post length

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

post length

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:15 pm

I think the site should be made a bit like twitter, in that no posts can be longer than 140 characters, say 200 maybe? If you need to write an essay submit it as an article? Or perhaps introduce a ‘click to read more’ tab. For peeps with more time & patience on their hands.

Personally, I don’t read any posts more than a couple of lines long anyway, but it bugs when im trying to scroll through threads and some posts are like War & Peace, The Directors cut. Especially at work when I log on for a quick skim through whats going on, like you do on twitter.

tbh, id have given up reading this by now! :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: post length

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I think the site should be made a bit like twitter, in that no posts can be longer than 140 characters, say 200 maybe? If you need to write an essay submit it as an article? Or perhaps introduce a ‘click to read more’ tab. For peeps with more time & patience on their hands.

Personally, I don’t read any posts more than a couple of lines long anyway, but it bugs when im trying to scroll through threads and some posts are like War & Peace, The Directors cut. Especially at work when I log on for a quick skim through whats going on, like you do on twitter.

You'll be advocating text speak next!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:37 pm

gd idea m8

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:46 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:gd idea m8

4 coff. :mrgreen:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

tl;dr

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:55 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I think the site should be made a bit like twitter, in that no posts can be longer than 140 characters, say 200 maybe? If you need to write an essay submit it as an article? Or perhaps introduce a ‘click to read more’ tab. For peeps with more time & patience on their hands.

tl;dr
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 pm

To be honest Mr General, I think you're wrong. And I shall explain why if I may. 200 characters is just about long enough for you to

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:44 pm

sensership that's whats going on here, its a gag the tramp plot, if you get past the ridgebacks the trusted AK47 awaits (failing that I've got this funny little red button the bloke keeps telling me to push to vote. Do you Reckon its a good job I ain't found anyone worht blowing 40p per min on? :mrgreen:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 am

Hoboh wrote:sensership that's whats going on here, its a gag the tramp plot, if you get past the ridgebacks the trusted AK47 awaits (failing that I've got this funny little red button the bloke keeps telling me to push to vote. Do you Reckon its a good job I ain't found anyone worht blowing 40p per min on? :mrgreen:
:conf:
Put the meths bottle down and step away from the keyboard....
Businesswoman of the year.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:18 am

Twitter is for wankers.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 am

Doubt it would be a success as it would promote text speak which would require another post from people like myself asking for a translation.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am

East Lower wrote:Twitter is for wankers.
thats what im talking about - straight to the point.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:53 am

the reviews on Amazon are a testament to what I mean – they show a few lines to tease you, if you want the full review you ‘click to read more’ but you generally get the jist of it from what you see.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 am

General Mannerheim wrote:the reviews on Amazon are a testament to what I mean – they show a few lines to tease you, if you want the full review you ‘click to read more’ but you generally get the jist of it from what you see.

sorry - I gave up after the first 10 words....

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:sensership that's whats going on here, its a gag the tramp plot, if you get past the ridgebacks the trusted AK47 awaits (failing that I've got this funny little red button the bloke keeps telling me to push to vote. Do you Reckon its a good job I ain't found anyone worht blowing 40p per min on? :mrgreen:
I'm in favour of a 'senser' that detects when Hoboh is logging on, then firewalls him out of the site.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm

ratbert wrote:
I'm in favour of a 'senser' that detects when Hoboh is logging on, then firewalls him out of the site.
MMMMMMMMMM when you need friends........................................
Your sheds next for a squat :mrgreen: