Batman

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Batman

Post by BwfcDan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Where art thou Batman... I miss his abuse of members :cry:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Batman

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:21 pm

BwfcDan wrote:Where art thou Batman... I miss his abuse of members :cry:
Batman was banned. Became his Brother, Bruno. Was banned.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Nothing to see here.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Batman was banned. Became his Brother, Bruno. Was banned.
... several times.

Dan, if you want abuse, just let me know, I can arrange it in bucket loads.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm

He still posts here fwiw, just under an alias. Seems to revel in the fact that "the clowns haven't detected my presence yet. Too busy with their gay winks and nods."

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Even if he were, what kind of nudge and winker have you shown yourself up to be? What you expecting, a peerage?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Even if he were, what kind of nudge and winker have you shown yourself up to be? What you expecting, a peerage?
Aha! A subjunctive, HRG - well done. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Firstly, I don't really care what people on a messageboard that I'll never meet think of me. Secondly, I was browsing BA and was simply amused by the smugness of that statement.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:10 am

Batman is posting 'normally' and regularly on Burnden Aces.

He does also continue to post on here but in a much more restrained way under an alias.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 am

sluffy wrote:

He does also continue to post on here but in a much more restrained way under an alias.
Must be hard on him, poor chap - too much restraint can't be good. However, it's good to see the occasional post from you, Sluffy.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:25 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:

Must be hard on him, poor chap - too much restraint can't be good. However, it's good to see the occasional post from you, Sluffy.
Thanks Monty!

We also have another poster over on BA whom I'm sure you remember from way back - non other than Mr Stinky the Frog!

He sends you his best wishes.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:12 pm

sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:

Thanks Monty!

We also have another poster over on BA whom I'm sure you remember from way back - non other than Mr Stinky the Frog!

Good to hear. Of course where Natasha surfaces, Stinky can't be far behind - you can keep a good frog down. :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:

Thanks Monty!

Good to hear. Of course where Natasha surfaces, Stinky can't be far behind - you can keep a good frog down. :wink:
Is that a spelling mistake, an in-joke, or some other horrific trans-atlantic mauling of a phrase, similar to the god-awful "I could care less"? The first two are forgiveable :grin:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

sluffy wrote:

Proof please, as that constitutes his breaking the rules of this site and would clock him up yet another ban here.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote: Batman is posting 'normally' and regularly on Burnden Aces.

Thanks Monty!

Is that a spelling mistake, an in-joke, or some other horrific trans-atlantic mauling of a phrase, similar to the god-awful "I could care less"? The first two are forgiveable :grin:
Spelling mistake. :oops: I meant you can't keep a good frog down, in reference to old Stinky the Frog.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: Must be hard on him, poor chap - too much restraint can't be good. However, it's good to see the occasional post from you, Sluffy.
Thanks Monty!

Spelling mistake. :oops: I meant you can't keep a good frog down, in reference to old Stinky the Frog.
No worries then, I thought it was another of those wonky American-isms like saying 'I could care less', which is clearly not what they mean. I hope that isn't the same in ol' Canadia ? :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
No worries then, I thought it was another of those wonky American-isms like saying 'I could care less', which is clearly not what they mean. I hope that isn't the same in ol' Canadia ? :D
We Canadians can generally understand Americanisms and, to a lesser extent, UK idioms thanks to television. However, we have our own Canadianisms, with regional variations. For example, in Montreal we close the lights as opposed to turning or switching them off. This is because the well-to-do English families often had Francophone nannies, nurses, etc. When speaking English these people would tend to say 'close the light' to the children, directly translating from the French expression.

'I could care less' is certainly current among the young and used more frequently than 'I couldn't care less" I suspect. Me? I'm a caring person so do not use either. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:58 pm

jmjhb wrote:He still posts here fwiw, just under an alias. Seems to revel in the fact that "the clowns haven't detected my presence yet. Too busy with their gay winks and nods."
Ah, well, you see, the "clowns" might have detected more than people think and, if people are behaving themselves, leave well alone. It's just disdainful remarks like that that show the reasons why people get banned in the first place.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
jmjhb wrote:He still posts here fwiw, just under an alias. Seems to revel in the fact that "the clowns haven't detected my presence yet. Too busy with their gay winks and nods."
Ah, well, you see, the "clowns" might have detected more than people think and, if people are behaving themselves, leave well alone. It's just disdainful remarks like that that show the reasons why people get banned in the first place.
The "clowns" also might have better things to worry about than someone acting like a kid and cunningly setting up a few different logins. Hardly on a scale of hacking the Bank of England is it. I'll just throw in a :wink: in for good measure.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm

I'll just mischievously point out that Tango's post is at odds with Ratbert's

:Jedi: