How many posts are needed before you are upgraded

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 am

Might be worth jigging around the numbers, just so we can get Jussi in. The man is a legend of the Bok. Also, as post counts are guaranteed to increase for every user, could we reset the bars? i.e. put lofty at 25k, one at 20k, one at 15k, one at 10k etc.

If someone can reach 10,000 posts and only be classed dedicated, that IS dedication. And people who reach 25k are truly immortal.

Although to be fair, if we debated this long enough we could have list of players as long as my arm* who could merit a place on the prized TW post-counter.

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am

Verbal wrote:Might be worth jigging around the numbers, just so we can get Jussi in. The man is a legend of the Bok. Also, as post counts are guaranteed to increase for every user, could we reset the bars? i.e. put lofty at 25k, one at 20k, one at 15k, one at 10k etc.

If someone can reach 10,000 posts and only be classed dedicated, that IS dedication. And people who reach 25k are truly immortal.

Although to be fair, if we debated this long enough we could have list of players as long as my arm* who could merit a place on the prized TW post-counter.

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
Could you take your long arms and fxxk right off? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:Might be worth jigging around the numbers, just so we can get Jussi in. The man is a legend of the Bok. Also, as post counts are guaranteed to increase for every user, could we reset the bars? i.e. put lofty at 25k, one at 20k, one at 15k, one at 10k etc.

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
:D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
But think about it Mr Dancer, once you do reach 25k, and at first glance you seem to favourite to get there first, think of the exclusivity, you and you alone as Mr Bolton Wanderers. None of this modern day knighthood scattergun everyone is immortal approach, just you, Mr TW :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:57 pm

It seems to me we can get carried away with bean counting - the Batty factor. It is not the number of posts that matters but rather the quality I would have thought.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:It seems to me we can get carried away with bean counting - the Batty factor. It is not the number of posts that matters but rather the quality I would have thought.
You are hereby appointed as post quality adjudicator. Report back with your findings in one month.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 pm

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
Prufrock wrote:
Ah but Jussi already has his own special category
You are running the risk of making a Gertrude shaped enemy squire. Don't take her Jussi away :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:16 pm

warthog wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:It seems to me we can get carried away with bean counting - the Batty factor. It is not the number of posts that matters but rather the quality I would have thought.
You are hereby appointed as post quality adjudicator. Report back with your findings in one month.
Ah, but that would make it a competition again and I was trying to get away from that and anyway, I don't have the Latin for the judging.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
Make yerself useful and get your long arms to the bar young man :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:

But think about it Mr Dancer, once you do reach 25k, and at first glance you seem to favourite to get there first, think of the exclusivity, you and you alone as Mr Bolton Wanderers. None of this modern day knighthood scattergun everyone is immortal approach, just you, Mr TW :mrgreen:
I am quite happy to be ordinary Tangodancer with my Nat Lofthouse icon if it's all the same to you thank you. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I am quite happy to be ordinary Tangodancer with my Nat Lofthouse icon if it's all the same to you thank you. :wink:
Pffft no ambition....maybe you are Mr Bolton :)

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

*I have long arms.

Cheers.
Make yerself useful and get your long arms to the bar young man :wink:
Surely you must have the wingspan of a Boeing 747? :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: I don't have the Latin for the judging.
Censura/Sentio? Something like that, I think. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: I don't have the Latin for the judging.
Censura/Sentio? Something like that, I think. :conf:
Well, I was thinking of Peter Cook actually - my guess however would be judex as in Nemo judex in sua causa

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:33 am

Can we have a status for people from other clubs, like a picture of boris johnson or something - the 'unwelcome' :wink:

On a Wanderers note the promising/JOB category probably needs some reviewing as well as Nolan

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:38 am

officer_dibble wrote:Can we have a status for people from other clubs, like a picture of boris johnson or something - the 'unwelcome' :wink:

On a Wanderers note the promising/JOB category probably needs some reviewing as well as Nolan
I will suggest Mark Davies.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:46 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Can we have a status for people from other clubs, like a picture of boris johnson or something - the 'unwelcome' :wink:

Nolan's gone, sunshine :)

promising...well, see what happens when he is back. If no, then either SMD, Basham or Temitope.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Re:

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last time I looked it were thusly:

Hopeful - 0 - Joey OB
Promising - 250 - Cahill
Reliable - 500 - AOB
Dedicated - 1000 - Nolan
Passionate - 2000 - Davies
Icon - 4000 - McGinlay
Legend - 6000 - Worthington
Immortal - 10000 - Lofthouse
Are these going to change in the future? I wouldn't count JoB as Hopeful anymore, or AoB as reliable....
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: How many posts are needed before you are upgraded

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:34 pm

What's all this 'friend and foe' business?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re:

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last time I looked it were thusly:

Hopeful - 0 - Joey OB
Promising - 250 - Cahill
Reliable - 500 - AOB
Dedicated - 1000 - Nolan
Passionate - 2000 - Davies
Icon - 4000 - McGinlay
Legend - 6000 - Worthington
Immortal - 10000 - Lofthouse
Are these going to change in the future? I wouldn't count JoB as Hopeful anymore, or AoB as reliable....
Not a bad shout. First four might all need changing. Suggestions?

Hopeful - Tom Eaves
Promising - Holden
Reliable - Muamba
Dedicated - Er, Ricardo Gardner? Jaaskelainen?