Allardyce is a complete failure, let's all laugh at him.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm

You can see it more than ever now how much BSA puts himself ahead of the club...the amount of I's and my's he uses is a bit ridiculous. Geordies aren't liking it one week.

Now he's at a club where fans demand success and the results aren't...if he makes it through Christmas I'll be surprised.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm

how typical of this 'funny old game' we all love would it be for allardyce to get the win he needs tomorrow. He made his reputation, to a certain degree, getting victories off wengers lot.

There - I've said it, so it won't happen!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:58 pm

It was mentioned here and elsewhere that the barcodes wouldn't put up with our seasonal 5 game losing streak and it seems to be true. If they can only hold on for another couple of games I think they'll push on for a European spot at the end of the season.

The man's an arsehole, but not the manager.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

SuperWhiteWarrior
Promising
Promising

Post by SuperWhiteWarrior » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 pm

I though Big Sam would of done well at Newcastle, with all the signings they had over the summer. But I wish Big Sam had stayed at the reebok
Where The One And Only Wanderers

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm

He had to go. He didn't care about Bolton anymore, wasn't interested in the global searches for bargain players that brought us our success, and was simply out of ideas as far as tactics were concerned. 17 points in 2007 would have gotten anyone else the sack. Which is why I still think he was destined for failure at Newcastle. He was on the longest leash of all the managers in the league at Bolton, which was never going to happen at St. James.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:39 pm

STILL digging at us even now, just live on Sky Sports...

"At Bolton we didn't have the kinds of players we have here. The players at Bolton played physical against Arsenal..."

Hang on you nice person, you were the manager...YOU told them how to play...Jesus. Never your fault is it Sam, never.

Endless respect for him for doing what he did for us, but take the responsibility your wage demands mate.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:54 pm

0-1 already

geordies looking up for it so far though

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:07 pm

Arsenal will win this nice and easy.

Newcastle can not defend and Arsenal are the ones to exploit it. Have to admire what Wengers done there long term of course, but this season no one was really expecting them to challenge.

Allardyce to be sacked tomorrow I reckon.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:17 pm

Daxter wrote:Arsenal will win this nice and easy.

Newcastle can not defend and Arsenal are the ones to exploit it. Have to admire what Wengers done there long term of course, but this season no one was really expecting them to challenge.

only if it's a hatful

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:24 pm

fatshaft wrote:
Daxter wrote:Arsenal will win this nice and easy.

only if it's a hatful
It depends, even more, what the 'fans' reaction is. THAT will largely depend on how the team plays ... more than the result per-se, especally against Arsenal.

If they decide to go for him Ashley will have no option but show him the door.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Seems like they're putting up a fight, Taylor just headed off the post. If they put up a spirited fight and lose 1-0 he'll keep his job, but if they capitulate and lose 3-0 or worse then I think he's gone.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:If they decide to go for him Ashley will have no option but show him the door.
or he could just use the sensible option and at least give him the next 4 (very winnable) matches, or even the season for some stability if he wants

newcastle fans can't possibly moan so far, they are doing what they should, trying to rattle arsenal physically and having a couple of sniffs at goal with it, they are only behind due to a fantastic finish

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:29 pm

They are playing OK the Geordie's but I fancy Arsenal to end it up winning by at least three by the end of it.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Daxter wrote:They are playing OK the Geordie's but I fancy Arsenal to end it up winning by at least three by the end of it.
no chance unless they really switch it on second half

they have been poor, they miss hleb and fabregas badly

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Much as I've come to quite dispise the man, it also illustrates the level of delusion of the Geordies. They're 11th but they think they should be top 4 and now they're calling for fat-boy's head. So they've chopped and changed for years and it's got them feck all, and yet they still demand instant success because they are "the best fans in the world". Which is frankly bollocks, they're the most fickle, mislead and overfed bunch about.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

NumptyNumbNuts
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NumptyNumbNuts » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Aye, but as fickle as they are they keep turning up in huge numbers regardless of the tripe being dished up so i guess they're entitled to a bit of a grumble....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:25 pm

But they're half the fecking problem!! Not one of them's got half a fecking brain, yet the board spunk good money after bad to keep the fat shirtless feckers "happy" - it seems they're only happy when they're whingeing that they've won feck all for 50 years and getting the meneger sacked!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 pm

NumptyNumbNuts wrote:Aye, but as fickle as they are they keep turning up in huge numbers regardless of the tripe being dished up so i guess they're entitled to a bit of a grumble....
I'm beginning to believe that the only reason that they show up is so that they can grumble. They'll be fecked if they ever do get within an arms length of actually achieving anything.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
NumptyNumbNuts wrote:Aye, but as fickle as they are they keep turning up in huge numbers regardless of the tripe being dished up so i guess they're entitled to a bit of a grumble....
I'm beginning to believe that the only reason that they show up is so that they can grumble. They'll be fecked if they ever do get within an arms length of actually achieving anything.
how is this different to yer average BWFC-er ?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
how is this different to yer average BWFC-er ?
Speak for yourself, my friend. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way