Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should we have a World Cup forum?

No thanks. I've no interest in it because I'm Welsh.
6
27%
Yes. But a brand new one. Who cares about reading four year old posts.
8
36%
Yes. Bring back the South Africa one!
8
36%
 
Total votes: 22

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue May 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Don't know if folk remember but we used to have a dedicated world cup forum. I think it were about four years ago or so now.

Thoughts needed on us having one again for Brazil.
In fact for a laugh, I say we bring back the one from last time; it's got 120 topics with 2712 posts in it and this was the last ever post made on it. By Kangana...
Lord Kangana wrote:Hmmm.

However, rereading that article by the a man I consider to be a man who thinks he's smarter than the rest, one question. If we're talking cliches, why does your list have to have a nice round 10 points (not 9 or 7, or 11) and why is it "all about the fans"?
No, I don't know what he's going on about either. And there's only one way to find out. Vote now!
Businesswoman of the year.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Feck it, if you recommend it oh crazy one, I say Yes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Tue May 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh yes. Let's see who he was arguing with.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Bring it back - with the amount of votes we have now, it's almost at fever pitch already.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7203
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.
I think its women and football don't mix.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 pm

I don't get that excited by the World Cup any more, but it's nowt to do with whose players they are, I don't get very excited about football generally. I'm still of the notion that Country > Club (at all sports).

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7203
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.
I think its women and football don't mix.
I think you need a smack. :whack:

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.
I think its women and football don't mix.
I think you need a smack. :whack:
offering violence due to someone having a different opinion :roll:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7203
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed May 14, 2014 8:38 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.
I think its women and football don't mix.
I think you need a smack. :whack:
offering violence due to someone having a different opinion :roll:
Yes, but it's the wrong opinion. And sexist. So :spank:

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Is it me or does anyone else not get that excited about the World Cup? I just can't bring myself to cheer on players I usually dislike week in, week out. Plus it annoys me how many people (and to my shame women are worse for this) jump on the football supporting bandwagon for just the length of the tournament before being uninterested again.
I think its women and football don't mix.
I think you need a smack. :whack:
offering violence due to someone having a different opinion :roll:
Yes, but it's the wrong opinion. And sexist. So :spank:
Really?

So violence is acceptable because you perceive an 'ism to be involved :conf:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed May 14, 2014 8:50 pm

jaffka wrote:Oh yes. Let's see who he was arguing with.
Stab in the dark says that it's BWFCi.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
jaffka wrote:Oh yes. Let's see who he was arguing with.
Stab in the dark says that it's BWFCi.
You wont get good odds on that.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Try not to get too excited; it's really not that good. :oops:

It's not Insania anyway btw.
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Why is it hidden from general view?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 14, 2014 9:14 pm

I think it was archived after the world cup ended as I guess it would've been pointless after that.
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19776
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 pm

How come Bobo has voted twice?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 9:19 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think it was archived after the world cup ended as I guess it would've been pointless after that.
It can be quite nice reading back on old posts though.

Was there anything controversial?

England are shite, doesn't count.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I dunno; I've not read it for years either.

It'll probably be just a load of old bollox tbh. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8439
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: uk

Re: Should we resurrect the World Cup forum?

Post by jaffka » Wed May 14, 2014 9:27 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I dunno; I've not read it for years either.

It'll probably be just a load of old bollox tbh. :D
Go on then, be daring and resurrect it without any of the other mods knowing about it.

Live life on the edge for a while.

I have an interesting proposition that could be included in the world cup.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest