Let's get back to basics

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Let's get back to basics

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:00 am

It's clear that in the last few weeks and months there has been a growing theme of abuse, backbiting, petty insults and trolling on these boards. To be honest, a few people have been guilty of bending the rules and no mentioning of names but some long term posters have been guilty of abuse, trolling and in some cases, even borderline racism recently. And given the amount of PMs flying about this week it's clear that people are not only fed up with it, but fed up to the point of wanting to quit the site.

Maybe these negative characteristics are here because of the turmoil our beloved Bolton Wanderers has been through the last couple of seasons. Maybe not.
But either way it doesn't really matter. It's come to a head and has got to stop because it's ruining the site for everybody.

We're all adults and it's a football forum so nobody is expected to sit politely making small talk about the weather and agreeing with each other - it's the passionate debate and light-hearted banter that makes this place tick. Let's get back to that.

So, line in the sand; clean slates all round and a gentle reminder to ask everyone to clam down and to try and stick to the rules. It goes without saying that anyone who can't be bothered will quickly find themselves on the wrong end of the site's banning policy.
As ever, all feedback is welcome.
Thanks.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Let's get back to basics

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:06 am

Well said, that man. :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:10 am

CrazyHorse wrote:It's clear that in the last few weeks and months there has been a growing theme of abuse, backbiting, petty insults and trolling on these boards. To be honest, a few people have been guilty of bending the rules and no mentioning of names but some long term posters have been guilty of abuse, trolling and in some cases, even borderline racism recently. And given the amount of PMs flying about this week it's clear that people are not only fed up with it, but fed up to the point of wanting to quit the site.

Maybe these negative characteristics are here because of the turmoil our beloved Bolton Wanderers has been through the last couple of seasons. Maybe not.
But either way it doesn't really matter. It's come to a head and has got to stop because it's ruining the site for everybody.

We're all adults and it's a football forum so nobody is expected to sit politely making small talk about the weather and agreeing with each other - it's the passionate debate and light-hearted banter that makes this place tick. Let's get back to that.

So, line in the sand; clean slates all round and a gentle reminder to ask everyone to clam down and to try and stick to the rules. It goes without saying that anyone who can't be bothered will quickly find themselves on the wrong end of the site's banning policy.
As ever, all feedback is welcome.
Thanks.

Clam down? Isn't that a little bit shellfish?

For what it's worth I agree. Apologies if I have offended anyone, although I don't think I have as I haven't had any P.M.s.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:24 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:Clam down? Isn't that a little bit shellfish?
Doh!
:D
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Well said that man/hoss :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Clam down? Isn't that a little bit shellfish?
Doh!
:D
I'm guessing a clam down is like a TW Smackdown with kippers.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Anyway. Bravo.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:00 pm

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......
A little misleading then, no? :mrgreen:

I really do try not to get too personal, point noted, check out my clean politics thread :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Your only squabbling with each other because I haven't been about to argue with. On a serious note, well said Hoss, were all Bolton after all with the exception of the odd visitor.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.