Posting a picture

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Posting a picture

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Well I was so flummoxed by having my cheetah kidnapped that I was forced to reload the image back into Dujon's shack, and hey presto I am restored.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:45 pm

I went to Dujon's shack too and now I'm back. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm

DSB and PencilBiter are still Missing In Action though.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I have absolutely no problems with anyone (I use Firefox and had to flush my cache yesterday for other reasons - when it fills up the BBC website does not display properly).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 am

Monty, if you try the link I posted earlier (TANGO's original avatar address) you'll get an error message indicating a corrupted image. His current avatar, as he's uploaded it again, is at a different address. Ergo, you must have been picking up a cached image from somewhere along the line - not necessarily from your own machine.

Purely as a matter of interest I'm going to change the file name of my own avatar. It's parked on my own web site so it's easy to do. Tomorrow morning I'll put it back to normal. If there's no caching going on the image should disappear.

Right, that's done. On my machine it disappeared as soon as I refreshed this page.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:47 am

Dujon wrote:Monty, if you try the link I posted earlier (TANGO's original avatar address) you'll get an error message indicating a corrupted image. His current avatar, as he's uploaded it again, is at a different address. Ergo, you must have been picking up a cached image from somewhere along the line - not necessarily from your own machine.

Purely as a matter of interest I'm going to change the file name of my own avatar. It's parked on my own web site so it's easy to do. Tomorrow morning I'll put it back to normal. If there's no caching going on the image should disappear.

Right, that's done. On my machine it disappeared as soon as I refreshed this page.
Okay, it disappeared like magic when I refreshed. The others have never disappeared though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 am

Ah well, I might as well put mine back to normal. Perhaps someone more well versed than am I on the intricacies of web caching might pop in and educate us all.