Sven Sacked

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Sven Sacked

Post by Batman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 am

Possibly :)

MASSIVE club :lol:
Sven Goran Eriksson will reportedly jump before he is pushed out of Manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra.

The club's owner said on Wednesday that he would consider Eriksson's position in the summer after spending around £50million on the team last summer.

'I'm not happy with the performance of the club in the second half of the season' said Shinawatra.

'We will look at it at the end of the season and assess the club and the people involved. We will probably have to sell some players and buy some new ones.'

Now The Daily Mail reports that Eriksson may choose to resign instead of being sacked after realising that 'Thaksin wants tangible success at a click of his fingers'.

City had an excellent start to the season, but have tailed off since the turn of the year and have won just four games in 2008. However, they still remain in a respectable eighth place, in stark contrast to the 14th of last season, when they only avoided relegation by four points

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 am

Best get ready for direct football, City fans.

Allardyce is coming!!! :mrgreen:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Quick sack Megson :)

The Sky is Blue
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Sky is Blue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm

And in other news:

City win the FA Youth Cup in front of a crowd bigger than a certain premiership (for a few more weeks) club gets.

The future's bright, the future's BLUE

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:And in other news:

City win the FA Youth Cup in front of a crowd bigger than a certain premiership (for a few more weeks) club gets.

Aye, and by beating Chelski, half the team will be joining them in the next few weeks

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Aye, we've heard the same song before: City for the European Cup.....er well, maybe not.
City for the top four..............er well, maybe not
City for UEFA.......................er, well, maybe not.
Sven for the sack.................er, well maybe after spending all the bosses money.

But hey, the future's blue.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 pm

I'll be sure to not mention that the tickets were free - That may take away your 'massifness'

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:01 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:City win the FA Youth Cup in front of a crowd bigger than a certain premiership (for a few more weeks) club gets.
Woop-de-doo.
Businesswoman of the year.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Sorry I still get confused about this, where do you get extra points for your crowd sizes again?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:52 pm

How can the future be bright if it's blue? Who do you think you are? B.B. King?

The Sky is Blue
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Sky is Blue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Raven wrote:Sorry I still get confused about this, where do you get extra points for your crowd sizes again?
Simple equation really,

higher gates = more revenue/turnover

more money = higher wages to attract better players

better players = better team

therefore a higher finish & more points

Well that’s the idea, the barcodes seem to throw that thesis oot of the window.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm

What a load of crap! Big crowds does not = any points whatsoever.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:29 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:Well that’s the idea, the barcodes seem to throw that thesis oot of the window.
As have you guys for the last x seasons. Now with a bit of blood money you've changed it - more due to a good club manager than anything else, then what when Thaksin send Sven on his way?

Also does it actual mean increased revenues, isn't it for Citeh, large crowds = having to pay for stadium, smaller crowds not having to?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:
Raven wrote:Sorry I still get confused about this, where do you get extra points for your crowd sizes again?
Simple equation really,

higher gates = more revenue/turnover

more money = higher wages to attract better players

better players = better team

therefore a higher finish & more points

Well that’s the idea, the barcodes seem to throw that thesis oot of the window.

Aye, that's why City's finished above Bolton for most of the last 20 years....Most of this lot will have turned up because they were too thick to notice it wasn't a Prem match.

The Sky is Blue
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Sky is Blue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 pm

I think most of the city fans turned up (me inc.) to support the future blues last night - a academy team made up of mainly local lads as for chelski 90% foreign. Future names like Mee,Weiss,Trippier,McDermott,Sturridge to follow the likes of Richards,SWP,Onuha,Barton,Ireland,Johnson etc into the first team - as unlike elsewhere they do get a chance in the city 1st team.

I was just as proud last night as at the derby wins

oh & entrance was free to S/T holders - £5 to everyone else (Adults).

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Isn't your Youth Teams best player (and scorer last night), a guy called Vladimir Weiss?

Hardly sounds as if he's from Salford does it?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:43 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:I think most of the city fans turned up (me inc.) to support the future blues last night - a academy team made up of mainly local lads as for chelski 90% foreign. Future names like Mee,Weiss,Trippier,McDermott,Sturridge to follow the likes of Richards,SWP,Onuha,Barton,Ireland,Johnson etc into the first team - as unlike elsewhere they do get a chance in the city 1st team.

I wondered why most televised City games sound like 40,000 screaming kids! :D
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 pm

The Sky is Blue wrote:I think most of the city fans turned up (me inc.) to support the future blues last night - a academy team made up of mainly local lads as for chelski 90% foreign. Future names like Mee,Weiss,Trippier,McDermott,Sturridge to follow the likes of Richards,SWP,Onuha,Barton,Ireland,Johnson etc into the first team - as unlike elsewhere they do get a chance in the city 1st team.

racist

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 pm

I was just as proud last night as at the derby wins oh & entrance was free to S/T holders - £5 to everyone else (Adults).
You've all fallen under the spell of the new Lord of the Manor. Rides in, throws a few bob about, charms the locals with tales of glory, sets up his soldiers to impress.....and then sets about the real business of colecting the taxes. A goose for the plucking. Once you're eaten he'll grab the purse and take off into the sunset. Man City, the next Leeds United. Byeeee. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:50 am

Tombwfc wrote:Isn't your Youth Teams best player (and scorer last night), a guy called Vladimir Weiss?

Hardly sounds as if he's from Salford does it?
A Slovak I believe