Donation - New Server

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

keveh wrote:Seems to be working fine for me

Image
A lot of unread post on there I see.

:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35448
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
keveh wrote:Seems to be working fine for me

Image
A lot of unread post on there I see.

:lol:
Despite being on a heavenly beach, Keveh still gets that 'Oh, for feck's sake' feeling as he sees: Last Post - bwfcdan94
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Kev does seem to have some very girly feet :shock:

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: Sat in the back bedroom.

Re: *** DOWNTIME ***

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
keveh wrote:That was probably your DNS not updating and still pointing to the old server.
I have the same problem as Tango. On my home PC I get this "Site down for maintenance", but at work, the forum loads up OK.

Any idea what I need to do with my home PC? :(
I don't know if you did anything Keveh, but it's working fine now at home now too! :D
Hope is what keeps us going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: *** DOWNTIME ***

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:
keveh wrote:That was probably your DNS not updating and still pointing to the old server.
I have the same problem as Tango. On my home PC I get this "Site down for maintenance", but at work, the forum loads up OK.

Any idea what I need to do with my home PC? :(
I don't know if you did anything Keveh, but it's working fine now at home now too! :D
"At work" indeed ... !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: Sat in the back bedroom.

Re: *** DOWNTIME ***

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:
keveh wrote:That was probably your DNS not updating and still pointing to the old server.
I have the same problem as Tango. On my home PC I get this "Site down for maintenance", but at work, the forum loads up OK.

Any idea what I need to do with my home PC? :(
I don't know if you did anything Keveh, but it's working fine now at home now too! :D
"At work" indeed ... !!!
8)
Hope is what keeps us going.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: North London, originally Farnworth

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by Gravedigger » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Kev does seem to have some very girly feet :shock:

That comes with walking on water too much. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3245
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by Dujon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 am

keveh wrote:So that migration to the new server seemed to go well and the site seems to be a lot faster, some people are having cache issues but they should resolve themselves soon.

People offered their support so I have put a donation button on the site, I'll keep it up there for a week or so as I don't want it in the way of people using the site.

Whatever your donation, it's very much appreciated. Thank you!
A couple of bob on the way, keveh, sorry I couldn't make it more. Thanks.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8013
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Dujon wrote:
keveh wrote:So that migration to the new server seemed to go well and the site seems to be a lot faster, some people are having cache issues but they should resolve themselves soon.

People offered their support so I have put a donation button on the site, I'll keep it up there for a week or so as I don't want it in the way of people using the site.

Whatever your donation, it's very much appreciated. Thank you!
A couple of bob on the way, keveh, sorry I couldn't make it more. Thanks.
Made a donation yesterday, should have cleared today. happy to donate again if need be. Enjoy using the site very much.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Worryingly close to Old Tr*fford.
Contact:

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by clapton is god » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Just got back from holiday and this was first job to attend to. Many thanks, Keveh!

keveh
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4421
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Stuck in the Forums

Re: Donation - New Server

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:16 am

Many thanks for that, and everybody who has donated over the past couple of weeks.

I'll un-sticky this topic now so it doesn't get in your way
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest