SITE UPGRADE

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

SITE UPGRADE

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Just so you all know we will be moving servers soon which will mean an element of downtime.

The one day of downtime will mean no more sporadic periods of downtime.

I'm not sure exactly when this will happen, but if we disappear you know why.

Kev

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 pm

It's ok Kev, we all know it's really so you can run around the site naked..................again!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: SITE UPGRADE

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm

keveh wrote:Just so you all know we will be moving servers soon which will mean an element of downtime.

The one day of downtime will mean no more sporadic periods of downtime.

I'm not sure exactly when this will happen, but if we disappear you know why.

Kev
Well done, thanks for all the work you've done & will continue to do and best of luck.

Plus, way to go with "will" ... "should" would have more than sufficed. Now you've nailed your arm to the "will".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm

If it of any help BA would be very happy to play host to everyone (those not banned that is) for the day or so whilst TW is unavailable.

At least it gives everyone a meeting point.

Probably be able to set one of the mod team up as a mod for the day at BA as well if you want it.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm

fecking shameless

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Hahaha, I'd be embarrassed to post that!

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm

What's embarrassing?

A genuine offer of help - maybe one day you can return the favour.

I'm simply offering place where people would know other forum posters would be.

What's the alternative - everybody wandering around the net for a day or so kicking their heels until the site is back up again?

BA is well known by people on here - anyone wanting to become a regular on our site would have done so by now - so what's the problem?

If anybody has got long memories you should remember me making the same proposal for TW to host ww members when they were experiencing problems with their site.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 pm

There's a few types of posters on this site.

Some will happily be flitting from forum to forum anyway, and am sure will be flitting a bit more over the day or so this forum is off. Others might gently shake at lunchtime, and hug themselves in the corner of the room but ultimately be patient for a day or two. Others will shrug and carry on chuckling at the google earth pics of people caught shagging.

In the meantime enjoy hosting the posters you couldn't wait to get this forum to turf off, with Wenger-level hypocrisy. Ta-ta

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:31 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:There's a few types of posters on this site.

Some will happily be flitting from forum to forum anyway, and am sure will be flitting a bit more over the day or so this forum is off. Others might gently shake at lunchtime, and hug themselves in the corner of the room but ultimately be patient for a day or two. Others will shrug and carry on chuckling at the google earth pics of people caught shagging.

In the meantime enjoy hosting the posters you couldn't wait to get this forum to turf off, with Wenger-level hypocrisy. Ta-ta
Sorry, whatever it is you are telling me as gone right over my head - you've lost me.

I doubt that there are few on here that have not heard or visited BA by now. Anyone wanting to have joined us would have done so long before now. - those that don't - haven't.

I'm simply offering a place where people who like this site can meet and communicate with each other for a day or so whilst this place is off air.

I’m not asking people to like our forum or even stay when TW is back up and running (we have a feature whereby people can actually delete their accounts if they so wish when they leave the site for good), all I’ve offered is simply a meeting place!

What exactly is the problem because I simply can’t see one – its simply one BWFC forum offering to help another BWFC forum for a single day when your site is down.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:05 pm

You know what I'm on about. It amuses me that you're feigning otherwise. I'll leave be.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Cheers Sluffy, it's good to know there's a temporay tire available when the main one goes down.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:You know what I'm on about. It amuses me that you're feigning otherwise. I'll leave be.
Nope, I don't play games.

I have no idea what the hell "shaking in the corner of the room", "watching shagging on Google Earth" or "waiting for this forum to turf off members" as to do with my offer of help?

:conf:

The offer is genuine - it's there if you want it - or simply ignore it if you don't.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Cheers Sluffy, it's good to know there's a temporay tire available when the main one goes down.
You're welcome.

Maybe one day you can return the favour.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:39 pm

sluffy wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:You know what I'm on about. It amuses me that you're feigning otherwise. I'll leave be.
Nope, I don't play games.

I have no idea what the hell "shaking in the corner of the room", "watching shagging on Google Earth" or "waiting for this forum to turf off members" as to do with my offer of help?

:conf:

The offer is genuine - it's there if you want it - or simply ignore it if you don't.
Bless you, of course you don't.

I mean, some people will miss the site like hell and some won't give two hoots for the short time it takes to do the maintenance.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 pm

sluffy wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Cheers Sluffy, it's good to know there's a temporay tire available when the main one goes down.
You're welcome.

Maybe one day you can return the favour.
Always room for a couple more.

josh8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by josh8 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Sluffy.... FFS have you no shame.....?

your coming across as really desperate..... thats 2 forums in 2 days..... !

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Since Keveh posted a warning I doubt anybody will suffer for the sake of one day. A forum's a part of life, not a way of it. At least I don't think so. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:35 am

I doubt it will even be down for the whole day, that's just to cover my back ;)

It should be a few hours at the most really.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 am

Also, I am thinking of upgrading to the latest software for the forum.

I will get a temporary version up and let people decide if they like it or not. I'll try and get a theme that matches this one closely. It may not look the same, but I'll alter it as to how people would like it.

If people decide they are happy with it, I'll backup the old site and do the conversion.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:00 am

keveh wrote:Also, I am thinking of upgrading to the latest software for the forum.

I will get a temporary version up and let people decide if they like it or not. I'll try and get a theme that matches this one closely. It may not look the same, but I'll alter it as to how people would like it.

If people decide they are happy with it, I'll backup the old site and do the conversion.
That's better .... use of "if", "may", "thinking of", "try" ... wriggle-room, that's what you need !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".