Keegan appointed Newcastle manager

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm

I just feel sorry for all those Geordies that spent a fortune getting their Keegan tattoos removed

:lol:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm

that's just the women

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Heart ruling head ... then again, their heads aren't up to much anyway.

Tossers.

"KEEGAN OUT !!"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Agree with most sentiments

Good for a laugh but he couldn't wish for a better first match

ahhhh well, them crazy geordies ey? They all live so far in the past shell suits haven't been invented yet

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 am

Batman wrote:that's just the women
Not sure that's quite true Batty. There's many a geordie lass still sporting a KK mullet,,,,big 'n' bushy

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 am

Batman wrote:Some Geordie prick on BBC just said "glad we've got a true Geordie in"

erm, that 'proper Geordie' is from Doncaster......
You missed the best one on 606 - "Look at the difference he's made already, all he had to do was go into the dressing room say a few words, and we get a performance like that!"

He didn't even arrive at the ground until 20 minutes into the game you dumb prick! :crazy:

Penny
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Penny » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:53 am

This has to be the funniest appointment of the year. I can't decide what is best the Mr Shrewd businessman Ashley is numb enough to appoint a shot manager like Keegan or that the fans think its the messiah returning and everything will be rosey in the garden now. Wonder if its too late to get a bet on Newcastle winning the Champions League this season ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:00 am

Penny wrote:This has to be the funniest appointment of the year. I can't decide what is best the Mr Shrewd businessman Ashley is numb enough to appoint a shot manager like Keegan or that the fans think its the messiah returning and everything will be rosey in the garden now. Wonder if its too late to get a bet on Newcastle winning the Champions League this season ?
8:1 best odds I've found on that! :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 am

fatshaft wrote:
Batman wrote:Some Geordie prick on BBC just said "glad we've got a true Geordie in"

erm, that 'proper Geordie' is from Doncaster......
You missed the best one on 606 - "Look at the difference he's made already, all he had to do was go into the dressing room say a few words, and we get a performance like that!"

He didn't even arrive at the ground until 20 minutes into the game you dumb prick! :crazy:
Hang on mate, they were playing the mighty........er, Stoke.. :shock:

Er, here's a good bit for starters then. :mrgreen:

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1 ... 31,00.html
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:33 am

Keegan "I Understand the Toon".

Aye they're a bunch of deluded, self important, brainless pricks.

Glad that you feel at home amongst them Kev!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:34 am

Classic pic in the Mero today. A ten year old kid waving a banner "We're in Heaven, we got Kevin". Ten years old? He'll be lucky if he ever heard of him before yesterday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Classic pic in the Mero today. A ten year old kid waving a banner "We're in Heaven, we got Kevin". Ten years old? He'll be lucky if he ever heard of him before yesterday.
His dad will have told him that Keegan was there when Newcastle won the world cup.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Classic pic in the Mero today. A ten year old kid waving a banner "We're in Heaven, we got Kevin". Ten years old? He'll be lucky if he ever heard of him before yesterday.
His dad will have told him that Keegan was there when Newcastle won the world cup.
He'll be lucky if his dad can remember when they last had a good team. :mrgreen:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 am

Interesting take on things...
Michael Owen was a national hero after breaking into England's team at the 1998 World Cup under Glenn Hoddle. But he feared the worst when Keegan took over to revive the ailing Euro 2000 campaign. Later, writing in his autobiography, he recalled:

"For me, the warning signs were all there on the training pitch...I assume the manager had conveyed to his staff what he thought of me, and plainly it wasn't complimentary.

"I felt I was being singled out, not just by the manager but the whole coaching staff."

A 3-2 defeat to Romania put England out of Euro 2000. Owen missed the ball completely after 15 seconds.

He wrote:

"A terrible thought filled my head: 'That's exactly what he wants me to do, because it confirms what he's been saying all week'... Guess what? When I caught sight of the manager he was throwing up his arms, shaking his head and gesticulating at the coaches as if to say: 'Did you see that?'. That, I can assure you, is one of the worst feelings in the world."

"I used to go into games believing that the opposition was scared of me and that nothing could get in my way. That feeling, that belief, evaporated at times when I played under Keegan. I don't think Keegan had any sort of personal agenda against me, I just think that as England manager at a major tournament he felt under enormous pressure and he needed something or someone to blame."

"I was an easy target. I wasn't on top of my game."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:17 pm

A geordie at work, said 'Great appointment, He nearly won something last time'

Nearly......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Oh, mi lads, look at the Geordie choir
Singing songs about the man who'll get them out the mire
Keegan's back, they're all on track the lads he'll soon inspire
And if they lose to Megson's lot........ they'll set the place on fire. :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Oh, mi lads, look at the Geordie choir
And if they lose to Megson's lot........ they'll set the place on fire. :mrgreen:
And re-sign Kieron dyer..

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Oh, mi lads, look at the Geordie choir
And re-sign Kieron dyer..
Allardyce just wanted a break...liar

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:08 pm

remember the infamous words of the taxi driver

"i'd rather finish second like playin as we did under keegan, than win things playing like this shite under sam"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Signs in the shop windows today

"WORKING IN A KEEGAN WONDERLAND"

No joke.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;