http pipelining

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

http pipelining

Post by a1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:41 pm

been having a few stupid timeouts on here (for various reasons , isp trouble maybe , here's webhost being bobbins maybe, my terrible dns server maybe) and have turned on http pipelining on in me browser , is suposed to be newer / better / faster and more efficient in some way at loading webpages coz it can request data or packets or sumat out of order and stitch them together at my end but might send 8 kinda requests at once insteada 1 then the next etc.

i'm not gunna get banned for flooding here with too much page loads/packet requests/ whatever in a too short space of time ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_pipelining" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems fancy , like that google SPDY protocol bizzness that chrome / firefox / whatever uses.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35433
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit.

<<Image>>
lorem ipsum dolor

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:01 pm

I get several timeouts a day. Have done for months :(

No bloody idea what a1 is on about mind :?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I get several timeouts a day. Have done for months :(

No bloody idea what a1 is on about mind :?
Nor what Brucie's on about neither, mind.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12675
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: http pipelining

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I get several timeouts a day. Have done for months :(

No bloody idea what a1 is on about mind :?
Nor what Brucie's on about neither, mind.
Ah, Bruce must have been a typesetter once I think.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Brucie is just quoting the sample text from a Joomla installation 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35433
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I get several timeouts a day. Have done for months :(

No bloody idea what a1 is on about mind :?
Nor what Brucie's on about neither, mind.
I was responding in kind, Spotty. ;) It's the absolute gibberish that printing types use to show how text will be set out on an article (packaging, literature etc.)

As noted by Monty & AT.
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: http pipelining

Post by a1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:10 pm

amazon's AWS S3 storage bucket cloud thing can be configured to host websites.

i think its a bit "youre on your own" when it doesnt work though, unless you pay for support.

looks amazing reading the docs.

i even think they eventually migrated the amazon.com etc websites to their own subcompany's infrastructure.

but they probably pay no tax twice now. or summat.

:/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35433
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Oh, why didn't you say? That clears it all up! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, why didn't you say? That clears it all up! :?
I'm with you on this. As clear as. Mud.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, why didn't you say? That clears it all up! :?
I'm with you on this. As clear as. Mud.
I think he is saying that the tax dodging bastards at Amazon own a big cloud. If Kev was super clever and could understand technical gibberish (because the tax dodgers wont help you), he could move The Wanderer into the sky and sit proudly in this cloud. I'm not sure if this would mean that Kev could dodge tax as well though...

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, why didn't you say? That clears it all up! :?
I'm with you on this. As clear as. Mud.
I think he is saying that the tax dodging bastards at Amazon own a big cloud. If Kev was super clever and could understand technical gibberish (because the tax dodgers wont help you), he could move The Wanderer into the sky and sit proudly in this cloud. I'm not sure if this would mean that Kev could dodge tax as well though...
Do you know, with the help of your translation, I think I've got a glimmer as to what's going on. Cheers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, why didn't you say? That clears it all up! :?
I'm with you on this. As clear as. Mud.
I think he is saying that the tax dodging bastards at Amazon own a big cloud. If Kev was super clever and could understand technical gibberish (because the tax dodgers wont help you), he could move The Wanderer into the sky and sit proudly in this cloud. I'm not sure if this would mean that Kev could dodge tax as well though...
Do you know, with the help of your translation, I think I've got a glimmer as to what's going on. Cheers.
Happy to help. They really should add a technical gibberish option on Google Translate.

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: http pipelining

Post by a1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am

i'd have amazon aws s3 as at least a backup. and make it 'live' when the original hosting fails / turkish haxxors break it.

dunno how much it'd cost to do just that though [just store a backup and/or the websites files] .

and once you'd needed to make it 'live' you've gotta pay for the data / GET requests etc used up by the website's visitors.

the site has a "costs calculator / estimator" .. but theres free bits for the first 12 months.

google and microsoft have big cloud things too.

its the new thing this "data storage farm" business

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 am

Gibberish Translator...
a1 wrote:i'd have amazon aws s3 as at least a backup. and make it 'live' when the original hosting fails / turkish haxxors break it.
a1 would use the tax dodger's cloud to keep a back-up copy of The Wanderer in case BWFC Insane's hyperbole broke the site, or them Sampions Ligue Pilayers hack it.
a1 wrote:dunno how much it'd cost to do just that though [just store a backup and/or the websites files] .
a1 doesn't know how much it'd cost.
a1 wrote:and once you'd needed to make it 'live' you've gotta pay for the data / GET requests etc used up by the website's visitors.
If you needed to use the cloud then you have to pay some money to the tax dodgers. Particularly when people actually use The Wanderer. Tango's live commentary will be particularly expensive.
a1 wrote:the site has a "costs calculator / estimator" .. but theres free bits for the first 12 months.
No idea how much it costs. Probably lots as they have to chuck free stuff at you to persuade you.

a1 wrote:google and microsoft have big cloud things too.
Other tax dodgers have big clouds too.
a1 wrote:its the new thing this "data storage farm" business
Summat about cows and chickens and shit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35433
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am

Thank you, AT. However, the question remains - why is he sharing this mumbo jumbo with us in the first place? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: http pipelining

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

That I can't help with I'm afraid :?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: http pipelining

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12675
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: http pipelining

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Thank you, AT. However, the question remains - why is he sharing this mumbo jumbo with us in the first place? :conf:

I think he is putting the info in site development so that keveh may see it, may understand it and may find a better alternative for hosting the site. Indeed I regret keveh has not yet responded. For the rest of us, save AT, it just crin blithering verbiage but it may, at some point, make TW a better place for heroes to post in.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2681
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 am
Location: On the hunt for Zat Knight's spinal cord

Re: http pipelining

Post by mrkint » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I get several timeouts a day. Have done for months :(

No bloody idea what a1 is on about mind :?
Nor what Brucie's on about neither, mind.
I was responding in kind, Spotty. ;) It's the absolute gibberish that printing types use to show how text will be set out on an article (packaging, literature etc.)

As noted by Monty & AT.
A rather naive mrkint, having first seen Lorem Ipsum in action, said enthusiastically to an eyebrow-raising editor: "Wow! I didn't know you could write latin!" :oops:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest