Stuff staying red.

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:07 am

jimbo wrote:Mine has been refusing to remember me whenever I return to the forum no matter how many times I click the little box saying 'log me in automatically'. Can't say it's seriously detracting from my life though. I blame aliens.
jimbo, I had that problem and it took me a while to work out. I was logging on at the main page (i.e. not the forum). It worked, but only for the session. Next time I arrived I had to log in again. I found that if I logged in at the forum instead it stuck. Presumably it's something to do with the site cookies. If you've already tried that and it's not working then I have no suggestion.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:49 am

Dujon wrote:
jimbo wrote:Mine has been refusing to remember me whenever I return to the forum no matter how many times I click the little box saying 'log me in automatically'. Can't say it's seriously detracting from my life though. I blame aliens.
jimbo, I had that problem and it took me a while to work out. I was logging on at the main page (i.e. not the forum). It worked, but only for the session. Next time I arrived I had to log in again. I found that if I logged in at the forum instead it stuck. Presumably it's something to do with the site cookies. If you've already tried that and it's not working then I have no suggestion.
I had the same prob, but figured that out mesen. I bookmarked forum page, instead of home page, all sorted. Must be said, ta to keveh, so far your advice has sorted it. Little nagging thing, but glad its (so far) sorted. Cheers pot.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.