Dirty, dirty Leeds

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:30 pm

seems like the Inland Revenue are not the pushovers that the League are

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6266508.stm

serves them right

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:38 pm

what happens to 'em now? they are certainly f*cked for signing players at the moment, which given their squad size isn't brilliant...

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Plus they can't flog Healy or Nicholls til this row is sorted, so thats £1.5m they can't touch

:lol:

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:12 am

They might go the same way as Leeds City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_City_F.C.

:roll:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:45 pm

Just spoken to David Conn. He reckons Bates might just be out by next week; if he can't play the game his way, he'll take the ball home, even if it means the club folding for lack of alternative investment.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:53 pm

InsaneApache wrote:They might go the same way as Leeds City.

Didn't know about them - financial irregularities, eh? Must be the water.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Just spoken to David Conn. He reckons Bates might just be out by next week; if he can't play the game his way, he'll take the ball home, even if it means the club folding for lack of alternative investment.
I'm impressed - I know you are a journalist - but is David Conn a mate of yours?

I still think his book is the best I football book I have read in donkey's years!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:38 pm

"it seems HM Revenue & Customs, which is owed £7.7m in unpaid taxes, was far from happy."

And do you know from where the bulk of this tax debt stems? It's from Mr Bates and his oiks not paying the player's PAYE. Shite players on vast sums of money maybe, but the crooked feck* hasn't paid their dues, and do you know who'll have to make up that shortfall? Aye, me and thee!
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:33 pm

InsaneApache wrote:They might go the same way as Leeds City.

Who I can confirm are plying their trade!! I have a mate who plays for them

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:16 am

no link between the current leedscity fc and the old one

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:15 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:53 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6277752.stm

we can only hope
We can only hope what? Why? H?

The only thing that I hope is that the utter slimeball that is Ken Bates, who thinks he can go around picking up football clubs for nowt, and then selling them for top dollar after he's declared them bankrupt, oh yes, I'd love to see that fecker sink for every penny of the £35m that he owes, but do you really want to see Leeds Utd go out of business the same way as Aldershot, or Newport County? I don't. If that's what they've got coming to them then so be it, I just don't understand anyone wanting to see football supporters being deprived of their club. How short is your memory? How old were you when the diggers turned up to dig out half of the Embankment? :conf:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: We can only hope what? Why? H?

The only thing that I hope is that the utter slimeball that is Ken Bates, who thinks he can go around picking up football clubs for nowt, and then selling them for top dollar after he's declared them bankrupt, oh yes, I'd love to see that fecker sink for every penny of the £35m that he owes, but do you really want to see Leeds Utd go out of business the same way as Aldershot, or Newport County? I don't. If that's what they've got coming to them then so be it, I just don't understand anyone wanting to see football supporters being deprived of their club. How short is your memory? How old were you when the diggers turned up to dig out half of the Embankment? :conf:
its been sed on here before , but no other club give a shit about bwfc when we were selling off half the stand or trying to get round gambling rules to set up a lottery , to fund our own survival .. so why should we care ? ..

they spent money they never had , the cheating bastards .. and theyre paying for it now . i'd get me violin out if i had one ..

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:32 pm

All together now...

Leeds Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds...
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:01 pm

a1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: We can only hope what? Why? H?

its been sed on here before , but no other club give a shit about bwfc when we were selling off half the stand or trying to get round gambling rules to set up a lottery , to fund our own survival .. so why should we care ? ..

they spent money they never had , the cheating bastards .. and theyre paying for it now . i'd get me violin out if i had one ..
Picking what I can from your usual mumbo jumbo, I again say, if that's what Leeds have got coming to them, then so be it, but why the glee? For me, if there is any enjoyment then it's seeing an utter, utter nice person, straight out of the Robert Maxwell school, that thinks that he can run his extravagancies in the hope of handsome profit, yet if it goes wrong then you and I will foot the bill. Seeing Bates fail is actually a victory for you and I, absolutely. However, seeing lifelong Leeds fans lose their club is every bit as much a tragedy as seeing Scarborough disappear down the pan is to their fans. We're football fans, one and all. There are nice people about that want to abuse us. Ken Bates is top of that tree. Not only as football supporters, but as tax payers too.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:20 pm

What about the people owed money? They would be the real losers.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Picking what I can from your usual mumbo jumbo, I again say, if that's what Leeds have got coming to them, then so be it, but why the glee? For me, if there is any enjoyment then it's seeing an utter, utter tw*t, straight out of the Robert Maxwell school, that thinks that he can run his extravagancies in the hope of handsome profit, yet if it goes wrong then you and I will foot the bill. Seeing Bates fail is actually a victory for you and I, absolutely. However, seeing lifelong Leeds fans lose their club is every bit as much a tragedy as seeing Scarborough disappear down the pan is to their fans. We're football fans, one and all. There are tw*ts about that want to abuse us. Ken Bates is top of that tree. Not only as football supporters, but as tax payers too.
glee ? theres no glee .. but it serves them right - from ken bates , to risdale , their shithead fans if they have them, nice people like rodney marsh who dont give two shits when bury are in the mire but when a 'big club (when rod were playing)' thinks too big and goes wrong - then i'm supposed to be arsed ?

theres a difference between not being arsed and glee ..

if 1 penny no 8 pence in the pound bates is tryna feck over 'me' out of 'my' £ 7.7million , i'd rather spend 14million making sure he loses out .. the conning bastard .

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:12 am

again in amongst the mumbojumbo - the majority of peope involved in Leeds United are the fans, ordinary people like Bolton fans, like one of colleagues' 7-year old son. If you can't have some sypathy or empathy even for them, then there's something not right with you.

As it is, there are at least 2 possible buyers. Selling the club will see those owed money have a greater chance of getting their money back. It should also see scumbag Bates take a lot less out of it all.
Last edited by communistworkethic on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:09 am

thanks for the heartstring tugging. course i have sympathy with the every day fan. that would be the 18,000 or so that stood by them in Championship. but for me Leeds will be another of those "massive" clubs who thought they were above it all - and they've well and truly had their aura burst over the last season and a bit.

no doubting mistakes have been made at the top level, but even worse than that - isn't risdale still in football somewhere now?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
no doubting mistakes have been made at the top level, but even worse than that - isn't risdale still in football somewhere now?
Good point. I could be mistaken but I think he's at Cardiff, having got there via Barnsley (who's supporters didn't seem to care for him a right lot).