McClaren Out !!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Are you obsessed with full backs?

And hasn't he been playing 2 centre backs as full backs ala O'Neill for most of the season anyways?
No, on both counts. Are you obsessed with Martin O'Neill? And have you done any research at all which turns up evidence that either Corluka or Garrido - 13 appearances each for City - are primarily centre-backs? Oh look, there's a hat-trick of No.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: England at the Euros

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah but at least we'll give the Scots and Welsh sommat to cheer about!
That's true - as I was writing it I could imagine Fatshaft's face creasing into an almighty grin!! :mrgreen: like that but possibly less green

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: England at the Euros

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah but at least we'll give the Scots and Welsh sommat to cheer about!
That's true - as I was writing it I could imagine Fatshaft's face creasing into an almighty grin!! :mrgreen: like that but possibly less green
Oh they're waiting for it, believe me :D

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:11 pm

so it's fair to say we completely don't give a shit about us qualifying or not :conf:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 pm

dunno, gives you an extra reason to go to the pub during the summer doesn't it?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:20 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:so it's fair to say we completely don't give a shit about us qualifying or not :conf:
I torn right down the middle.
Want to qualify because it'll be shit next summer if England aren't there however not going through would see the back of old redface and probably give the team a well deserved kick up the arse too.

So in summary....no we don't give a shit either way.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:21 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:so it's fair to say we completely don't give a shit about us qualifying or not :conf:
Oh I want us to - quite fancy another trip and as CWE says it's excuse for summer boozin' - but I'll try not to get my hopes above "qualifying from the group" or my expectations above "not getting f*cked in every game"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:not going through would see the back of old redface and probably give the team a well deserved kick up the arse too.
Sadly I doubt it, my equine chum. If they win it's their glory, if they lose it's the manager's fault. This is the kind of blame-free cosseted head-in-clouds existence which is encouraged when a certain London-based recently-recalled midfielder is referred to, as a nickname, by his agent, to his face, as "Super".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:not going through would see the back of old redface and probably give the team a well deserved kick up the arse too.
Sadly I doubt it, my equine chum. If they win it's their glory, if they lose it's the manager's fault. This is the kind of blame-free cosseted head-in-clouds existence which is encouraged when a certain London-based recently-recalled midfielder is referred to, as a nickname, by his agent, to his face, as "Super".
Or pehaps when a certain Scouse midfielder who has in my opinion had about 15 good minutes on a pitch whilst playing for England and the rest of the time been anonymous at best is described as a "world class player" and we build a midfield to let him "play".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:11 pm

:shock:
You mean they've just recalled Sir Trevor Brooking..... :wink:

My prediction for tonight: A long drawn out stalemated 0-0 with England having just 2 attempts at goal, 0 on target. :|
Businesswoman of the year.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:41 pm

England 3-1 Croatia.

I would love us to win.

I'd also love Norn Iron to win as well but can't see it meself.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Or pehaps when a certain Scouse midfielder who has in my opinion had about 15 good minutes on a pitch whilst playing for England and the rest of the time been anonymous at best is described as a "world class player" and we build a midfield to let him "play".
Hahaha, get a hold of yourself. How many times has he been shoehorned into the 'holding role' to allow Lampard to be the one who goes forward? How often have they thrown him on the right or left to accommodate others in the same team?

All I care about tonight is Gerrard not getting injured, couldn't give a flying ratfuck about the result.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:11 pm

blurred wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Or pehaps when a certain Scouse midfielder who has in my opinion had about 15 good minutes on a pitch whilst playing for England and the rest of the time been anonymous at best is described as a "world class player" and we build a midfield to let him "play".
Hahaha, get a hold of yourself. How many times has he been shoehorned into the 'holding role' to allow Lampard to be the one who goes forward? How often have they thrown him on the right or left to accommodate others in the same team?

All I care about tonight is Gerrard not getting injured, couldn't give a flying ratfuck about the result.
How often has Lampard had to defend because Gerrard has "wandered off" and is nowhere to be seen.

Or let me ask a more pertinent question......

How many good games has Gerrard had for England?

Answer honestly.

Its a lot less than Lampard has.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:16 pm

If I may interject. EN-GER-LUND EN-GER-LUND-EN-GER-LUND, EN-GER-LUND EN-GER-LUND EN-GER-LUND repeat til fade..........

durham_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by durham_wanderer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Id much prefer england losing but all the Man Utd players getting injured and so are out of saturdays game, rather than england winning.

Couldnt give a toss about internationals really

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:45 pm

durham_wanderer wrote:Id much prefer england losing but all the Man Utd players getting injured and so are out of saturdays game, rather than england winning.

Couldnt give a toss about internationals really
Tournaments don't feel the same when we're not in them so...... Come on England!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Or pehaps when a certain Scouse midfielder who has in my opinion had about 15 good minutes on a pitch whilst playing for England and the rest of the time been anonymous at best is described as a "world class player" and we build a midfield to let him "play".

Amen to that!!

Have wanted to say that for years, never had the balls too, as everyone seems to think he's so amazing.

Because, from whatever angle I watch from (usually behind the sofa or watching the wall-paper dry if its England), I just can't see it.

ps my brother-in-law agrees with me so thats at least 3 of us :pissed:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Make that four.

Never fails to baffle me the stick that Lampard gets when playing for England compared to Stevie G, he's been one of our better (if not the best) players over the past few years. He had a shit world cup (Gerrard hardly ripped up German forests either), but he was our top scorer in qualifying, and voted Englands player of the year two years on the bounce before that. If any, he's the one we should build a midfield around.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Batman wrote:i reckon he'll play crouch on his own, and Gerrard as the 'support striker'

5 in midfield

boring or what
Can't see it. Trying a new formation against Croatia didn't work out too well last time, he's at home in front of a newly-expectant audience, we need to win (although a draw would do, playing for draws isn't England's strong suit), Darren Bent has been called up and I can't think of a single game where Gerrard, who loves coming on to the game like Captain Hollywood rather than playing with his back to goal, has ever played well in that role.

Still, let's hope we win. Not least to avoid the possibility of this. "McClaren out", was that? Again, be careful what you wish for...
i was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Amen to that!!

Have wanted to say that for years, never had the balls too, as everyone seems to think he's so amazing.

Because, from whatever angle I watch from (usually behind the sofa or watching the wall-paper dry if its England), I just can't see it.

ps my brother-in-law agrees with me so thats at least 3 of us :pissed:
I think Gerrard is a very good player. But he doesn't play well internationally.

Perhaps because his game is suited to drifiting in and out and picking the ball up every so often and driving at a defence. But we aren't good enough to have a midifield with a player that isn't always influencing the game. Lampard is a better short and long passer than Gerrard. He is economical whereas Gerrard is more about energy.

Facts are Gerrard hasn't really performed for England. Lampard has albeit not recently.

Having said all that with my luck Gerrard will have a stormer tonight.