Hello

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Hello

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:35 pm

I'm a guy from Barcelona. Obviously I'm a Barça fan since I was a small kid. However, for some weird reasons, Bolton is the team I follow most in the EPL. Even though you have had a bit too many former Real Madrid players soiling your shirt, but nothing is perfect.

I found this board quite recently, and after lurking for some weeks I decided to step in.

I :pray: Kevin Davies. Heck, I'm even thinking of having his name put on this season's Barça shirt.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:42 pm

Welcome village idiot. You'll feel right at home here. We have several village's idiots. :D

Barca is my favorite Spanish team. I dont like Real, love the football, and love the politics. Glad to see you like our kev, he's a favorite of a lot of posters on here.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Welcome, V.I. You have excellent English. There are people here who love SKD so you will be amongst friends. I assume the reason you follow BWFC is so weird that you don't know what it is. We like(d) our former Real players though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:44 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I'm a guy from Barcelona. Obviously I'm a Barça fan since I was a small kid. However, for some weird reasons, Bolton is the team I follow most in the EPL. Even though you have had a bit too many former Real Madrid players soiling your shirt, but nothing is perfect.

I found this board quite recently, and after lurking for some weeks I decided to step in.

I :pray: Kevin Davies. Heck, I'm even thinking of having his name put on this season's Barça shirt.
Would that be why your known as the 'Village Idiot' :D

Welcome aboard Mr Idiot, I hope you like it here. You've picked the right team!

P.S Kevin Davies is far to good for Barca :wink:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:03 pm

Well my reasons for liking Bolton are two. First, is that I respect small teams a lot. You know, us who follow a big team have it easy. We'll win more often than not, and we'll cry like spoiled pansies if we only reach a UEFA spot. It takes a lot of devotion and loyalty to follow a team like Bolton who's not built around a big heap of money. That's why I respect fans of teams like yours so much. You've come quite a long way to reach where you are now.

Now, why I specifically follow Bolton. Well, it all begun 3 years ago when I entered a Fantasy League with some friends, and ended with 3 Bolton players on my team (it was a drafted Fantasy league, so you had to pick players in turns and only one "copy" could be owned by any player). Kevin Davies was of course one of them. That made me begin to follow your team a lot and I begun to develop my symphaty for you. I found myself reading the full match reports on the net to see how did you fare, and even begun to follow them "live" via online commentaries. I have tried to watch games on the net, but I have failed to get the streaming thing to work so far. Afterwards I've watched highlights of the games and so, just not the games themselves.

Of course, Bolton finished eight that season, and I ended winning that Fantasy League. I have always picked Kevin Davies in any Fantasy League I entered after that season :pray:

It may be a stupid reason, but I've followed casually the EPL for many years and I had never cared much about who won and lost until I "discovered" Bolton :D

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Well, you are definitely a breath of fresh air!

I'm used to hearing anybody outside of England (and most of them in it) calling us crap, boring and any plenty on top of that. It's good to see that somebody has made their own mind up about us, instead of believing what is being force fed to them by the media.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Hola, idiota de poble!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:43 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Hola, idiota de poble!
:shock:

:D

Good one! In Catalan, even!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Hola, idiota de poble!
:shock:

:D

Good one! In Catalan, even!
Well, I'd have looked a plum doing it in Castillian, wouldn't I?

(Quick confessional link - http://www.translendium.com/)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 pm

Welcome friend, although I suspect you are anything but an idiot. You'll be fine here. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:26 am

Village Idiot wrote: I found myself reading the full match reports on the net to see how did you fare, and even begun to follow them "live" via online commentaries. I have tried to watch games on the net, but I have failed to get the streaming thing to work so far. Afterwards I've watched highlights of the games and so, just not the games themselves.
use TVAnts downloaded from google its in chinese but u can translate it:) u find most Bolton matches come on it sometimes but if you can't you could allways go on livefootie.com & pay sumit like 4.95 GBP & you can download software to watch them it is pretty cool

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:50 am

Hola! Hola! :D
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:58 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Hola! Hola! :D
Watch it Hoss. We ain't talking Andalusia here. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:17 am

Welcome. Good result for your other team last night, that Ronaldinho goal made me think of SKD (Super Kevin Davies) himself!

DSB

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:12 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Hola! Hola! :D
our own village idiot. :wink:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome, V.I. You have excellent English. There are people here who love SKD so you will be amongst friends. I assume the reason you follow BWFC is so weird that you don't know what it is. We like(d) our former Real players though.
better then me! :hang: & one for fun :davies:

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:26 pm

Thanks everybody for the warm welcoming, I believe I will spend a great time in this place.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Your English is unbelieveably good, I got a C at GCSE in French but I'd have no chance with it now!

Went to see Barca in January against Bilbao, the one when Eto'o was sent off for spitting in the lad's face, finished 2-1 to Barca IIRC - tremendous experience, and I'm certainly planning on going again sometime soon to join the chapel of Godjohnsen :pray:
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Hello

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:16 am

Village Idiot wrote:I'm a guy from Barcelona. Obviously I'm a Barça fan since I was a small kid. However, for some weird reasons, Bolton is the team I follow most in the EPL. Even though you have had a bit too many former Real Madrid players soiling your shirt, but nothing is perfect.

It'll happen in time my friend, Davo at Barca, just you watch. :)
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:46 am

Bienvenido al foro amigo!

Soy de Chile! :D

Alguien que habla español!

jajaja

Muchos saludos y al igual que tu, no sé por qué me gusta BWFC... pero me gusta, y mucho... es algo "inexplicable"

Que estes bién...

Greets ;)
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.