Warthog

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Warthog

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:28 pm

There was some discussion recently about "whatever happened to Warty". Bruno bet he had been banned but this seemed unlikely to me as we have a policy of announcing bans in the rogue's gallery - these follow the pattern of warnings, temporary ban and permanent ban. I therefore assumed that Warty had got annoyed after an argument and left, as DSB suggested, to follow other more fulfilling and less expensive pursuits. I was sorry about this as I especially liked his "future wanderers" observations.

I was therefore very surprised to learn recently that Warthog had in fact been banned (whether permanently or not I am unsure). Further this was done without any warnings being issued or any announcement. I find this distressing (not least of which because Bruno was right and I was wrong) and wonder what exactly is going on. I would accept the fact that it may in extremis be necessary to instantly ban someone permanently, but I would at least expect some sort of explanations to members so we do not speculate foolishly (as I did).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Not being funny, but is the PM system broken?
Sto ut Serviam

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Without going too deeply into things, Warthog was a member of the admin team. Off the forums a rather serious disagreement took place and he left the site. Due to the nature of the fall-out a full ban followed. That's it. For the benefit of all it's better left at that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?