Aberdeen Fan

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Aberdeen Fan

Post by fatshaft » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi all, got the fanzine outside the ground today.

I'm a Dons fan now exiled in England, and after two years of picking up the dregs of tickets, I splashed out on season tickets for myself and the two young uns, and managed to pick up pretty good seats in the Lower West Stand :D

And we start it all with a fantastic home win, although bloody Stelios on the bench, that got my Telegraph fantasy team off to a flier ! :(

Anyway, read a bit of the mag, looks good, keep it up guys.

Anywhere we can get the first edition from?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Aberdeen Fan

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:58 pm

fatshaft wrote:Hi all, got the fanzine outside the ground today.

I'm a Dons fan now exiled in England, and after two years of picking up the dregs of tickets, I splashed out on season tickets for myself and the two young uns, and managed to pick up pretty good seats in the Lower West Stand :D

And we start it all with a fantastic home win, although bloody Stelios on the bench, that got my Telegraph fantasy team off to a flier ! :(

Anyway, read a bit of the mag, looks good, keep it up guys.

Anywhere we can get the first edition from?
Welcome erm fatshaft, hope you enjoyed the fanzine, not bad for bugger all eh :D

I’m with you on Stelios, he was quite expensive in the Premiership fantasy league (which you can still join in the predictions forum) alongside Nolan as well. Oh well, there is more to come from the pair I'm sure. Welcome to the site mate, I hope you find a home here.

Should you have any questions about the site, avatars, sigs, Images or anything else please just ask. As for the fanzine’s first edition, I would ask 50s Quiff or Keveh who I am sure could help you out there.

Put kettle on, get comfy, and post yaself daft :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm sure Bench has the orginal Word document still on his computer...! :roll:

Welcome fatshaft (are you a golfer? In fact, are you Paul Lawrie - a Wilson Fatshaft user from Aberdeen.?) I reckon there's about a 750/1500 chance you got your fanzine from me!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:20 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I'm sure Bench has the orginal Word document still on his computer...! :roll:

Welcome fatshaft (are you a golfer? In fact, are you Paul Lawrie - a Wilson Fatshaft user from Aberdeen.?) I reckon there's about a 750/1500 chance you got your fanzine from me!
:roll:
1/2 mummy, it's 1 in 2.. :mrgreen:

Welcome fatshaft!!

Don't be shy jump right in! Enjoy. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:41 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I'm sure Bench has the orginal Word document still on his computer...! :roll:

I am a golfer, although got rid of the fatshaft this season, much for the better of my game it has to be said, now on a Fusion FT3. Nearest I came to Paul Lawrie was in his original assistant pro job at Banchory when he was 17, I was testing some clubs and he was guiding me through them. He's no salesman :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:28 pm

fatshaft wrote:I am a golfer, although got rid of the fatshaft this season, much for the better of my game it has to be said, now on a Fusion FT3. Nearest I came to Paul Lawrie was in his original assistant pro job at Banchory when he was 17, I was testing some clubs and he was guiding me through them. He's no salesman :mrgreen:
Yeah I've read that before actually - that he had no amateur career because he turned pro at 17. Now I think about it, I think he ditched the Fatshafts for Callaways a while back.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:32 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Yeah I've read that before actually - that he had no amateur career because he turned pro at 17. Now I think about it, I think he ditched the Fatshafts for Callaways a while back.
that's right, he was completely unknow as an amatuer even in Aberdeenshire, I believe he played off 4 (not plus 4!) when he turned assistant pro, apparently the highest handicap you can have before they let you try for your pro exams, and he just worked and worked and got his game in shape, quite an effort really.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:25 pm

And fair play he went from lousy shop assistant to major Champion..
Plenty better richer more high profile displayers of dodgy fashion will never have that on their CV..
and although he din't set the heather on fire since, he didn't sink without trace like a lot thought he would..

Be nice if Donald could tame the Tiger tonight..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:34 pm

fatshaft wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
that's right, he was completely unknow as an amatuer even in Aberdeenshire, I believe he played off 4 (not plus 4!) when he turned assistant pro, apparently the highest handicap you can have before they let you try for your pro exams, and he just worked and worked and got his game in shape, quite an effort really.
He didn't play to four when he won the Open.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:57 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Welcome fatshaft!!

Don't be shy jump right in! Enjoy. :D
....and 2000 posts later he wishes he'd bitten his tongue :wink: