Who wants Scotland to win?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Great effort, sadly another victim falls to the rigged qualifiers. Say hello to another boring tournament.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:42 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Great effort, sadly another victim falls to the rigged qualifiers. Say hello to another boring tournament.
But a potentially 'easier' draw for the World Cup Qualifying - every cloud and all that.

At least, that's how I'm trying to look at it but I'm devastated about tonight's result and will be having a good few Bell's before the morning comes.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:53 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Great effort, sadly another victim falls to the rigged qualifiers. Say hello to another boring tournament.

:roll:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:07 pm

scottishlad wrote:his may very well be from a Tennents ad, but its the most passionate thing I've read in a while. Bring on the Georgia!!

Hope is knowing that football fans, like the scarves we wear, are made to be lifted up.

Because our greatest glory consists not in falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius said that. Or was it Russell Anderson?

Like Hampdens fearsome roar, hope arouses a passion for the possible. It helps us achieve the unthinkable - Scotland 1 France 0

We can live 40 days without food, 3 days without water and 8 minutes without air. We can live 4 days in the Ukraine without changing our replica shirts. But we cannot live 1 second without hope.

Hope is not caring if we lose every game, as long as we top the group.

Hope is calculating that we only need 6 points from our last two games, provided the Faroes hold Italy and Ukraine beat France by 2 clear goals.

And hope is pricing flights from Glasgow to Zurich "just in case."

But most of all, hope is like a path in the country - there never was a path but when many of us walk the same ground, the path comes into exsistance.

This is the path we follow.

Wherever it takes us, whatever it takes us.

BRING IT ON....PROUD TO BE SCOTTISH

Edit+ The mighty hibees are doing good too!
awwww man :(

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:07 pm

what are you on about now?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:15 pm

James B wrote:
scottishlad wrote:his may very well be from a Tennents ad, but its the most passionate thing I've read in a while. Bring on the Georgia!!

Hope is knowing that football fans, like the scarves we wear, are made to be lifted up.

Because our greatest glory consists not in falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius said that. Or was it Russell Anderson?

Like Hampdens fearsome roar, hope arouses a passion for the possible. It helps us achieve the unthinkable - Scotland 1 France 0

We can live 40 days without food, 3 days without water and 8 minutes without air. We can live 4 days in the Ukraine without changing our replica shirts. But we cannot live 1 second without hope.

Hope is not caring if we lose every game, as long as we top the group.

Hope is calculating that we only need 6 points from our last two games, provided the Faroes hold Italy and Ukraine beat France by 2 clear goals.

And hope is pricing flights from Glasgow to Zurich "just in case."

But most of all, hope is like a path in the country - there never was a path but when many of us walk the same ground, the path comes into exsistance.

This is the path we follow.

Wherever it takes us, whatever it takes us.

BRING IT ON....PROUD TO BE SCOTTISH

Edit+ The mighty hibees are doing good too!
awwww man :(
still shit though

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Que? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

libreg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by libreg » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:46 pm

ehh, I was rooting for Scotland :(
Yeah.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:55 pm

libreg wrote:ehh, I was rooting for Scotland :(
Me too - the atmosphere at hampden makes wembley sound like gigg lane.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:04 pm

the atmosphere ANYWHERE makes wembley sound like gigg lane

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Batman wrote:the atmosphere ANYWHERE makes wembley sound like gigg lane
Yeah but in general, the result's the same as Gigg Lane at Hampden - away win.....