Sven to leave Man City?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Absolute farce - give him less than a season to turn it around and then sack him. Shinawatra obviously doesn't know how shite City were last year and how massive a task it is to turn them into European qualifiers (or thereabouts).

Sven's a top manager and has done a great job for me, if Benitez were to leave he'd be on my shortlist of candidates to interview, and no mistake.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:21 pm

blurred wrote:Absolute farce - give him less than a season to turn it around and then sack him. Shinawatra obviously doesn't know how shite City were last year and how massive a task it is to turn them into European qualifiers (or thereabouts).

Sven's a top manager and has done a great job for me, if Benitez were to leave he'd be on my shortlist of candidates to interview, and no mistake.
Christ I didn't know you were American!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:31 pm

More money lunacy. Sven's really shaped City up and its the players that are letting him down right now. That said, this is the best side they've had for ages and Skinny Arfer should butt out and leave him to it. Sacking, how crazy can you get? Money through the door, sport out of the window.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 pm

warthog wrote:"Hello, Mr Shinawatra. My name's Sam. I used to manage Bolton."

JOGAMIGMOG

Location: Round at Kate Winslet's Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:14 am Post subject:

Just got a 10 min break at work, NOT THAT I'VE DONE MUCH! Slept about 2 hours last night after being on here all night. Still in complete shock it's an absolute feck* disgrace and will/can only be placated if Mourinho is the new man. What's the betting we end up with Fat Sam!

Let's all go to Liverpool and go bananas

You psychic Warty?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Sven's season, as per most of his post-match England comments: "First half good, second half not so good." No shock to see an egomaniacal megalomaniac chopping off heads, nor indeed Svennis demanding Sinatra honour the contract he signed. Idiocy on the owner's part, but not surprising.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 pm

the whole of football should worry. Sven was given license to spend, a target of a top 10 finish which he is likely to achieve and his team are playing very decent football. they're 2 or 3 players short of a good side and i'm sure he knows who he wants to buy.

first newcastle and sam, now this. total lunacy. we'll be getting rid of megson after surviving at this rate :roll:

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Farce
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:the whole of football should worry
Not sure about that, unless your chairman's a knob. Oh.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 pm

City has been a bloody good move for Sven though. Leaves smelling like roses and instantly back in the frame for the top jobs in europe rather than shit ones like citeh.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm

You're right , but Sven's rebuilt the squad yet he may still get City finishing higher than anyone since Peter Reid, 10 managers and 16 years ago. He's done his side of the bargain.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Interesting point that a lot of Citeh fans were making on the radio was about the profile of Erikson.

He has the ear of many influential people in the game, and knows a lot of the top players. Whilst we all joke about how 'massive' City are, I think he was one of the few people in world football who could lure the right coaches and players to the club to push it on.

Can only think of a handful of managers who fit the same profile, and off the top of my head I can't think of any that would potentially take it, unless Frank was dishing out Abrahmovich amounts of cash. Or its Big Phil Scolari.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:44 pm

LMA Involved now. Almost begging the Murderer to keep Sven in a job, not that it's their decision or anything, but I reckon they have a valid point!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7375249.stm

"In the last 12 months we've had over 150 coaches and managers sacked in our game, and around 60% of those ended up going through some sort of legal process.

"I think we have to remember that every time a manager gets sacked so do approximately two coaches."

Interesting stat

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:BBC report that he has been sacked with effect from the end of the season.

THIS is precisely why just having some rich bloke ploughing money in, does NOT mean you will be successful.

I'd prefer Gartside and Davies over this sort of shambles any day!
Look Shittyarta or whatever is only correcting a mistake he made with his appointment like some would have us believe Garty did with Lee.
Hope so!!!
Watch this space Megson off to City :D

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:50 pm

warthog wrote:"Hello, Mr Shinawatra. My name's Sam. I used to manage Bolton."
"See these comments I made here about how good they were before I left..."

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:You're right , but Sven's rebuilt the squad yet he may still get City finishing higher than anyone since Peter Reid, 10 managers and 16 years ago. He's done his side of the bargain.
Oh, I totally agree. Svens always been an able club manager and the job he's done at city is no suprise.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Only City fans would trumpet in the arrival of the know-nothing-about-football-and-care-even-less deposed leader of a country where child prostitution is perfectly legal and rats are on the menu whilst he's up on charges of corruption as being the begining of a massively bright future. How fecking desperate are they? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 am

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am

Madness.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Madness.
Dunno, after managing the likes of Benfica, Lazio, Roma and England, I can fully understand him waking up one Monday morning after a period of quiet contemplation and a couple of blondes half his age and think SHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEETTTTTT I'm at Citeh, I've guided them to their highest finish in the Premier League so it can't get any better and 8-1 against Middlesboro looks like the sign of things to come, time I left by mutual consent

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:08 am

Blackburn have let Mark Hughes speak to them.

City spiraling out of control, and now the inbreds are losing their manager.

Two birds, one stone.