How the fxck do you...

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

How the fxck do you...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm

add a fxcking photo from a fxcking android phone to a post????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: How the fxck do you...

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm
add a fxcking photo from a fxcking android phone to a post????
Good question. I have not been able to add a photo from anything except a hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack. There must be a way but...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 am

As best I can see, phpBB discontinued support and add-ons/plug-ins some time ago. It appears also that the facility to add an image to a post, originally then hosted by its own image database - and thus the ability to post images directly - became defunct. Looking at the site itself there is no way to do as Spotty desires.

This means that any image to be uploaded to the site must come from an external source, whether your own web site or some other image hosting provider such as those mentioned by Monty. That means of course that you will need to be able to upload the image to your chosen site. Not being an Android O.S. user I cannot further comment.

Unless DJBlue can add anything to that, then that's your lot. :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

Dujon wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 am
As best I can see, phpBB discontinued support and add-ons/plug-ins some time ago. It appears also that the facility to add an image to a post, originally then hosted by its own image database - and thus the ability to post images directly - became defunct. Looking at the site itself there is no way to do as Spotty desires.

This means that any image to be uploaded to the site must come from an external source, whether your own web site or some other image hosting provider such as those mentioned by Monty. That means of course that you will need to be able to upload the image to your chosen site. Not being an Android O.S. user I cannot further comment.

Unless DJBlue can add anything to that, then that's your lot. :(
Cheers Dujon.

I do have an account with Imsgeshack or Some such, but I no longer have a computer and cannot access that account from my phone without access to a computer in order to rediscover my password.
I'm going to have to borrow a laptop to download my passwords... bugger. Oh well.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:58 am

Could you open a new account with imageshack, or some other free provider, from your 'phone? Perhaps a friend who has a web site might be able to accommodate you, even if only on a temporary basis? I do not own a 'smart' 'phone so I might be talking through my hat. If so, then please excuse me.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Dujon wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:58 am
Could you open a new account with imageshack, or some other free provider, from your 'phone? Perhaps a friend who has a web site might be able to accommodate you, even if only on a temporary basis? I do not own a 'smart' 'phone so I might be talking through my hat. If so, then please excuse me.
The problem is I only have one email account now that I don't have a work one, and most sites require verification through a return email. If you already have an account then you can't set up a second.
However I've now recovered my password and can post photos theoretically, although I still haven't yet tested the upload from mobile to Imsgeshack yet, and also the photo I was going to post is now 'dated'.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Please forgive my technical shortcomings as I don't have a smart phone, just a digital camera, but I just save images to My Pictures (Windows 10 which isn't a patch on the old X.P Professional for what I want ) from the camera via a port and then use them as aditions from the site facility with any posts.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Just select Full Editor and Preview.

Then hit the plus sign on attachment then add file.

You can upload that way.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 am

Mea culpa!

Thanks for the correction, DJBlu.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:15 pm
Just select Full Editor and Preview.

Then hit the plus sign on attachment then add file.

You can upload that way.
Cheers, but when I do that it goes to camera on my phone but not photos. Also it tells me the attachment is too large, even when camera is on 'lowest' setting (18:9 - 5 MP).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:12 pm

Depite being here 12 plus years, I'm still having to sign in every time I open up and click on this site. Didn't happen for a fair while but now it's back.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:12 pm
Depite being here 12 plus years, I'm still having to sign in every time I open up and click on this site. Didn't happen for a fair while but now it's back.
I'm surprised they let you on at all....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Have you got your laptop or PC set-up to accept cookies? If you haven’t, it won’t save your site settings.

I’m no computer expert but that is my guess.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.