Women's World Cup

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I notice the England quarter final was cancelled bacause of a bit of rain - typical of the womens game, few drops of water and they're worried about thei hair-dos
:D
I gather it was a typhoon. Our game (Canada) was put off until today and we got knocked out when the Aussies scored a 92nd minute equalizer. :(
tsk MW - you're spoiling the effect....my missus went ape when I mentioned that they'd let a bit o rain put em off....

How do you get knocked out by the Aussies scoring and equalizer btw? did it go extra time and pens?
No it's a group table and the top two teams go forward. If we had won we finish second, but a tie dropped us to third. Norway won the group. Just like the first stage of the men.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I notice the England quarter final was cancelled bacause of a bit of rain - typical of the womens game, few drops of water and they're worried about thei hair-dos
:D
I gather it was a typhoon. Our game (Canada) was put off until today and we got knocked out when the Aussies scored a 92nd minute equalizer. :(
tsk MW - you're spoiling the effect....my missus went ape when I mentioned that they'd let a bit o rain put em off....

How do you get knocked out by the Aussies scoring and equalizer btw? did it go extra time and pens?
No it's a group table and the top two teams go forward. If we had won we finish second, but a tie dropped us to third. Norway won the group. Just like the first stage of the men.
TY :oops:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 am

One up with five to go and then devastated by an injury time equaliser. I feel for your team, Monty.

Hang on, I've got to find my pet crocodile . . . Ah, there he is:

*cries* :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:01 pm

Dujon wrote:One up with five to go and then devastated by an injury time equaliser. I feel for your team, Monty.

Hang on, I've got to find my pet crocodile . . . Ah, there he is:

*cries* :wink:
Thanks, Mr. Dundee.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:43 am

Women's World Cup quarter-final today. USA v England. Live on BBC1 from 1.00pm after Football Focus.

Should be a full house and a great atmosphere if the other games involving England are anything to go by. Chance to switch-off and enjoy some football without the pressure of Premier League points at stake.

There might be some comedy goalkeeping, although from what i've seen so far both keepers are fairly decent, an added bonus is that the U.S. keeper is one of the fittest players in the tournament, although that's not too difficult given some of the mingers turning out for other teams.

Finally, if England's number 15 gets a game you will witness the worst haircut to grace a football pitch since Chris Waddle in Italia 90!

Sold?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:45 am

i thought they were playing Samoa today...

ps - that joke doesn't go down well in sale

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:05 pm

USA 3 England 0. Just about right really. England have an attack that couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Good performance by the two central defenders especially Fay White who suffered a broken nose after being elbowed in the face. She got her own back by kicking the perpetrator in the fanny just before half-time.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 pm

British fanny or American fanny (slang I mean, not minge)