HELLO AGAIN

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

HELLO AGAIN

Post by Mansell Way » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi, I'm Mansell Way, I had an account a while back, but it deactivated due to inactivity and I wasn't able to re-activate it because my old e-mail address was shut down.

More about me then, I've been a Wanderer all my life but only started going to games about 4 years ago, and since the start of last season I've only missed 3 home games due to being on holiday and I have travelled away as far as Newcastle twice, Sunderland, West Brom and most recently Sheff United plus a few local derbys now and again. I'm located in the South stand near the drums, but I'm sometimes dotted all over the ground as I don't have a season ticket.

Earliest Bolton memory was not too long ago, it was the first season at the Reebok I think it was against Manchester City, I remember I was sat in the West/East upper and we won 1-0 I think it was Mark Fish who scored.

My all time favorites are Gudni Bergsson and Per Frandsen and possibly Mixu Pattelainen although I never saw Mixu live.

Current Favorites are Campo Davies and Gardner, but being a goalkeeper my hero is of course Jussi Jaaskelainen.

My favorite chant is born to be a Wanderer, what a classic

P.S I am very tempted by the Super John shirt, good work TW producers 8)
Last edited by Mansell Way on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:23 pm

Welcome, Mansell - it's forty years or more since I lived in Horwich and can't remember Mansell Way

Edit: Okay, I've looked it up - I don't think it existed forty years ago. It would have been part of de Havilland's or something.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 pm

wilkommen, bienvenu

you may have given away a bit too much about yourself to stand a chance of being able to air an opinion without certain posters declaring that you are a "jonny come-lately".

Anyway ignore the nobs and dive back in.

commie
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:14 pm

Welcome Mansell. Lucky bastard living so close to the Reebok.

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mansell Way » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 pm

I don't live on Mansell Way unfortunately. I live in a scummy town called Great Lever on the other side of Bolton. "The dark side" as we call it. I doubt many of TW folk will be from round there as most of us can't afford a computer. :D

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm

LOL The Levers are held in high regard by some on here. But i think that's all about a horse, and a chippee fascination. (you'll get it later)

Still closer than I am mate!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:06 pm

Welcome (back) chum. Fire away!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:33 am

Hello and welcome!

Isn't the Mansell Way a driving technique whereby you're very, very fast but sadly incredibly moustachioed? :conf:
Dive in, fasten your safety belt and enjoy the ride.
americantrotter wrote:LOL The Levers are held in high regard by some on here. But i think that's all about a horse, and a chippee fascination.
To clarify: Not all the Levers - Only Little Lever. Chip Paradise. :wink:
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:55 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Isn't the Mansell Way a driving technique whereby you're very, very fast but sadly incredibly moustachioed?
And, IIRC, too fat to fit in the cockpit, or whatever the driving seat's called when your job is to go round in circles and shag tall blonde women...

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Hello Mansell Way, I hope you enjoy and look forward to tramping down you in a week!

Gertsx

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:28 pm

Gertie wrote:Hello Mansell Way,I hope you enjoy and look forward to tramping down you in a week!

Gertsx
bloody hell, 2 years I've spent trying to get you to do that to and he's been he just a few minuets and you're throwing yourself at him!!!! :evil:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house