Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28257
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:59 pm
Unbelievable performance from city tonight. One of the all time great defensive performances from Dias. Never mind best since Rooney, Foden might be the best young English player in my lifetime. Has to start in the Euros.
He’s the best English player I’ve seen. Probably since Gazza and likely will be better than him as he’s (as far as I know) not on the piss and everything else.

When you say he has to start....the whole England side should be built around him full stop. Likes of Grealish etc aren’t fit to lace his boots. I’m sure there isn’t a single ounce of doubt about him starting every game because who on earth else would play ahead of him?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21115
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 04, 2021 11:29 pm

Yeah he's phenomenal. All the Stockport Iniesta stuff, but then he's somehow got properly quick over the last few years, more like a young Messi at the moment. Ludicrous first touch, at pace, added goals, performances in big games at that age. Hopefully he can stay fit and focused.

(And I'm a big Grealish fan btw, but it's Kane, Foden and one other).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28257
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:29 pm
Yeah he's phenomenal. All the Stockport Iniesta stuff, but then he's somehow got properly quick over the last few years, more like a young Messi at the moment. Ludicrous first touch, at pace, added goals, performances in big games at that age. Hopefully he can stay fit and focused.

(And I'm a big Grealish fan btw, but it's Kane, Foden and one other).
It’s a shame we’ve got Kane and not much else. Oh for the days of a Shearer or Lineker. Ah well.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36932
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 am

Throughout his time at Man City I've been a huge admirer of Sergio Aguero, I'd even go so far as to say I defy anyone not to be; however, few things have me shout "chuffed, serves you right you tosser" at the TV quite like seeing a player's dinked penalty kick being collected by a barely troubled keeper 😂
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 am
Throughout his time at Man City I've been a huge admirer of Sergio Aguero, I'd even go so far as to say I defy anyone not to be; however, few things have me shout "chuffed, serves you right you tosser" at the TV quite like seeing a player's dinked penalty kick being collected by a barely troubled keeper 😂

The fact the keeper started to go down, then casually stood up and caught it, made it all the more embarrassing. 😂

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21115
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 09, 2021 10:25 am

It was very funny, though I'm not sure it warranted his later actual statement apologising to his teammates, fans etc :lol:

I think you've got credit in the bank there, Sergio!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36932
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2021 11:39 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 am
Throughout his time at Man City I've been a huge admirer of Sergio Aguero, I'd even go so far as to say I defy anyone not to be; however, few things have me shout "chuffed, serves you right you tosser" at the TV quite like seeing a player's dinked penalty kick being collected by a barely troubled keeper 😂

The fact the keeper started to go down, then casually stood up and caught it, made it all the more embarrassing. 😂
And caught it one-handed at that :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25351
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:39 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 am
Throughout his time at Man City I've been a huge admirer of Sergio Aguero, I'd even go so far as to say I defy anyone not to be; however, few things have me shout "chuffed, serves you right you tosser" at the TV quite like seeing a player's dinked penalty kick being collected by a barely troubled keeper 😂

The fact the keeper started to go down, then casually stood up and caught it, made it all the more embarrassing. 😂
And caught it one-handed at that :lol:
About the only thing the keeper didn't do, was spin it on his index finger. Funny as fcuk.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat May 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Congratulations to Leicester City on their first FA Cup win. Superb winner from Tielemans and a couple of fantastic saves by Schmeichel. Helped out by VAR, but it’s Chelsea, so I’m a bit meh about that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28257
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Leicester played well. Just had the feel of an upset today although I guess only a minor one given their league positions.

But someone different winning it is always appreciated. And incredibly moving seeing their owners tears’ for his father at the end.

That save from Schmeichel is easily one of the best I’ve seen.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36932
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:47 pm
Congratulations to Leicester City on their first FA Cup win. Superb winner from Tielemans and a couple of fantastic saves by Schmeichel. Helped out by VAR, but it’s Chelsea, so I’m a bit meh about that.
And Jonny Evans limped off injured, the dirty fecking c*nt, so BONUS 😊
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7947
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am

Lovely to see Leicester win it, not a fan of Vardy, but as a club otherwise I like them. Did you see how they celebrated with their owner too? Real affection for him, can’t see that sort of thing happening at certain other clubs I could mention 😬.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28257
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 16, 2021 8:15 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am
Lovely to see Leicester win it, not a fan of Vardy, but as a club otherwise I like them. Did you see how they celebrated with their owner too? Real affection for him, can’t see that sort of thing happening at certain other clubs I could mention 😬.
How can you not be a fan of Vardy? He’s the literal definition of rags to riches, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:15 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am
Lovely to see Leicester win it, not a fan of Vardy, but as a club otherwise I like them. Did you see how they celebrated with their owner too? Real affection for him, can’t see that sort of thing happening at certain other clubs I could mention 😬.
How can you not be a fan of Vardy? He’s the literal definition of rags to riches, Roy of the Rovers stuff.
Probably because he turned Arsenal down and scores against them. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7947
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:15 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am
Lovely to see Leicester win it, not a fan of Vardy, but as a club otherwise I like them. Did you see how they celebrated with their owner too? Real affection for him, can’t see that sort of thing happening at certain other clubs I could mention 😬.
How can you not be a fan of Vardy? He’s the literal definition of rags to riches, Roy of the Rovers stuff.
Probably because he turned Arsenal down and scores against them. 😉
I actually respected his loyalty turning us down tbh but he does always score against us and just comes across as a cocky so and so.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21115
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 pm

I love the little scally.

One of the silver linings of the panny-d has been hearing what is shouted in the pitch. Realising how Sunday league some of it is "box em in" or my favourite, keepers shouting "away" at corners (thanks keeps).

But two highlights: Rob Holding, after giving away a soft free kick to Adama Traore shouting "how's he gone down like that, he's built like a brick shithouse?!" And Jamie Vardy as he got booted up in the air on the half way line in the cup semi shouting "you silly BASTARD"
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7947
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 pm
I love the little scally.

One of the silver linings of the panny-d has been hearing what is shouted in the pitch. Realising how Sunday league some of it is "box em in" or my favourite, keepers shouting "away" at corners (thanks keeps).

But two highlights: Rob Holding, after giving away a soft free kick to Adama Traore shouting "how's he gone down like that, he's built like a brick shithouse?!" And Jamie Vardy as he got booted up in the air on the half way line in the cup semi shouting "you silly BASTARD"
Arsenal have had some ‘open mic’ vids on fb recently where they’ve trailed a player throughout the match and transcribed what s/he’s said, which have been really interesting, though sadly they leave most of the rude stuff out!

However, my favourite moment that way remains from the end of last season, Emi Martinez as Luiz tried to go up for the corner: "David! David! No! Where the f*ck are you going?!" :lol:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 pm
I love the little scally.

One of the silver linings of the panny-d has been hearing what is shouted in the pitch. Realising how Sunday league some of it is "box em in" or my favourite, keepers shouting "away" at corners (thanks keeps).

But two highlights: Rob Holding, after giving away a soft free kick to Adama Traore shouting "how's he gone down like that, he's built like a brick shithouse?!" And Jamie Vardy as he got booted up in the air on the half way line in the cup semi shouting "you silly BASTARD"

I’ve enjoyed the goal cam videos the club has put out, leaving all of the swearing in. One keeper screaming ‘’feck offfff’ as we scored a late winner and various yells of ‘Get the feck in’ as we scored most goals. My personal fave was the kid behind the goal at Crawley, shouting ‘unlucky, Morris. Keep on trying’ after our 4th goal went in. 😂

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/goddardinho/status/ ... 17665?s=21[/tweet]

I don’t know if this will work (probably not), as I’m useless at this sort of thing, but this is fecking glorious! 😂

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36932
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm
[tweet]https://twitter.com/goddardinho/status/ ... 17665?s=21[/tweet]

I don’t know if this will work (probably not), as I’m useless at this sort of thing, but this is fecking glorious! 😂
I'd keep VAR specifically for tvvats like him. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests