Cleaning Up

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:45 pm

americantrotter wrote:I'll lose posts. I checked out my first real post. I was shocked at SAMHATER going after Sam. Some of those threads show how truly thin we were back in the day. fadiga was 1st of the bench. :|
That made me look up my first post (May 2006) - funnily enough on a summer transfer wishlist - and bw@bw said:
I've come to the conclusion that we are usually wrong about new signings.

Mostly the fans tend to look down on our new signings and say Who? Why?

Not very often do we get excited about a new signing. And when we do, we end up disappointed

So I would like us to have a few more nonentities from nowhere.

Like TBH, like Faye - but not like Oscar Perez
Plus ça change! :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Won't be sorry to lose my first post. I was called "Meatpieandchips" :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Won't be sorry to lose my first post. I was called "Meatpieandchips" :(
Yes, I remember the ultimately successful attempts to bury that eponym. :D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Won't be sorry to lose my first post. I was called "Meatpieandchips" :(
Yes, I remember the ultimately successful attempts to bury that eponym. :D
Yes, it was very 606. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah, who in their right mind would have their forum name so tied in with food, eh? Mugs.....
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Yeah, who in their right mind would have their forum name so tied in with food, eh? Mugs.....
Shurely, though, yours is in homage to one of the most brilliantly odd of all Paddock chants? :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
americantrotter wrote:I'll lose posts. I checked out my first real post. I was shocked at SAMHATER going after Sam. Some of those threads show how truly thin we were back in the day. fadiga was 1st of the bench. :|
That made me look up my first post (May 2006) - funnily enough on a summer transfer wishlist - and bw@bw said:

Not very often do we get excited about a new signing. And when we do, we end up disappointed

I've just done the same. I never realised how less intelligent one can seem from a lack of proper punctuation and basic use of grammatical rules. I wrote a big long post entirely sans capital 'i's. It shouldn't matter, but it does. Started a four page debate about Megson, negativity, and Lisbon.

As you say, plus c'est la meme chose
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:

I've just done the same. I never realised how less intelligent one can seem from a lack of proper punctuation and basic use of grammatical rules. I wrote a big long post entirely sans capital 'i's. It shouldn't matter, but it does. Started a four page debate about Megson, negativity, and Lisbon.

Writing English without capitalizing the first person pronoun is almost as bad as writing French without the correct accents. :lmfao:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Writing English without capitalizing the first person pronoun is almost as bad as writing French without the correct accents. :lmfao:
I thought somebody would pick that up. I thought it would be you. :mrgreen:

I don't know how without copy and pasting, or using word. The only code I know is 'ctrl+alt+e' for é.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I thought somebody would pick that up. I thought it would be you. :mrgreen:

I don't know how without copy and pasting, or using word. The only code I know is 'ctrl+alt+e' for é.
Probably easier to use the extended ASCII character set - hold down the ALT key and type 130 on the number cluster for é. If you want ê it is ALT 136 - you can see the extended character set here. in the second table - use the decimal not the hex column. Have fun.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Neither this laptop, nor my old one, have a number cluster, and it doesn't work on the number keys across the top of the keyboard, so I'm stuck.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:20 pm

The joyous wonders of The-Wanderer, eh?!

Where was the last place that you saw mention of the French in a thread entitled Cleaning Up? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:Neither this laptop, nor my old one, have a number cluster, and it doesn't work on the number keys across the top of the keyboard, so I'm stuck.
Your laptop should have a virtual number key cluster on the M,J,K,L,U,I,O and 7,8,9 keys which you access with the FN key. Have a look and the numbers should be printed on the keys in blue or green...So for example to get Monty's é you should hold down ALT and FN and type J L M. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:56 pm

My old laptop did, but this one doesn't. I tried it anyway but didn't work. I don't even have a 'number lock', or the other lock that isn't capslock, not that I know what either do. Can't see any blue numbers. Hmmm.