QUICK!!!

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: QUICK!!!

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:I thought GG had it all sown up?

Can you get mine too, Worthy.
Are you being sexist Colin? Cos you'll get a slap if you are! ;)
Er,pardon the question GG, but what exactly is "sexist"? See, not mixing it up with "equality", Men are men and women are women whichever way you cut it. A difference of sex that can't be denied or argued with. See I find it hard to understand where the terms "man-boobs" and men "having a feminine side" actually came from.
Don't disagree that men are men and women are women Tango but what i was objecting to was that AG was insinuating (i suspect) that because i was female i would be the one wanting a sewing machine and doing the sewing.

I think sexism is when you assume because of someones sex that they will act a certain way/like ceretain things. I haven't a scooby how to use a sewing machine. Having a pair of boobs doesn't automatically mean you know/are interested in these things.
Ah, well you see G.G. I did notice the winks and there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek in my post. But on the serious side, equality is needed and it shouldn't be otherwise. neither should that become role-reversal. Sexes are still as they where and mutual repect and previleges doesn't automatically mean that all men should suddenly want to take up child-minding, knitting or being house wives whilst buying their wives a pair of pit boots (if you know what I mean. Mention it to thebish before he takes it literally). :wink:

As Robbie Burns said " A man's a man for au that"
Why shouldn't it become traditional role reversal? Whats wrong with a man staying at home and looking after the kids whilst the wife goes out to work as a firefighter or whatever?! Whats wrong with men taking up knitting? Women going down the pit?

I'm not saying that all men should become house husbands (or should suddenly want to) and all women should go out and earn the pennys, I am more then happy staying at home and looking after the kids and my husband earns more then me anyway, BUT there are plenty of situations where thats not the case and the wife goes out to work and the husband does the child care. If thats what makes them both happy and what works in their life then fine by me. No point enforcing stupid gender stereotypes of 'man as provider' when he earns £10,000 a year and his wife earns £40,000. Some men (shock horror) might actually prefer the idea of spending time with their children, nurturing them and watching them grow, rather then a boring office job pen pushing. Not saying all do, or should, but you can't generalise Tango.

As for the hobbys thing, thats ridiculous. Next you'll be saying no women should go and watch football! :shock: I won't be staying at home finishing my cross stitch on your say so, i'm afriad.

I know you're old Tango but times have changed. You gotta move with them!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: I know you're old Tango but times have changed. You gotta move with them!
No denial, and I don't have to do any such thing thankfully. Lord knows what the next twenty years will bring though. :wink:

Oh,and by role reversal as opposed to equality, men have had a dominant role for centuries. That has now equalised but I hope you're not advocating that should change to the opposite? A race of Amazons ruling the world. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Ah, well you see G.G. I did notice the winks and there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek in my post. But on the serious side, equality is needed and it shouldn't be otherwise. neither should that become role-reversal. Sexes are still as they where and mutual repect and previleges doesn't automatically mean that all men should suddenly want to take up child-minding, knitting or being house wives whilst buying their wives a pair of pit boots (if you know what I mean. Mention it to thebish before he takes it literally). :wink:

As Robbie Burns said " A man's a man for au that"

:conf:

presumably someone suggested otherwise and the post got deleted??

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: I know you're old Tango but times have changed. You gotta move with them!
No denial, and I don't have to do any such thing thankfully. Lord knows what the next twenty years will bring though. :wink:

Oh,and by role reversal as opposed to equality, men have had a dominant role for centuries. That has now equalised but I hope you're not advocating that should change to the opposite? A race of Amazons ruling the world. :mrgreen:
Well, we couldn't do a worse job then you men ;) But no, i'm happy with simple equality.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:07 pm

keveh will be doing his nut in when he reads this discussion in the problems thread...lol

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:08 pm

jaffka wrote:keveh will be doing his nut in when he reads this discussion in the problems thread...lol
Tango started it and he's a mod ;)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:09 pm

he might be getting sacked then

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:10 pm

jaffka wrote:keveh will be doing his nut in when he reads this discussion in the problems thread...lol
Is Keveh really "Dear Deidre"?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Doubtful. Just a bit of fun. All done. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 am

I agree it was funny reading the posts, hence my lol :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Well, we couldn't do a worse job then you men ;) But no, i'm happy with simple equality.
Bollox!
1 woman are never happy
2 Rather lowering yourself claiming you are equal to men are you not
3 when you pick up heavy items and don't moan when someone's socks smell like a murder has just been commited, then maybe then you might be accepted!