ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 pm

Bench wrote:Hardly. 'Certain people' on this board have merely pointed out that nothing official has yet been confirmed.

He may end up at Newcastle. 'Officially' he isn't. Yet anyway.
Feeble.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue May 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Remarkable response.

Point out the flaws in my post and we'll take it from there. :roll:
Smarties have answers.....

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Bench wrote:Remarkable response.

Point out the flaws in my post and we'll take it from there. :roll:
I'm losing the will to live. Why not just take down the entire thread if you're not convinced. Better still take down the entire site if this is the standard of 'debate'. It's tedious.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue May 08, 2007 8:39 pm

You chastise for people for not reading posts properly and then do the same thing yourself.

I've never said I that I don't believe he'll go to Newcastle. I've merely pointed out that it hasn't been officially announced. And no, it being suggested on 5 Live isn't an official announcement.

Personally, I think he will go to Newcastle. Last time a role was offered there it was 'right offer wrong time'. I doubt Sam would turn it down twice.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:47 pm

Bench wrote:You chastise for people for not reading posts properly and then do the same thing yourself.

I've never said I that I don't believe he'll go to Newcastle. I've merely pointed out that it hasn't been officially announced. And no, it being suggested on 5 Live isn't an official announcement.

Personally, I think he will go to Newcastle. Last time a role was offered there it was 'right offer wrong time'. I doubt Sam would turn it down twice.
Repeating the drivel posted by the other tedious point-scorer earlier today doesn't add anything to the debate. No matter how many times you repeat it.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue May 08, 2007 8:48 pm

:roll:

little sam commando
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by little sam commando » Tue May 08, 2007 8:50 pm

Read my first post in newbies you may learn something! and stop jumping the bloody gun.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue May 08, 2007 8:52 pm

little sam commando wrote:Read my first post in newbies you may learn something! and stop jumping the bloody gun.
Seams you've come on a mission?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 pm

If Sam goes to Newcastle I'll show my butt in Woolies! Now that doesn't go for Chelski. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue May 08, 2007 11:09 pm

One thing that seems to have been missed in this "debate" is the Freddie Shepherd factor. If/when Allardyce takes up the position at Newcastle, he'll have to deal with one of the most interventionist and egotistical chairmen in football. Which is saying a lot. Never mind the job he'll have to do on the team (buying an entirely new defence and at least one or two more midfielders, along with another striker, as well as keeping the likes of Owen, Parker and Dyer fit, and getting Dyer to play consistently well, as opposed to in flashes), he'll have to deal with Shepherd. And his over-estimation of where Newcastle should be. Do you think he (and, indeed, the Geordie public) will settle for UEFA Cup qualification? If he doesn't qualify for the champions league within 2-3 seasons, he'll be out on his ear and the next poor sap will be in. And I would suggest that Newcastle lack the wherewithal to consistently challenge the top four, let alone the top two - maybe a season of finishing fourth if Arsenal or Liverpool have an off-year.
None of which, of course, means he won't take the job - I suspect he will - merely that it's rather more of a poisoned chalice than has been recognised so far.
Oh, and Shay Given is too small to be a top class 'keeper....

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue May 08, 2007 11:09 pm

This is useless but I found it hilarious.

Geordie fan on Your on Sky sports saying how he wants Big Sam. Disagrees about Bolton playing negative football saying they have had flair players like Okocha, Youri and wait for it.... Gardner.. the winger. :doh:

Then Steve Claridge proceeds to say Newcastle deserve success. No one deserves success you plonker, you earn it.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue May 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Daxter wrote:This is useless but I found it hilarious.

Geordie fan on Your on Sky sports saying how he wants Big Sam. Disagrees about Bolton playing negative football saying they have had flair players like Okocha, Youri and wait for it.... Gardner.. the winger. :doh:

Then Steve Claridge proceeds to say Newcastle deserve success. No one deserves success you plonker, you earn it.
I think that maybe a little before you're time!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue May 08, 2007 11:18 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Daxter wrote:This is useless but I found it hilarious.

I think that maybe a little before you're time!
:conf:

No, of course I know Ricky started off as winger and was converted to a left back.

It's just now been, what 3 or 4 years since he played as a winger and converted into a high quality premiership left back.

And he isn't really a player you would associate with 'flair'.
Last edited by Daxter on Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Re: ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

Post by Little Green Man » Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote: what and miss out on his avatars, which by the way commie is due an update
According to Wikipedia, his latest avatarlet is older than me!

:shock:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 am

aye I think a period of "MILF" is required.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed May 09, 2007 8:10 am

it'll do for me

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 09, 2007 9:23 am

Puskas wrote:One thing that seems to have been missed in this "debate" is the Freddie Shepherd factor. If/when Allardyce takes up the position at Newcastle, he'll have to deal with one of the most interventionist and egotistical chairmen in football. Which is saying a lot. Never mind the job he'll have to do on the team (buying an entirely new defence and at least one or two more midfielders, along with another striker, as well as keeping the likes of Owen, Parker and Dyer fit, and getting Dyer to play consistently well, as opposed to in flashes), he'll have to deal with Shepherd. And his over-estimation of where Newcastle should be. Do you think he (and, indeed, the Geordie public) will settle for UEFA Cup qualification? If he doesn't qualify for the champions league within 2-3 seasons, he'll be out on his ear and the next poor sap will be in. And I would suggest that Newcastle lack the wherewithal to consistently challenge the top four, let alone the top two - maybe a season of finishing fourth if Arsenal or Liverpool have an off-year.
None of which, of course, means he won't take the job - I suspect he will - merely that it's rather more of a poisoned chalice than has been recognised so far.
Oh, and Shay Given is too small to be a top class 'keeper....
He's taller than Kevin Rose!

You're damn right about Shepherd - it's plainly obvious that Newcastle need to work on their defence but he's the type of nurk that wants to form the Geordie galacticos and with a potentially unpopular appointment like Allardyce he'll probably push Allardyce to make a "sexy signing" to distract the fans (well, they are Magpies, attracted to shiny things).

Mind you it's in the papers this morning that Owen has a £9m escape clause in the event of not reaching Europe. Wonder if his absence would change Allardyce's mind? Wonder if I even care any more?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed May 09, 2007 9:40 am

Blue sky complete rose tinted possibility for toon:
Sam gets the best out of flop Bramble
Develops Taylor to top centre half and stops him holding his stomach when he handballs
Gets Steven Carr to serve the club until he’s 43
Turns Parker shit and constantly bleats about his lack of England chances
Turns Emre from niggly controversial racist nice person to one of countrys top midfielders
Makes James Milner a team player
Uses Sibierski as long ball target
Has Owen running around waiting to pounce at the next corner

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am

Gravedigger wrote:If Sam goes to Newcastle I'll show my butt in Woolies! Now that doesn't go for Chelski. 8)
Which branch ?

What time ?

I said, many moons ago (ha !!), that if Terry Waite got out of Lebanon alive I'd show my arse from the Town-Hall steps.

So, one Friday night at around 11pm, there was I on the top step, between the lions all prepared when 2 cops strolled around. I hesitated a bit ... & then one shouted "go, on ... what was this bet then ?". I said & they invited me to proceed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed May 09, 2007 12:18 pm

If Sam went up there and played Owen as he plays Anelka it would be a disaster...

If he's planning on keeping the same style of play (remember he once said 4-4-2 was dead) I don't think he'd shed any tears about his departure.

Plus the saving of about £80k p/w and £9m in the coffers would give him some extra money to spend.