Hi Everybody

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi Everybody

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Everybody,

Been reading the site for a few weeks now. Decided to register when I saw all your pictures in the photos thread and realised that I sit directly 2 rows behind Batman (I am now his official stalker!!).

Will probably read more than I post but just thought I would say hi. Also got really bored with the other (BB) forum as not much happens there - am I allowed to mention that place round here??

Really impressed with this site, loads of people on it and some excellent & hilarious threads, have had many a tea spitting moment sat at my desk.

Cheers guys, RW.
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:42 pm

Welcome.

Theres no escape now :twisted:

I fell into the trap reading the articles then got involved, now its like an addiction and I cannot escape!!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 pm

Hello RW.
Don't be shy, jump in! The water's love-er-ly. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Just one thing:

** WARNING: Dumb-ass alert **

I know sweet FA about computers and want to add an avatar. It says on my profile to enter the URL address of the picture I want to use. What the hell does that mean??
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:59 pm

Radcliffe Wanderer wrote:Just one thing:

** WARNING: Dumb-ass alert **

I know sweet FA about computers and want to add an avatar. It says on my profile to enter the URL address of the picture I want to use. What the hell does that mean??
Welcome, Bienvenue, Wilkommen!

You need to enter the address of an image hosted on the web somewhere. If you want to have an image of your own you will probably need to upload it to an image hosting website - e.g. http://www.imageshack.us - then follow the instructions on there, then copy the URL it returns (the last in the list in the case of imageshack) into the appropriate text field in your profile.

It's a doddle really.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks LGM,

Tried doing that, thought I had got somewhere with image shack but my profile says that the URL is not valid.

Never mind. Will keep trying.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:27 pm

No you can't mention that dustbowl of a site! There are a number of exiles here, we escaped in the great migration of 2005.

Sorry that you have to sit near Batman.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi Doctor Nick!! :D

Welcome tu site. If you are having any avatar/sig problems just PM me and I'll sort it your you. If your having PM problems speak to Crazy Horse, if your having Crazy Horse problems....

You know how the rest of us feel!! :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi RW! Welcome, you'll like it here.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Cheers guys

Managed to sort it out as you have probably noticed, sorry for mentioning BB (oops, just done it again) recognised a few people on here from it.

Sitting near Batman is not so bad once you get used to the smell :D (sorry Batty) I will probably let on at Saturday's game now.

To let you know a bit:

Been following the Wanderers for 12 years or so now.
Best moment(s): walking away with the first division in 96/97, beating Spurs 6-1 in the same year, the 2 play-off final wins, watching the lads in Europe
Worst moment(s): the 0-6 hammering to Utd in our first Prem season, getting relegated that year, losing to Tranmere in the league cup semis, losing the league cup final twice
Favourite players: Youri Djorkaeff, Gudni Bergsson
Most embarrasing moment: Thinking Robert Fleck was the answer to our striking problems all those years ago :oops:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:48 pm

Welcome RW

You can mention the other sites, most of us pop over there occasionally. Well those that didnt leave for a reason anyhow.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi RW and welcome. If you read SOTWA's sig you'll see it is permissible to mention that other site - some people here like Sluffy and Warty even post on both. However, Sluffy, who is really very nice, often gets into terrible trouble there. Have fun.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Hi RW and welcome. If you read SOTWA's sig you'll see it is permissible to mention that other site - some people here like Sluffy and Warty even post on both. However, Sluffy, who is really very nice, often gets into terrible trouble there. Have fun.
I'm really nice. Sluffy is a cyber hooligan.

Welcome to site RW. Are you folks in Radcliffe still setting people in bus shelters alight?

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:38 pm

I'm afraid so Warty. Although ask anyone from Radcliffe and they will say it happened in Bury (outside Derby high).

Mind you, when anything bad happens in Radcliffe (which is fairly regularly), I say I live in Ainsworth. Or Bradley Fold. Or Little Lever.

Some parts of Radcliffe are worse than others. The bit where I am isn't too bad really (touch wood) although it's just on the outskirts.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Hello Radcliffe and welcome to the site the perfect place for a mass debate on all things!!

My bestest ever friend hailed from Radcliffe, we had a few dodgy nights at Radcliffe Boro fundraising events :oops: All fun though.

Hope you enjoy being around the mentalists here!!

Gertsx
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:56 pm

Gertie wrote:Hello Radcliffe and welcome to the site the perfect place for a mass debate on all things!!

My bestest ever friend hailed from Radcliffe, we had a few dodgy nights at Radcliffe Boro fundraising events :oops: All fun though.

Gertsx
Don't worry about Gertie, she always puts an 'S' in a word that doesn't need it!! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:54 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Gertie wrote:Hello Radcliffe and welcome to the site the perfect place for a mass debate on all things!!

Gertsx
Don't worry about Gertie, she always puts an 'S' in a word that doesn't need it!! :wink:
Come on, OTWA, give the girl a break. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Gertsx
And Gertie's secret identity is finally revealed!! :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Gertsx
And Gertie's secret identity is finally revealed!! :mrgreen:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Hello and welcome Radcliffe - hope you enjoy it here.

Did you post under a different user name on bb as I don't recall a RW posting over there?

Oh and as for the following comments - which I'm sure are both genuinely meant - only one of them is true. I'm sure you will make your own judgement in due course as to which one it is! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Sluffy, who is really very nice.....
warthog wrote:Sluffy is a cyber hooligan.