Where are they now's

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Where are they now's

Post by Epitaph » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:11 am

Don't want to complain too much but all these 'Where are they now?' threads.. can't they have their own section in the forum, or even on the main page? I don't usually read these posts because I'm not too interested in what Franck Passi is doing with his life really, plus the threads take up a lot of the forum.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are they now's

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:34 am

Epitaph wrote:Don't want to complain too much but all these 'Where are they now?' threads.. can't they have their own section in the forum, or even on the main page? I don't usually read these posts because I'm not too interested in what Franck Passi is doing with his life really, plus the threads take up a lot of the forum.
Looking at the collection, they have between 10/20 replies and 300/400 views which surely justifies them being on the forum. I also think Sluffy has spread the out well, so as not to clutter the forum.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:36 am

second that. I do like reading them, but would prefer to see them all together listed in one section instead of all spread out in the forum.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:38 am

white blood wrote:second that. I do like reading them, but would prefer to see them all together listed in one section instead of all spread out in the forum.
If anything - it has been a bloody long and quiet pre-season with very little (apart from the usual gossip) to talk about, especially in The Trotters forum. As we get closer to the start of the season they will obviously reduce, as more topics and thread come to the fore.

Well, thats the theory, any road!
Smarties have answers.....

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 am

Epitaph wrote:Don't want to complain too much but all these 'Where are they now?' threads.. can't they have their own section in the forum, or even on the main page? I don't usually read these posts because I'm not too interested in what Franck Passi is doing with his life really, plus the threads take up a lot of the forum.
I'm sorry Epitaph if you don't like my 'Where are They Now's'.

The obvious answer is ignore them. I'm not sure how my 20 odd threads written over a year or so "take up a lot of the forum" like you say?

Several of the 'WATN's' I have written (including the last two) as a direct request of people asking What happened to so and so on a thread or PMing me.

Anyway the season is just around the corner now and as Bench say's we will soon have other things to write about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:36 am

It begs the question, Epitaph, what would you have in their place? Sluffy's done a superb job with this feature. Each to their own and that but I, amongst others clearly, am interested in what's become of our ex-players, particularly the ones that we had high hopes for.

Good work Sluffy, I say.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:46 am

I'M NOT THAT INTERESTED, AS WELL PRESENTED AS THEY ARE, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I LEARN OWT ANYWAY, COS I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW

EVEN THEN, THEYRE MUCH BETTER THAN PLENTY OF THE DRIVEL THAT GETS POSTED BY SOME OF THE HALFWITS ON HERE
Sto ut Serviam

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 am

they all start "where are they now" so it's hardly diffcult to avoid them if you don't want to read them is it??
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:53 am

communistworkethic wrote:they all start "where are they now" so it's hardly diffcult to avoid them if you don't want to read them is it??
HALFWITS, COMMIE

YOU'RE OVERESTIMATING THE HALFWITS
Sto ut Serviam

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:29 pm

sluffy wrote:[

I'm sorry Epitaph if you don't like my 'Where are They Now's'.
I don't mind them really, I was just saying because you do a lot maybe you could have your own section? Especially for people who want to read them all it would be easy to find them all.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:32 pm

has there been one for Franck Passi BTW?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:36 pm

white blood wrote:has there been one for Franck Passi BTW?
http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 434#137434
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:49 pm

taddy novak??

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Gerry Mcelhinny???

top row first on left, for the youngsters.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house