A big thanks

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

A big thanks

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:08 am

To all those who put this site together and run it. As an escapee from the old 606 and like the nickname a home less wanderer, after trawling a few different shrines to our Gods at the reebok I finally put down roots here. THERE IS NO BETTER SITE dedicated to the men in white than this, hell its so like a church we even have our very own vicar along with some clever and very witty fellow posters. This should be the "real BWFC" fan site.
OK I hear you ask, why is Duke nukem from the flog and string um up wing going all gooey eyed and sentimental? Simples really, over the past few weeks I've been covertly browsing back in the past and through many great more than likely unread links and facets on this site and it just shows what a great job the coordination is the keyand thought put in by those who run it has been, it really deserves praise of the highest order.
A couple of things I would like to see are a spellchecker (mine is shocking at times, even a few learned posters cock up now and then too :mrgreen: ) and I really would like to see the ability to quote another poster then graphically chuck rotten fruit at it to show disgust :D (Who knows it may make its creator a fortune).
Well done again to all.

footnote
I actually read the article by Samhater about why he hates Sam and to be honest it would have taken a couple of tridents to even dent his arguments never mind blow a hole in and there is a lot more classy stuff in there. Me I blame Megson he lowered the tone and standards not only on this site but net wide, w*nker! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Hoboh on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A big thanks

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:37 am

Hoboh wrote:To all those who put this site together and run it. As an escapee from the old 606 and like the nickname a home less wanderer, after trawling a few different shrines to our Gods at the reebok I finally put down roots here. THERE IS NO BETTER SITE dedicated to the men in white than this, hell its so like a church we even have our very own vicar along with some clever and very witty fellow posters. This should be the "real BWFC" fan site.
OK I hear you ask, why is Duke nukem from the flog and string um up wing going all gooey eyed and sentimental? Simples really, over the past few weeks I've been covertly browsing back in the past and through many great more than likely unread links and facets on this site and it just shows what a great job the co ordernation and thought put in by those who run it has been, it really deserves praise of the highest order.
A couple of things I would like to see are a spellchecker (mine is shocking at times, even a few learned posters cock up now and then too :mrgreen: ) and I really would like to see the ability to quote another poster then graphically chuck rotten fruit at it to show disgust :D (Who knows it may make its creator a fortune).
Well done again to all.

footnote
I actually read the article by Samhater about why he hates Sam and to be honest it would have taken a couple of tridents to even dent his arguments never mind blow a hole in and there is a lot more classy stuff in there. Me I blame Megson he lowered the tone and standards not only on this site but net wide, w*nker! :mrgreen:
There is a spellchecker which underlines things in red. I'm quite sure it would have had some trouble with 'co ordernation' and suggest you think it over. The trouble is that it seems to have an American dictionary.... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:38 am

Or is the spellchecker part of Firefox? :conf:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 am

Firefox does have a spelling checker built in, Monty. You can toggle it on or off. Dictionaries are 'plug ins' - default on delivery is the U.S. version. British English is available (a quick Internet search will find it for you).

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 am

Dujon wrote:Firefox does have a spelling checker built in, Monty. You can toggle it on or off. Dictionaries are 'plug ins' - default on delivery is the U.S. version. British English is available (a quick Internet search will find it for you).
Thanks, Dujon - given where I live I'll stick to the American changing where necessary, but hobo can now install it. Still I echo his sentiments about the site managers who have a difficult job.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:32 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:To all those who put this site together and run it. As an escapee from the old 606 and like the nickname a home less wanderer, after trawling a few different shrines to our Gods at the reebok I finally put down roots here. THERE IS NO BETTER SITE dedicated to the men in white than this, hell its so like a church we even have our very own vicar along with some clever and very witty fellow posters. This should be the "real BWFC" fan site.
OK I hear you ask, why is Duke nukem from the flog and string um up wing going all gooey eyed and sentimental? Simples really, over the past few weeks I've been covertly browsing back in the past and through many great more than likely unread links and facets on this site and it just shows what a great job the coordination is the keyand thought put in by those who run it has been, it really deserves praise of the highest order.
Well done again to all.

footnote
There is a spellchecker which underlines things in red. I'm quite sure it would have had some trouble with 'co ordernation' and suggest you think it over. The trouble is that it seems to have an American dictionary.... :wink:
What? :conf: :mrgreen:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 am

I appreciate the fact that Keveh is so dedicated to administering and updating the site that he forgot to renew his passport. That's the sort of dedication we're after :mrgreen:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 am

Here here Hoboh

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 pm

seanworth wrote:Here here Hoboh
[cough]Hear! Hear![/cough]

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
He could have been talking to his dog, the littlest hoboh

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Hoboh wrote:To all those who put this site together and run it.
crawly bum-lick...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:To all those who put this site together and run it.
crawly bum-lick...
:fingers:

Was vwery touched for a mad moment