Technical note for mobile phone users.

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Technical note for mobile phone users.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Discovered that when using a mobile phone with one of those cases that close with a magnetic flap...
It fxcks up the GPS and magnetic calibration every time. You need to recalibrate each time you open the app.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12554
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Technical note for mobile phone users.

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Discovered that when using a mobile phone with one of those cases that close with a magnetic flap...
It fxcks up the GPS and magnetic calibration every time. You need to recalibrate each time you open the app.
Which app? never noticed that on mine, oh and which phone?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Technical note for mobile phone users.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Discovered that when using a mobile phone with one of those cases that close with a magnetic flap...
It fxcks up the GPS and magnetic calibration every time. You need to recalibrate each time you open the app.
Which app? never noticed that on mine, oh and which phone?
Sky map (or any other astronomy app for free), using Android - specifically Nokia 7.0
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12554
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Technical note for mobile phone users.

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Discovered that when using a mobile phone with one of those cases that close with a magnetic flap...
It fxcks up the GPS and magnetic calibration every time. You need to recalibrate each time you open the app.
Which app? never noticed that on mine, oh and which phone?
Sky map (or any other astronomy app for free), using Android - specifically Nokia 7.0
Ah right, I used that app for a while and found it limited and not that accurate even using just the phone, found I prefer tracking aircraft these days :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest