I just thought I'd remind everyone.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

I just thought I'd remind everyone.

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Steven Gerrard is still a diving scouse bxstard!

Anyone watching the Liverpool Vs Blackburn game will know what I'm on about.

Pathetic!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Is Benitez still a prick too? :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:11 pm

You have to ask? :roll:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:50 pm

I really do dislike that hypocritical feck, at least Drogba admitted to diving. Gerrard puts himself forward as a model of honesty and professionalism to the point where he informs players upon arrival that diving is not appropriate at Liverpool, but he's probably the biggest cheat in the country himself.

PS not seen it today.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Athers wrote:I really do dislike that hypocritical feck, at least Drogba admitted to diving. Gerrard puts himself forward as a model of honesty and professionalism to the point where he informs players upon arrival that diving is not appropriate at Liverpool, but he's probably the biggest cheat in the country himself.

PS not seen it today.
It's because he's a prick too.
He's the football cheats equivalent of the bald man with a comb over hairstyle - thinks the rest of the world is too stupid to realise that they're trying to hide the truth when the facts are staring you right there in the face.
Businesswoman of the year.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Re: I just thought I'd remind everyone.

Post by bw@bw » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Steven Gerrard is still a diving scouse bxstard!

Anyone watching the Liverpool Vs Blackburn game will know what I'm on about.

Pathetic!
Seconded

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:17 pm

It's so annoying the way the commentators try and defend him to. My liverpool fan mate was saying 'if that was diouf or someone else he would have been given so much stick', and he's right. Feckin annoying :evil:
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Verbal wrote:It's so annoying the way the commentators try and defend him to. My liverpool fan mate was saying 'if that was diouf or someone else he would have been given so much stick', and he's right. Feckin annoying :evil:
Aye.

"Ooh, ooh, you can see where Gerrard's foot hits the keepers knee."

Bollocks. Next thing you know, they'll be telling us that Gerrard suddenly suffered cramp in his right leg as he tried to jump the keeper.

Want to know why you didn't get the blatent penalty a few minutes later Stevie poos? Ever heard the expression 'Cry wolf'?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:03 pm

First one (Friedel) was a dive - he left his leg out there and wanted to go down. The second one (Samba, outside the box) was a foul - shoved in the back while in mid-air and Samba nowhere near the ball. The third one (Samba again) probably was a penalty - it was a bit soft, but those usually get given. I'm not quite in the same camp as the MOTD commentator who seemed to think it was nailed on, but you probably get those 60-70% of the time, I'd say; there was enough of an illegal block in there to warrant a pen, even if he went down softly.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:07 pm

blurred wrote:First one (Friedel) was a dive - he left his leg out there and wanted to go down. The second one (Samba, outside the box) was a foul - shoved in the back while in mid-air and Samba nowhere near the ball. The third one (Samba again) probably was a penalty - it was a bit soft, but those usually get given. I'm not quite in the same camp as the MOTD commentator who seemed to think it was nailed on, but you probably get those 60-70% of the time, I'd say; there was enough of an illegal block in there to warrant a pen, even if he went down softly.
The fact that the first one (v. Friedel) was so obviously a dive, Gerrard wasn't going to get anything for the rest of the day.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:38 am

MOTD2 was an absolute disgrace.

Didn't even mention that Gerrard was lucky to be on the field for a blatant attempt to con the referee and win a penalty, and for all the abuse he screamed at the ref throughout, and that Skittles was exceedingly lucky to stay on the field after a cynical trip on Roberts when clean through.

They then brushed over the perfectly legitimate Roberts goal. There would have been an inquiry akin to treasonable offences had the decision been at the other end.

I lost faith with the media long ago, but the discussion last night just served further proof that some clubs are more equal than others.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:39 am

enfieldwhite wrote:
blurred wrote:First one (Friedel) was a dive - he left his leg out there and wanted to go down. The second one (Samba, outside the box) was a foul - shoved in the back while in mid-air and Samba nowhere near the ball. The third one (Samba again) probably was a penalty - it was a bit soft, but those usually get given. I'm not quite in the same camp as the MOTD commentator who seemed to think it was nailed on, but you probably get those 60-70% of the time, I'd say; there was enough of an illegal block in there to warrant a pen, even if he went down softly.
The fact that the first one (v. Friedel) was so obviously a dive, Gerrard wasn't going to get anything for the rest of the day.
Did he get booked or is that only for the bottom feeders? :conf:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 am

Lord Kangana wrote:MOTD2 was an absolute disgrace.

Didn't even mention that Gerrard was lucky to be on the field for a blatant attempt to con the referee and win a penalty, and for all the abuse he screamed at the ref throughout, and that Skittles was exceedingly lucky to stay on the field after a cynical trip on Roberts when clean through.

They then brushed over the perfectly legitimate Roberts goal. There would have been an inquiry akin to treasonable offences had the decision been at the other end.

I lost faith with the media long ago, but the discussion last night just served further proof that some clubs are more equal than others.
It's what's to be expected, sadly - I'd rather some objective criticism of decisions, and equal weight applied to each team/match, but that doesn't happen. For what it's worth I don't think Skrtel should have been sent off - it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, being that far from goal and with Reina rushing out, so I think a yellow was fair (cynical foul as it was). If it were on the edge of the 'D' as opposed to the edge of the centre circle, he'd've likely been off.

I think part of the reason Gerrard didn't get booked for 'screaming at the ref' was the fact that Wiley (I think it was) was absolute bollocks throughout the game, and the decisions shown on MOTD were only the tip of the iceberg - Blackburn had a shout for a penalty as well, which was turned down, he gave Samba all the opportunities he wanted to kick lumps out of Torres, he missed fouls left, right and centre, and couldn't even get corners/goal-kicks right at some points (each way). It really says something when both sets of fans are abusing the ref and saying that he's not fit to referee. Nothing in the press about Bentley kicking Riise off the ball, either, which was another one that he missed.

The four ones on MOTD that showed Gerrard 'abusing' him were Samba clattering into him (foul, not given), a tackle for a corner that he gave as a goal kick (incorrectly), the penalty at the Kop end (probably should have been a pen, but we'll let Wiley off for this one) and the free-kick given away on the edge of our box (where he got the ball). He had a right to be aggrieved with each of those decisions, and I think it was the performance of the ref in general which led to a lot of players reacting badly to bad decisions (it's just that Gerrard's were the ones seen on telly).

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am

Skrtel also smashed into somebody on the right flank, nowhere near the ball stoods up anle height - Should have been a Yellow (should have been his second yellow, actually) and could have been a red - He didn't get booked and had the audacity to complain at the decision

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Only saw the first incident and a clear dive, I've no axe to grind against Liverpool but Gerrard is one of the biggest hypocrites out there, doesn't mind a dive or a two footed challenge.