Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The constructive dismissal idea was apparently floated in a few papers this morning, which may be why I received an email from a motormouth lawyer who's always trying to get his face in the media on football law
Then the motor-mouth lawyer is an idiot.

I do this for a living & could claim 1,000's of Liver Birds on the side of my Spitfire (plus a good few hundred Smoggies & hundreds of random ones from all over the place.

Though he could (if he resigns), thechnically, claim Constructive Dismissal, in reality that is a ridiculous concept in this case.

If Benitez wanted to go through months of process & eventually win approx. £3,500 then he could, but your lawyer guy should understand the reality of this option.
Fair enough, I'll tell him

Don't like the guy anyway, he send emails in 24-point bold :shock:
his signature isn't pink and joined up is it? :shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The constructive dismissal idea was apparently floated in a few papers this morning, which may be why I received an email from a motormouth lawyer who's always trying to get his face in the media on football law
Fair enough, I'll tell him. Don't like the guy anyway, he send emails in 24-point bold :shock:
Dunno, I never get that far down

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Fair enough, I'll tell him. Don't like the guy anyway, he send emails in 24-point bold :shock:
theres loads in my office that have that - weird

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Then the motor-mouth lawyer is an idiot.
theres loads in my office that have that - weird
Partially sighted, maybe ? ... or just affected ponces ??

DSB, do tell him ... I'd love to hear his response.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm

If you don't mind me asking, which paper do you work for?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What are your thoughts, or indeed the general thoughts down your way regarding the reported interest from the Saudi Arabians, Blurred?
I don't think I can give a consensus, because I'm not sure there is one. I think there are some people who'd take anyone except the Yanks, and seem so intent on getting rid of them that they haven't looked at what's coming the other way.

I shall retain cautious optimism, as I had when the current owners took over. It's easy to talk the talk but much harder to walk the walk, and these cowboys have come unstuck pretty quickly. It all depends on what they are willing to put in, and what they are looking to take out; unfortunately nobody knows their intents (assuming they do come in and buy out Hicks and/or Gillet). There's credible arguments for doom-mongers and optimists alike.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Aye, i'm not sure how you could form an opinion either way. Theres nothing to suggest that the Arabs won't just come in and sack Benitez on the spot anyway. Perhaps it is a case of 'better the devil you know' and opt for stability.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fourfourtwo I believe..

Could be wrong

Probably wrong

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 pm

i signed up for this online offer for When Saturday Comes, £20 for two years. Not bad.

4-4-2 is a little too flashy for my tastes these days, but it was my fave when i was younger :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jmjhb wrote:
Fourfourtwo I believe..

Could be wrong

Probably wrong
No, you're right (I answered via PM)
Batman wrote:i signed up for this online offer for When Saturday Comes, £20 for two years. Not bad.
Might have a bit of that myself - is it still extant?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:15 pm

it was on their site before Crimbo

bargainous

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Batman wrote: 4-4-2 is a little too flashy for my tastes these days,
Yes, you'd be better off with Shoot, or maybe Roy of the Rovers. :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:04 pm

i get Motoring and Leisure delivered courtesy of my CSMA insurance, and that is more than enough.

One glance at the letters page with more ramblings about 'youngsters and their personalised plates' and I'm no use for anything else.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 pm

2-1 Villa, 10 minutes left!

You're getting sacked in the morning!!! :D :D :D
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:49 pm

chester white wrote:2-1 Villa, 10 minutes left!

You're getting sacked in the morning!!! :D :D :D
feck, Crouch for 2-2.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:52 pm

blurred wrote:You heard it here first, we're gonna win the league ;)

Perhaps not, but there's a good feel to things this season.
:cry:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I wonder if Liverpool fans will realise, late goal or not, that this isn't a blip, they aren't going to kick into gear and win every game between now and the end of the season in a triumphant justification of Rafas rotation policy. They're just an average team who, cup runs aside, have done nothing but stagnate under Rafa.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Returning to the theme that Rafa Benitez is a prick ... doesn't it strike you that there's one huge PR exercise going on at the moment, to present him as the fans firm favourite & Hicks as the evil kingslayer ?

Odd that most Liverpool fans I speak to see him as flawed, too often a PR embarrassment and his rotation policy as a disaster.

I think his team are behind the publicity stunts, which is why they always get a big build-up, with huge media exposure ... beforehand but when push comes to shove they come to very little at t the actual games.

Why would this be the case ???

BECAUSE HE'S A PRICK !!

If I was Hicks ... even if I wanted out, I'd sack the bastard first. (I bet eveyone's stunned at that conclusion !!)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Benitez is a cra.p manager and is wasting everyones time at Liverpool. I think everyone but deluded Scousers knows this is the case!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Why didn't we thing of this?
Havant and Waterlooville chairman Marcus Hackney has urged potential Liverpool investors DIC to buy his club rather than the Merseysiders. (Sun)
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.