Champions League tonight

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Not another Liverpool-Chelsea semi final.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Senderos cost Arsenal two goals tonight, otherwise they were through.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Athers wrote:Same as the foul on Hleb.
Except it wasn't a foul. Only real contact i saw was Fabregas pulled him back outside the box.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 pm

I'd like to see it again, and I guess we will see it a lot soon.

Joke commentary as ever from Liverpool.ITV, "Maybe the 4th will mean the penalty decision will not be as big a talking point"

Yes because I'm sure they would've left Fabregas 1 on 1 with Babel were they ahead in the tie.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Great game, thought Arsenal had it won when THEO did something magical for their second.

Only for that plank Toure to give away a penalty.

Great game though, bloody well lived up to the hype.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Fxxk the fact it was Scousers ( I hate "Scousers rule the world" and "You'll never squawk alone") and Goonners (hate the fact they have so much money and talent). It was football and a great game of it. Terrific stuff and credit to the inhabitants of Chickenshack. Arsenal bamboozled them with a fantastic short passing game and a deserved goal early on but they settled down and finally learned that the Gooners don't like it up em. Hyypia was immense against Adebayor (what I wouldn't give to see him in a White shirt) and his goal was superb. Was surprised to see Diabe taken off as he was a serious candidate for MOTM for me. Then Torres outdid it all with a cracking solo effort and, just when it looked a case of hanging on for the win, Walcoot bamboozled the whole Scouse side with a magical run for Adebayor to tap in..

Not time to draw breath and it was a spot kick (touch of the jammy-dodgers maybe) for Gerard to make it 3-2. Babel, who was a real force after coming on, made a great strong run and sealed it 4-2 and credit to both for a terrific game of football.......the barstewards :wink:

Riveting stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Athers wrote:Same as the foul on Hleb.
Except it wasn't a foul. Only real contact i saw was Fabregas pulled him back outside the box.
Yeah, I'd say that Liverpool's penalty decision was for absolutely nothing when compared to last weeks.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:02 pm

After some nice Arsenal people coming on here and giving us shite, coz they managed to win at the 'Bok for the first time in about 6 years, I'm glad the cockney feck* are out. feck the lot of 'em, Southern tosspots. Won feck all again.....Just wish I could find the thread with the forum link they posted - nice people.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:22 am

Everyone whinging on about 'last week's penalty' should have a look at Torres getting hauled back in the box last week - every inch the penalty that Kuyt's was supposed to be. From what I've seen the penalty tonight was a fair decision - of course that doesn't stop Sky referring to it as a dodgy decision and 'controversy' at Anfield. They hate the fact that we've gone through, and, quite frankly, feck 'em!

Loving hearing Wenger whinging on about us getting the decisions tonight... Is there a worse loser in football than him? Seriously?

Chelsea again? Oh shite...

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:28 am

Thought Torres' goal was a superb finish, but he was allowed to turn way too easily. As soon as the ball landed at his feet it was obvious what he was going to do, why didn't the defender stay tight?

Superb match though.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:48 am

Wenger out!
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:17 am

spraggy wrote:Thought Torres' goal was a superb finish, but he was allowed to turn way too easily. As soon as the ball landed at his feet it was obvious what he was going to do, why didn't the defender stay tight?

Superb match though.
All a bit long ball and in your face. :mrgreen:

Oh no, that's when we lump it. 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:33 am

bobby5 wrote:Wenger out!
Seriously though, he's won 1 FA Cup in 4 years - that's the sum-total of his achievements. People were saying Rafa should go after what he's achieved in the same time-frame because he'd not got close enough to the league, what about Wenger? Another trophyless season for the whinging, rubber-faced Frenchman, and it's now 2 wins in their last 12 games in all competitions...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 am

blurred wrote:
Seriously though, he's won 1 FA Cup in 4 years - that's the sum-total of his achievements. People were saying Rafa should go after what he's achieved in the same time-frame because he'd not got close enough to the league, what about Wenger? Another trophyless season for the whinging, rubber-faced Frenchman, and it's now 2 wins in their last 12 games in all competitions...
Aye but Wenger has built a young team that has a lot of potential and doesn't continually whinge about transfer funds.

Also Arsenal are much more pleasant than the Liverpool side.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye but Wenger has built a young team that has a lot of potential and doesn't continually whinge about transfer funds.
Nope, just continually whinges. And it's all well and good having a young side and playing attacking football when you're finishing 3rd and 4th every year - at least we win the odd cup now and again, Wenger doesn't even manage that.

And I'm not actually advocating that he should be sacked, just pointing out how ridiculous all the 'Rafa Out' bollocks was a few months ago, when you look at what's happening at Arsenal.

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:13 am

i really cant stand either team/manager/fans but after the Arsenal game recently , i have more loathin for them and their toss pot of a manager Wenger so im glad their out
Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:27 am

blurred wrote:
Keeping them in the top four of the English Premier league on a regualar basis in no small achievement. Neither is the quality of football they regularly turn out. Wenger is no worse than Benitez and Fergusson when it comes to whinging when things don't go their way.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Keeping them in the top four of the English Premier league on a regualar basis in no small achievement.
It wasn't enough of an achievement for Benitez, and he came 3rd the last two seasons ahead of Arsenal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:40 am

blurred wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Keeping them in the top four of the English Premier league on a regualar basis in no small achievement.
It wasn't enough of an achievement for Benitez, and he came 3rd the last two seasons ahead of Arsenal.
The Liverpool owners evidently thought it was. He still has a job. :wink:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Jim Beglin is the anti-Christ.