bod banging around at these hours - mainly from overseas as you U.K. lot (assuming that's where you are) do tend to value your beauty sleep.

Good luck.

Young fellows like you, SOTWA, may not recall the phrase but it was in common parlance when Dujon was young - it means a few people n ot peculiar ones. Welcome Eric.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:

Good luck.

Young fellows like you, SOTWA, may not recall the phrase but it was in common parlance when Dujon was young - it means a few people n ot peculiar ones. Welcome Eric.
Oh now come on Monty I am fully aware of the phrase :D, I'm pretty sure (hopeful) Dujon knows that I meant no harm in my comment. It was a pun, quip, friendly banter etc. I don't make a habit of insulting members that I have respect for.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:24 am

S'all right, Monty. How can we disbelieve someone who puts the two of us (both furriners) into starring rôles in his novel? :wink:

No offence taken, SOTWA. As a matter of interest and nothing to do with welcoming eric - you'll get used to hi-jacked threads, eric - my late father-in-law was in the RAAF during WWII. He was a fighter pilot (mainly spitfires). At one stage he was seconded to Scapa Flow to train pilots. On return to Australia and the cessation of hostilities in the Pacific he was demobbed and returned to civilian life. On ANZAC Day (look it up if you're not sure what that is) the returned servicemen and women march through the city streets under their original divisions/ships banners. Because he'd not been regularly attached to a particular Australian group he marched with others in the same predicament. Their group name? The Odd Bods.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:47 am

Then some of us are just strange :D

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:14 am

Yeahwatch out for the interlopers - they're up to something I tell you

Ow do? get tha sen in
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:52 am

hello

Im around some Friday nights, tends to be very quiet tho, everyone on here seems to have better things to do :cry: :mrgreen:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

eric snookes
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eric snookes » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Cheers for the welcome.

I am a Wanderer by birth and will be forever.

Bolton born and bred, season ticket holder since early 80's....it has all obviously had an effect!

See you around

Eric
You think it's bad now

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:51 pm

For those who do not know who the 'real' Eric Snookes is - unless it is actually you Eric!

Replaced Ray Deakin as the Bolton left back as 1984 was in its early stages. Snookes had been a firm favourite with local rivals Rochdale but could only muster half a dozen games with the Wanderers before dropping out of league football for good.

Signed From: Rochdale, July 1983, Free Transfer

Sold To: Macclesfield Town, May 1984, Free Transfer

Bolton Debut: 14th January 1984 versus Wimbledon (A), Division 3

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s474/s ... <A%20NAME=

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:02 pm

welcome son

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:59 pm

Dujon wrote:S'all right, Monty. How can we disbelieve someone who puts the two of us (both furriners) into starring rôles in his novel? :wink:

No offence taken, SOTWA. As a matter of interest and nothing to do with welcoming eric - you'll get used to hi-jacked threads, eric - my late father-in-law was in the RAAF during WWII. He was a fighter pilot (mainly spitfires). At one stage he was seconded to Scapa Flow to train pilots. On return to Australia and the cessation of hostilities in the Pacific he was demobbed and returned to civilian life. On ANZAC Day (look it up if you're not sure what that is) the returned servicemen and women march through the city streets under their original divisions/ships banners. Because he'd not been regularly attached to a particular Australian group he marched with others in the same predicament. Their group name? The Odd Bods.
I know he was kidding, Deadeye, as was I. I have a new high-powered Australian female boss (which is all a bit stressful). She has a very odd turn of phrase which puzzles us - at one meeting she said "I feel like a shag on a rock" for example which took a while to get around. She also baked and made us eat "ANZAC cookies" explaining their significance at great length. I finally understood some of the difficulties of the Gallipoli campaign.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:12 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I finally understood some of the difficulties of the Gallipoli campaign.
Yes, Monty, it's hard to communicate properly with a mouth full of broken teeth. I hope you managed to secrete yours in a handy pocket when no one was looking. Incidentally, 'biscuits' not 'cookies' - just a bit more education for you.

I'll shut up now lest this turn into a dicsussion on local idiom and idiosyncrasies.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:55 pm

After all that Commonwealth interchange, welcome Eric. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?