EPL teams out on penalties

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

EPL teams out on penalties

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Everton and Spuds go out on penalties. Chimbonda is a complete muppet. Glad he missed. What are the chances that the SUperwhites make it a treble of going out on pens tmrw night?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 pm

Watched the Spurs game for the sake of the UEFA competition; first half total bore. Second half much better, great goal from Berbatov. Extra time much livelier but penalties anyway. Robinson saves one, Gomes saves one, then Chimbonda sends Gomes the wrong way and..........misses the goal altogether. Was impressed with Mendez and Farfan and Gomes is the latin David James, a good mix of brilliance and lunacy.

Zenit put Marseille out. Anderlecht beat Bayern but go out 6-2 on aggregate.

Pat Nevin hopes Bolton can win tomorrow. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 pm

I watched Everton - Fiorentina. Fiorentina were dire, i'm no Everton fan but the Italians deserved to go out just for being shite. Hilarious to see them go out though, and i wouldn't mind Fiorentina in the next round if we dare to dream that far, provided we get drawn at home first. They looked all at sea against the long ball, and had no pace up front. We'd shit 'em.

Then watched the Spurs shootout (Sky+ is a belter isn't it?) and if theres ever a player who deserved to miss a penalty its Chimbonda.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:33 am

Shame about Spurs. They're such a big club after all.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:56 am

everton had their chances and couldn't convert. they were unlucky but showed tonight that beyond that starting XI there's very little

i don't think we'll be the next ones out on pens, although i'd be delighted if we got that far. bear in mind the only result we could go to penalties with is 1-1, and that's a result i cannot see happening

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:58 am

If you score the next one you win!

Who did Spurs have in that position?

Jermaine Jenas.

Oh how I laughed as he took his run up, knowing he'd miss.......

:pissed:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:03 am

skipper for the night weren't he. robbie keane was taken off as well, surely he's a penalty taker

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:If you score the next one you win!

Who did Spurs have in that position?

Jermaine Jenas.

Oh how I laughed as he took his run up, knowing he'd miss.......

:pissed:
It was actually his miss that lost it before Chimbonda stepped up.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I watched Everton - Fiorentina. Fiorentina were dire, i'm no Everton fan but the Italians deserved to go out just for being shite. Hilarious to see them go out though, and i wouldn't mind Fiorentina in the next round if we dare to dream that far, provided we get drawn at home first. They looked all at sea against the long ball, and had no pace up front. We'd shit 'em.

Then watched the Spurs shootout (Sky+ is a belter isn't it?) and if theres ever a player who deserved to miss a penalty its Chimbonda.
Exactly. To miss the target is unforgivable. Plus he's a nob. Saw his penthouse flat in Manchester on Cribs the other day. feck off.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"