Sour grapes (I cannot stop laughing)

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Sour grapes (I cannot stop laughing)

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:25 am

Saw it on SSN this morning. Totally over-rated and no different if Mourinho had still been there.
The fact is while Jose was the coach I played most of the games and people who know me know that I would not have come here to be a reserve.
LMAO, and remind us again, who was injured during this time? :roll:

Funny as well how he's saying this on the day he's been put on the transfer list. Bitter much?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am

He's made an absolute cock of himself here has old TBH. Bearing in mind that Grant was his coach at international level one might have thought that he'd perhaps have been looked on favourably if anything. I think what he meant was "Had I known that the required level at Chelsea was beyond the limit of my capabilities then I wouldn't have bothered". Mind you, that simply dismisses the cash on offer too, and from what I've read TBH is one almighty cash-grabbing, tight-arse and would have sold his soul to the highest bidder in any case.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:He's made an absolute cock of himself here has old TBH. Bearing in mind that Grant was his coach at international level one might have thought that he'd perhaps have been looked on favourably if anything. I think what he meant was "Had I known that the required level at Chelsea was beyond the limit of my capabilities then I wouldn't have bothered". Mind you, that simply dismisses the cash on offer too, and from what I've read TBH is one almighty cash-grabbing, tight-arse and would have sold his soul to the highest bidder in any case.
That he is!

Though I have heard he actually took out a Cech a couple of weeks back.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 am

And yet many reckoned TBH was going to sign for Portsmouth because Grant was there (prior to him becoming Chelsea manager.) I've no animosity toward Ben Haim. He played out his contract for us (on not much money) and then chose to move on, as he's perfectly entitled to do.

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:43 am

reckon we should get him back?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:He's made an absolute cock of himself here has old TBH. Bearing in mind that Grant was his coach at international level one might have thought that he'd perhaps have been looked on favourably if anything. I think what he meant was "Had I known that the required level at Chelsea was beyond the limit of my capabilities then I wouldn't have bothered". Mind you, that simply dismisses the cash on offer too, and from what I've read TBH is one almighty cash-grabbing, tight-arse and would have sold his soul to the highest bidder in any case.
That he is!

Though I have heard he actually took out a Cech a couple of weeks back.
Nolan said as much in his BBC column

Oh and poor joke!! :wink:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:47 am

runningonbravado wrote:reckon we should get him back?
If we survive, I'd take him back in place of Meite, who is sure to go. If he agreed to take a slash in pay; because I personaly don't think he could get infront of O'Brien or Cahill. Seeing as he'd be taking a cut in pay to sit on another bench, I highly doubt he'd come.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:00 am

warthog wrote: I've no animosity toward Ben Haim. He played out his contract for us (on not much money) and then chose to move on, as he's perfectly entitled to do.
Nor have I, except for when he foolishly thinks that he can insult our intelligence.
May the bridges I burn light your way

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
runningonbravado wrote:reckon we should get him back?
If we survive, I'd take him back in place of Meite, who is sure to go. If he agreed to take a slash in pay; because I personaly don't think he could get infront of O'Brien or Cahill. Seeing as he'd be taking a cut in pay to sit on another bench, I highly doubt he'd come.
Agree with that, he's no better than either of them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:45 am

warthog wrote:And yet many reckoned TBH was going to sign for Portsmouth because Grant was there (prior to him becoming Chelsea manager.) I've no animosity toward Ben Haim. He played out his contract for us (on not much money) and then chose to move on, as he's perfectly entitled to do.
With you on this one Warty. think he conducted himself fine with us. Don't blame him for wanting to try and play at a "higher level".

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

beware the curse

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
warthog wrote:And yet many reckoned TBH was going to sign for Portsmouth because Grant was there (prior to him becoming Chelsea manager.) I've no animosity toward Ben Haim. He played out his contract for us (on not much money) and then chose to move on, as he's perfectly entitled to do.
With you on this one Warty. think he conducted himself fine with us. Don't blame him for wanting to try and play at a "higher level".
Aye agreed, especially when he was on the peanuts we paid him. I personally thought, bar not wanting to get cup-tied (if it was him) he was a model pro from saying he was leaving until going.

Probably the only premiership footballer to drive one of these I'd guess

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/tucson

So may as well go somewhere for the cash

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm

Thing that did for me about TBH was that at first he looked good and promising, then his game changed, he got dirtier and crapper but actually believed he was better than he was, oh and the fact a lot of our fans thought he was soooo talented we should of lined up to kiss his ass!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:beware the curse
Somehow Ginge, considering our current plight, I can't really imagine TBH singing the "Why did I ever leave Bolton?" anthem.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Does he room with Steve Sidwell?
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 pm

bobby5 wrote:Does he room with Steve Sidwell?
what does he need a room for he's never in the f*kin squad? :wink:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:beware the curse
Somehow Ginge, considering our current plight, I can't really imagine TBH singing the "Why did I ever leave Bolton?" anthem.
maybe next year when he's loaned out to charlton eh