Does anybody else feel the same way?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Does anybody else feel the same way?

Post by warthog » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:11 pm

NumptyNumbNuts wrote:Hi new member here, not gonna say too much cos I'll never stop.

Bin a trotter since early 70's & this is the first season I aint had a season ticket since before Rioch (I really miss that football). Anyhow, only been to Spurs & Watford at home and Blackburn away so far & it doesn't look like I'm missing much.

The really sad thing is I don't miss it. I don't wake up on a Saturday morning now wishing I was going to the match. The reason is I just don't like the style of football anymore. It may be effective but it isn't enjoyable (IMO)

I yearn for the halcyon days of the Rioch era & 4-4-2, ball on the deck, pass & move. Look don't get me wrong, Sam's done a great job & we are now a recognised prem team. But it aint for me!

I would give up the prem tomorrow (honest) up for more entertaining footie in the Championship.

Bet I sound like a right old misery bleating doom & gloom don't I?

Regards,
NumptyNumbNuts
It's easy to get depressed watching the shite that Bolton are putting on at the moment, but the Championship? No thanks.

A lot of rose tinted memories about the Rioch era as well (not just from you). The football wasn't always good by any means. I for one got sick of the patronising 'plucky Bolton, don't deserve to go down' comments in the 97-98 season.

The Premiership is the only place to be these days, but if we don't sort our attacking play out, then Bolton's time there is limited.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi NumptyNumbNuts,

If that's how you feel then fair play for sticking to your guns and following your instincts... I guess I'm more in the other camp that is results rather than show, but I appreciate your point of view. I dunno if this is kind of building time where we have to dig in and grind out the results to earn the money, to buy the players, to help us perform again, as Youri's don't go on trees (pity). There's some new faces in there and some old faces who have gone so it's bedding together time. (plus people who have been there for ages and ages and should know what they're doing).

Anyways, all down to individuals so I hope you have fun here all the same.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

NumptyNumbNuts
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NumptyNumbNuts » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:47 pm

:D Thanks for all the welcome aboard messages! :D

However, I don't think its just the Whites who are playing dull, boring footie (so i'm not just attacking Sam cos I still think he's done an amazing job) It's just that I don't like it & I think other genuine 'footie' fans are also getting fed up with it.

It can't be a coincidence that attendances are now declining for the first time since the Prem started. And TBH with the exception of the following who I think try to play the right way:

Scum
Arse
Reading (yeah I like Reading)
Wiggin (no, I don't like Wiggin)
Pompey
L'pool (occasionally)

I can't think of many other teams that play entertaining football & that includes WHU who everybody automatically assumes play good stuff, but they don't.

There's too much of the fear factor in football now, which stops managers from allowing teams to express themselves. Funnily enough most of the above manages are the more experienced & older managers in the league. so what does that mean? fooked if i know. :?