Tango's Ban

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 pm

It's only the internet.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

blurred wrote:It's only the internet.
Precicely, which is why I feel this is all so silly. As I said in my first post, they had a bang at one another, sorted it out, its over.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 pm

How strange

Possibly the biggest shock of the season!

Hopefully, he'll be back soon, posting and doing some of his little imagey things

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:44 pm

blurred wrote:It's only the internet.
So actually quite important then, yeah?
Businesswoman of the year.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:22 pm

From what I've read of TANGO's postings he's a good bloke, has a decent sense of humour and (although I cannot prove it) I sometimes get the impression that he is not averse to playing Devil's Advocate when the mood strikes him.

He has also taken an awful lot of stick for his views over a long period of time. Whilst he has been castigated for his outlook on life and football at times - sometimes not in the most pleasant of manners - he seems to have kept his head screwed on the right way around and has rarely come anywhere near the line of demarcation between an angry response and an 'over the top' tirade.

I didn't see his post which precipitated all this kerfuffle and have no interest in knowing what it was. We all have our own level of tolerance, a level which can fluctuate from day-to-day and even from hour-to-hour depending on our mood, personal problems, work pressures and so on - even our level of alcohol intake.

TANGO has taken the attitude that what he typed was inappropriate and deserved a week's ban. So be it. Perhaps he would have received that penalty anyway, perhaps not, I don't know. Regardless of the whys and wherefores of the case I think that his rather public announcement of his perceived sin should perhaps remind all of us that whilst we can all hide behind our Internet persona we cannot hide from ourselves.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Looks like he slotted back in last night without anyone really noticing!

Welcome back TANGODANCER :pray:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 pm

jaffka wrote:Looks like he slotted back in last night without anyone really noticing!

Thanks for the welcome, but no one need notice anything. Had a week off is all. Just business as usual now. :wink:
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
jaffka wrote:Looks like he slotted back in last night without anyone really noticing!

Thanks for the welcome, but no one need notice anything. Had a week of is all. Just business as usual now. :wink:
of course :wink: