Home page articles...

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Home page articles...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 pm

I just noticed that I've missed an article, Bish's #10 article.
I read his Game One On because TD advertised it on a thread (First Game of the Season).
I'm just wondering, for the benefit of those of us who come straight into the forums, could it be possible to have either a couple of stickies on the Terraces, and Other Footy, or just an information sticky to highlight new article postings, possibly, please?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Home page articles...

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I just noticed that I've missed an article, Bish's #10 article.
I read his Game One On because TD advertised it on a thread (First Game of the Season).
I'm just wondering, for the benefit of those of us who come straight into the forums, could it be possible to have either a couple of stickies on the Terraces, and Other Footy, or just an information sticky to highlight new article postings, possibly, please?
tango did also advertise the #10 article in a thread... a thread called "Number Ten"! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24832 8)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:38 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I just noticed that I've missed an article, Bish's #10 article.
tango did also advertise the #10 article in a thread... a thread called "Number Ten"! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24832 8)
Ah, I must have skipped through that one. :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Ah, I must have skipped through that one. :hang:
i have missed a few articles though - so some kind of sticky might be a good idea - except that we don't get that many articles!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm

Maybe a sticky might also stimulate more articles. I'm not saying it will, but it could prompt people to submit a few more...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:45 pm

A few direct begging mails tended to do the trick.

Sort of "Hey bobo, instead of pissing and moaning all the time do you fancy doing an article ?" ... that sort of thing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Can I do one ? I would also like to do maybe 1 or 2 during the season (you know previews and the like)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I think one or two members have been hoping you'd 'do one' for ages now Dan.... :wink2:
Seriously though, you don't need to ask permission. Anyone can write an article anytime they like. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think one or two members have been hoping you'd 'do one' for ages now Dan.... :wink2:
Seriously though, you don't need to ask permission. Anyone can write an article anytime they like. :)
Members speak now!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Articles are always on the Home Page. Pity folk don't go there much but then again, there aren't always new articles there. Leads to them are nearly always in that week's match thread unless they're general football in which case they get a thread of their own as thebish's "Number Ten".
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?