SITE UPGRADE

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:09 am

keveh wrote:I doubt it will even be down for the whole day, that's just to cover my back ;)

It should be a few hours at the most really.
Bugger - I'd gone an bought meself a West Ham kit and subscribed to KUMB for the day.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: SITE UPGRADE

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:33 am

Burnden Arses

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Actually today is the first time I've ever looked at BA and it don't seem to bad, mind you I ain't been in me old favourate "General Banter" yet :mrgreen:

Whoa! just found this little nugget fron Natasha!!

"A non-profit football forum shouldn't be about the number of threads or posts, it should be about quality. Look at The-Wanderer, probably the best Bolton forum in terms of quality writing".

Why did she get banned again?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 pm

it is alright really, but I thnk the grass is greener over here. i suppose its what & who you know. I joined a while back when it seemed the only threads being contributed to in here were about Politics and Cricket. must have a been close of season, but i was quickly bored of it. They were not talking about anything we were not already discussing on here, so seemed pointless making the same points in two different debates. The general banter side tho was really slow i found, sometimes days between replies. and also probably a little behind here in terms of topic - again pointless talking about the same film or xbox game as im already talking about on here. Probably just down to numbers tho tbf. The film thread for example, lacked any imagination, favourites listed were films like Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator, etc etc. movies everyone in the world has seen so there was little point people discussing them either, id offer up some alternative suggestions but very few members had seen or heard of them. infact, i was accused of being a film snob on there come to think of it! 8)

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:37 pm

The maintenance will be happening on the 4th of August between 12:01 and 4:00.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:27 pm

You bugger, that's exactly when Kaka's gonna sign, you know that?!?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:29 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:You bugger, that's exactly when Kaka's gonna sign, you know that?!?
I'm sure someone will be along to post the links - maybe from another BW site....

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:You bugger, that's exactly when Kaka's gonna sign, you know that?!?
I'm sure someone will be along to post the links - maybe from another BW site....
Kaka to sign for Bolton on 4th August at 2.00pm - read all about it at BA!

I find it incredible how one or two of you have reacted to a genuine offer of help!

BA is certainly not as big as here - but we are no longer that small either - in August to date we are averaging 375 posts per day and I don't think there is now any argument that we are one of the three big BWFC forum sites along with here and ww.

It is not like we are a secret or something - BA as been mention many times on here before by regulars to this forum just like ww and bb are!

And just like ww and bb, we have or own ‘style’.

When I worked behind the scenes on this site I used to argue that TW had nothing to fear from the likes of ww (who at that time was seen to be our deadly rival) because we both catered for different taste’s and that there wasn’t much chance that our members would want to jump to their site nor ww members wish to flock to here and therefore why the need to view each other suspiciously?

I don’t think anyone now as a problem with ww – nor they with here.

I’m of a similar view that most TW members would not particularly find BA to their taste nor BA members find TW the place of choice for them - therefore why the suspicion of my offer?

My offer was made honestly and openly – and I believe all but a few accepted it as such.

Oh and General – you are a film snob!

:mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I'll play along if only for a minute Sluffster.

Did it occur to you at any point, to make your offer via any of the mods or admins which would have probably been the courteous thing to do?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm

We're seriously considering charging you for advertising Sluffy. Let it lie.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'll play along if only for a minute Sluffster.

Did it occur to you at any point, to make your offer via any of the mods or admins which would have probably been the courteous thing to do?
For what reason - the offer is genuine - if the mods / admin didn't like it then it would have been removed.

The fact that it is still up a day later seems to suggest they had no problem with it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

sluffy wrote:

For what reason - the offer is genuine - if the mods / admin didn't like it then it would have been removed.

The fact that it is still up a day later seems to suggest they had no problem with it.
Because it's common courtesy.

As I suspect you well know.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:41 pm

If I go on BA that day and get banned, will the ban be in effect here as well?

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
sluffy wrote:

Soldier who owns the site didn't seem to have a problem with it (he thanked me for the offer!) - neither have Tango or Zulu (is Mof still about?).

If they are fine about it then I don’t see the problem?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 pm

sluffy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
sluffy wrote:

Soldier who owns the site didn't seem to have a problem with it (he thanked me for the offer!) - neither have Tango or Zulu (is Mof still about?).

I see you fail to understand courtesy, so after this go, I will bother no longer, trying to explain it to you. :roll:

Courtesy would be asking first, and when agreed, proceeding.

As you have no concept of this, I'll leave it be.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:09 pm

keveh wrote:The maintenance will be happening on the 4th of August between 12:01 and 4:00.
.... & back you go.

If you start one minute before 12.01 or resume 1 minute after 4pm then I shall sue. Plain & simple.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
keveh wrote:The maintenance will be happening on the 4th of August between 12:01 and 4:00.
.... & back you go.

If you start one minute before 12.01 or resume 1 minute after 4pm then I shall sue. Plain & simple.
That is the times given by the hosting company so please direct your solicitors to them please.

;)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm

sluffy wrote: Oh and General – you are a film snob!

No one who thinks Meet the Fockers is a good film is a film snob...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 pm

William the White wrote:
sluffy wrote: Oh and General – you are a film snob!

No one who thinks Meet the Fockers is a good film is a film snob...
My missus and the kids will be delighted. :mrgreen:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

sluffy wrote:Soldier who owns the site didn't seem to have a problem with it (he thanked me for the offer!) - neither have Tango or Zulu (is Mof still about?).

I'm afraid you've got that wrong there.

My name is on everything, but we have never seen it as an individuals site. It belongs to the members who contribute behind the scenes, write articles and make donations. This site wouldn't be what it is without the members, they make the site.

Also, just to say that I don't mind members of this site visiting other website at all. I'm well aware that people have accounts across all sites and each site offers a different option to the community.

So whilst the site is down for a few hours I'm sure they will find something to do and are well aware of WW and BA, they don't need it advertising to them.