Hi Everybody

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:47 pm

Alright pal, glad to hear of a fellow ESL lad.

Come and say hello on Sat, no worries. Welcome to TW.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:33 pm

Cheers Batman,

I will be sure to say hi on Saturday.

Sluffy, I did post under a different name quite a while back on BB, but did not post very often.
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:42 pm

like everyone on there!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Radcliffe Wanderer wrote:

Sluffy, I did post under a different name quite a while back on BB, but did not post very often.
You are allowed to tell us what it was, RW, - inquiring minds may wish to know. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 pm

I posted as Rick the Wanderer, as I said not very often and only got to about 50-odd posts.
"That would have been a goal if the keeper hadn't saved it!" Kevin Keegan, circa 1998 World Cup.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Hallo RW. Glad you like the articles, and there's nothing to stop you joining the band and posting a couple. TW lives on its quality and diversity of topic: Except when Crazy Horse posts of course; then it's usually about Little Lever and its wonderful chippy's! :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:53 pm

Well I am with Crazy Horse on that one, Tango.

Little Lever does have some great chippys. Well one in particular that I really like.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hallo RW. Glad you like the articles, and there's nothing to stop you joining the band and posting a couple. TW lives on its quality and diversity of topic: Except when Crazy Horse posts of course; then it's usually about Little Lever and its wonderful chippy's! :mrgreen:
Now that's a horrible thing to say about a felow poster TANGO!! Just horrible!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! :evil:

Vote SOTWA
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hallo RW. Glad you like the articles, and there's nothing to stop you joining the band and posting a couple. TW lives on its quality and diversity of topic: Except when Crazy Horse posts of course; then it's usually about Little Lever and its wonderful chippy's! :mrgreen:
wonderful chippy's what??? :shock:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Radcliffe Wanderer wrote:I posted as Rick the Wanderer, as I said not very often and only got to about 50-odd posts.
Ah, mostly after my time - your avatar here is sexier. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:56 pm

Radcliffe Wanderer wrote:I posted as Rick the Wanderer, as I said not very often and only got to about 50-odd posts.
Ah, Rick - yes I remember you. Hope Harvie Bunny is well.

There are a number of former bb-ers on here - Monty and I have not changed our names but the likes of Simon Rudge, OTTI, Hermione, and Jebus to name just a few are here under different names - see if you can guess who they are!

As for posting - feel free to join in as and when you want or not - whatever the case may be - but glad to have you on board either way.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Knightley looks like a 15yr old boy.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Batman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
A fifteen year-old boy isd still sexier than a girder in the Reebok roof, Batty old Chap. Not to me of course

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:09 am

:mrgreen:
And the vote swingometer nudges a little bit towards SOTWA....
Businesswoman of the year.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:49 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Batman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
A fifteen year-old boy isd still sexier than a girder in the Reebok roof, Batty old Chap. Not to me of course

It may be because I am hungover, but I don't see the link there

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Batman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Batman wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

It may be because I am hungover, but I don't see the link there
Ah, sorry. RW's avatar, in his earlier incarnation on BB, was a Reebok girder.

Radcliffe Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Radcliffe Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Not been around for a few days. My work means that I can be out of the office for 2/3 days at a time which means I can't post.

Good to meet Batman in person before Saturday's game.

Sluffy, I am surprised you remember me from BB, especially HB - she was really surprised.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:27 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Old chestnut: A "Chippie" is a joiners nickname. A chippy, a chip shop. Neither are Queens English but slang, so I'll stick with a plural "chippy's". Ayeee thank you. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Old chestnut: A "Chippie" is a joiners nickname. A chippy, a chip shop. Neither are Queens English but slang, so I'll stick with a plural "chippy's". Ayeee thank you. :mrgreen:
That is not a plural, Tango, it's a possessive - and I expect commie had another slang meaning in mind, as in:
chippie
Cheap, common, sexually promiscuous girl, wearing way too much makeup and shiny cheap jewelry, usually underage or close to it.

or:
Chippy
a female prostitute, especially a young and inexpensive one

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fid=805127

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
That is not a plural, Tango, it's a possessive - and I expect commie had another slang meaning in mind, as in:
chippie
Cheap, common, sexually promiscuous girl, wearing way too much makeup and shiny cheap jewelry, usually underage or close to it.

or:
Chippy
a female prostitute, especially a young and inexpensive one

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fid=805127
Mmmm no, sorry Monty. I'm pretty sure the word 'crack' would have come in somewere in Commie's reply. :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!