Sir Nut's ban

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:16 am

The way the mods run this site determines the overall atmosphere on this site. The atmosphere is a long term deal, as certainly problems arise from time to time. Overall I like this site which is why I have stayed on. This is largely down to the way the mods run the site. Ideally the people that didn't like the Nutter should have simply ignored him. Over time he would have changed or simply moved on because it was clear from his posts he was looking for reactions. People didn't ignore though so the mods made a decision they deemed best for the site. Now it is up to Nut.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
boltonboris wrote:So he's got a month ban, because you don't like him? If he's killing the site as much as people say surely a full time ban is the best option. Otherwise don't ban him at all... From what I saw of his posts, never once was he abusive towards any other members of this board, despite people often referring to him as a c*nt, tw*t, Pr*ck, W*anker... Need I go on?
If his 'one trick' was to slag off Megson, he'd still be posting

But, I don't think it's fair to publicly question the modding

If folk don't like modding policy, there's other sites
I was just asking what the difference is between 8000+ posters being abusive and then Sir Nut being annoying.. Other than being 'liked'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
boltonboris wrote:So he's got a month ban, because you don't like him? If he's killing the site as much as people say surely a full time ban is the best option. Otherwise don't ban him at all... From what I saw of his posts, never once was he abusive towards any other members of this board, despite people often referring to him as a c*nt, tw*t, Pr*ck, W*anker... Need I go on?

I was just asking what the difference is between 8000+ posters being abusive and then Sir Nut being annoying.. Other than being 'liked'
I think perhaps if your face fits then a blind eye is turned, whereas if it doesn't then it isn't.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 pm

you also asked if you needed to go on - the answer was "no" - it still is.

the mods have made a decision - this forum is not a democracy - it generally runs quite well because the mods act in the interests of the forum as a whole.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm

East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

I think perhaps if your face fits then a blind eye is turned, whereas if it doesn't then it isn't.
how on earth would you know - you've only been here 17days....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 pm

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:

Alfred told him? :conf:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 pm

One things for sure, I bet he's masturbating furiously over all the attention he's getting.

Theres the money shot for you Nut.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

I'm filling up here. Stop it. Who will save Tiny Tim for Christmas?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 pm

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

I'm a long-time lurker bish, despite your finest conspiracy theories.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm

long time lurker to 12 posts a day.... it's a miracle story to warm the heart...

how I overcame my internet shyness in 17 days...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 pm

thebish wrote:you also asked if you needed to go on - the answer was "no" - it still is.

the mods have made a decision - this forum is not a democracy - it generally runs quite well because the mods act in the interests of the forum as a whole.
This is true, though I suspect that were it a democracy the outcome would have been similar.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
thebish wrote:you also asked if you needed to go on - the answer was "no" - it still is.

This is true, though I suspect that were it a democracy the outcome would have been similar.
If it ever graduates to anarchy it'll probably close down. Sir Nut got a ban (half over now) not a life sentence in jail.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:44 pm

I'd give odds firmly against him returning.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:45 pm

East Lower wrote:I'd give odds firmly against him returning.
Seeing how you know him, I'll pass on that one.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Seeing how you know him, I'll pass on that one.
That was my point, friend.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 pm

if s/he wants to s/he will, if s/he doesn't want to s/he won't - and I doubt anyone will lose very much sleep between now and then laying bets...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:I know! If you're going to absorb the same shite being spouted time and time and time again, about the same subject time and time and time again, with no right of meaningful reply, I might as well absorb it from someone who shares a bed with me!
mmmm I'd better leave Megson alone then!!! You reading too Lord K? :mrgreen:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 pm

And give up the guaranteed replies? Don't spoil my fun trampman.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:38 pm

East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

Face?

Am I missing something?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:11 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

Face?

Am I missing something?
It wouldn't surprise me, PB But then I am too :oops:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.