Sir Nut's ban

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:28 am

Is he now posting on the Burnley forum?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2120074890

The content seems familiar.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 am

jaffka wrote:Is he now posting on the Burnley forum?

Without a doubt. The same inane drivel and the grammar of an eight-year-old.

I'm beginning to think seriously that we're dealing with one fecked-up individual here; one that's prepared to go to such lengths.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 am

looks very much like him - and he has an admiring audience - good luck to the fellah! :wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:51 am

Maybe he has found a home where he can be happy :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:51 am

thebish wrote:

looks very much like him - and he has an admiring audience - good luck to the fellah! :wink:
He'll fit in well with those Burnley folk. They might even lend him a share of their brain cell if he's inducted into the gang.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:02 am

It's gratifiying to see, from the later posts, that they think he's a tosser too.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am

I never thought I'd say this - but a part of me is missing SirNut...

this is comedy genius..
Dont feel sorry for Bolton fans pal, most of us are deluded and arrogant thinking we should be finishing top 8 and challenging for cups, if we go down we will have brought it on ourselves, i know where not all like that and you have positvie/realistic sections and deluded/ and negative sections in every club, it just looks like Big Sam put the blinkers on 80% of our fans by bringing success in the wrong way (old players big wages) and it caught up on us, its just a good job Megson was thier to save the day. The fans wanted him out and got Coyle like Babys asking for sweets, well soon, the shop will be closed and we wont be able to choose our sweets as we have just picked the marsh mellows!
he's even got the Burnley fans half supporting us - they can't quite believe he actually believes what he types...
I don't know all the ins and outs. But you were in the botton 3 when Megson was there, and then Owen Coyle came in and kept you up comfortably. This season you've only lost one game, and that was to Arsenal. I've seen you a few times on MOTD and in no way do you look like relegation candidates. How is he not doing well there?
to which, Nutty offers word-for-word the same old story... concluding with this:
Iv stated why we have only lost once this season, Unbelievable luck and certain players carrying the team. This season we have only took the lead on 1 occasion in the league.

Last season we failed to score in 13 games out of 20 and scored 2 goals against the top 9 in 10 games and that was his second game against Arsenal away.

Its not as rosy as you think.

He is clueless and ill be suprised if we finish higher than last season.

You'll see

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

I see that he hasn't mentioned SKD being a useless lump yet. Might that be to do with the options having failed to register?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that he hasn't mentioned SKD being a useless lump yet. Might that be to do with the options having failed to register?
Think he was waiting for a lead-in to play his trump (or should that be stump?) card.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sir Nut's ban

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

East Lower wrote:Let me just ask, as a neutral observer, whether I've understood this correctly.

1) Sir Nut has his opinions (right or wrong, they're his opinions), and
2) People criticise his posts and call him all names under the sun, using all the same terms (directed at another poster) that have led to bans for many other posters, yet
3) Sir Nut is the one that gets a ban

Not quite sure I understand the logic behind it - seeing as there is no right to reply anywhere to any of the moderator decisions I thought this thread might get an answer to a question that has been troubling me.
Couple of points.

Sir Nut is more than entitled to his opinions, others are entitled to disagree (or agree) with them as we see fit. Just because they're opinions doesn't make him
"entitled" to keep ramming them down everyone's throats, no more than anyone else would be entitled to if 99% of the other posters thought it was just a plain wind up.

Forums like anywhere else in life have their own character. Sometimes you get square pegs in round holes, as Sir Nut seemed to find out of his own accord on Burnden Aces.

For someone so new to the site, you seem to be well up on the banning history. As far as I can see, only 3 regular contributors have received any sort of permenant bans in the last couple of years. Occasionally a spat breaks out resulting in two warring parties getting a 3 day/week cooling off period.

You get troubled fairly easily, if someone being a complete WUM gets a "sit on the naughty stop for a short while", troubles you. :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm

thebish wrote:I never thought I'd say this - but a part of me is missing SirNut...

this is comedy genius..
Dont feel sorry for Bolton fans pal, most of us are deluded and arrogant thinking we should be finishing top 8 and challenging for cups, if we go down we will have brought it on ourselves, i know where not all like that and you have positvie/realistic sections and deluded/ and negative sections in every club, it just looks like Big Sam put the blinkers on 80% of our fans by bringing success in the wrong way (old players big wages) and it caught up on us, its just a good job Megson was thier to save the day. The fans wanted him out and got Coyle like Babys asking for sweets, well soon, the shop will be closed and we wont be able to choose our sweets as we have just picked the marsh mellows!
he's even got the Burnley fans half supporting us - they can't quite believe he actually believes what he types...
I don't know all the ins and outs. But you were in the botton 3 when Megson was there, and then Owen Coyle came in and kept you up comfortably. This season you've only lost one game, and that was to Arsenal. I've seen you a few times on MOTD and in no way do you look like relegation candidates. How is he not doing well there?
to which, Nutty offers word-for-word the same old story... concluding with this:
Iv stated why we have only lost once this season, Unbelievable luck and certain players carrying the team. This season we have only took the lead on 1 occasion in the league.

Last season we failed to score in 13 games out of 20 and scored 2 goals against the top 9 in 10 games and that was his second game against Arsenal away.

Its not as rosy as you think.

He is clueless and ill be suprised if we finish higher than last season.

You'll see
Anyone else think it could be utterly genius PR on behalf of Coyle? Nutty even has some Burnley fans defending him, and the constant defending of him on here has to seep through?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:07 pm

You could, of course, if you had the power and inclination, have enforced a less harsh punishment such as changing Sir N's avatar to that of a picture of SKD.

Just saying like :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:10 pm

...and renamed him to OC & SKD spitroasted my wife.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm

He's still being rested until 18 October. :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm

So he's got a month ban, because you don't like him? If he's killing the site as much as people say surely a full time ban is the best option. Otherwise don't ban him at all... From what I saw of his posts, never once was he abusive towards any other members of this board, despite people often referring to him as a c*nt, tw*t, Pr*ck, W*anker... Need I go on?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:So he's got a month ban, because you don't like him? If he's killing the site as much as people say surely a full time ban is the best option. Otherwise don't ban him at all... From what I saw of his posts, never once was he abusive towards any other members of this board, despite people often referring to him as a c*nt, tw*t, Pr*ck, W*anker... Need I go on?
It is not the site policy to ban anyone permanently without one more warnings, Boris (Thank Goodness!). I have seen him use abuse though it came back in equal or greater measure as I noted earlier.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:So he's got a month ban, because you don't like him? If he's killing the site as much as people say surely a full time ban is the best option. Otherwise don't ban him at all... From what I saw of his posts, never once was he abusive towards any other members of this board, despite people often referring to him as a c*nt, tw*t, Pr*ck, W*anker... Need I go on?
Didn't see them all then bb... Easy enough for you to go back and check...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 pm

no - you needn't.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

If his 'one trick' was to slag off Megson, he'd still be posting

But, I don't think it's fair to publicly question the modding

If folk don't like modding policy, there's other sites
Sto ut Serviam

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 am

Crawler
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.